[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civil War >directed by the Russo brothers, who have received
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Civil War
>directed by the Russo brothers, who have received critical applause for their work, including the MCU's best movie The Winter Soldier
>balances humor and drama
>the large cast is a culmination of eight years and twelve movies
>the conflict is well established coming from the previous films, and both sides have valid points
>makes significant changes to the source material to improve on its weaknesses
>confirmed it's not a last-minute teamup, they actually fight each other

Batman vs. Superman
>directed by Zack Snyder, who couldn't make a decent film if his life depended on it
>humorless 2deep4u bullshit
>blows it's load on the entire Justice League in the second movie
>Batman decides to fight Superman because he doesn't like the look of him
>rips off The Death of Superman, but doesn't have the balls to actually go through with it
>Batman vs. Superman? Too bad, it's Batman and Superman vs. Doomsday instead

Just give up on DC movies, they can't compete.
>>
File: 1023.jpg (5 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1023.jpg
5 KB, 238x250
I'm so jealous. I just want some good DC movies, but they can't seem to put one together unlike based Marvel.
>>
True capekino.

DCucks BTFO.
>>
>>67330882
I content myself with watching their animated shows and movies, it's childish but the best thing they've made so far.
>>
the conlift of Civil War is not established at all, and it's completely out of the character for movie Stark to suddenly take that side.
It feels incredibly rushed just to match bvs
>>
>>67331271
Unlike the comics Cap and Iron Man have never really gotten along. It's not like best friends turning on each other, it's more like two guys who bared each other finally reach the boiling point. Iron Man has been fucking up since the beginning an AoU sets up why he'd be for registration and TWS sets up why Cap would be against it.

It may not be perfect, but it's not out of character and rushed.
>>
File: 1435744836172.gif (1024 KB, 280x319) Image search: [Google]
1435744836172.gif
1024 KB, 280x319
>>67330761
>MCU's best movie The Winter Soldier
>the more political movie in marvel movies
>the least wacky comedy in marvel movies
its like people like humorless capeshit
>>
>>67331433
It still has a few jokes every now and then.
Thing is the other movies are Whedon shit or Iron Man who is just RDJ acting as a more obnoxious version of himself.
>>
>>67330761
>both sides has valid points
>civil war
The fuck? Captain America and his band of cucks literally betray the US because "muh childhood friend is gonna get sent to jail :("
>>
>>67331433
Except WW was still a fun action movie, with a bit of a serious approach but not trying to be more than it was. It respected their public.
>>
>>67331393
Yes it is
>Iron Man, after fucking up countless times, finally admits he was wrong and says we need more moderation
>Cap says fuck it and beats the shit out of everyone just because they were going to send Bucky to jail/kill him
Also
>I'm doing this for a friend
>I thought I was your friend
You're entire statement is mute entirely because of the garbage trailers they released
>>
>>67331433
It was more serious than the usual Marvel flick, but it still didn't go full grimdark.

Captain America was the bastion of hope while everything around him went to shit. Even though what happened was pretty dark (SHIELD being corrupted, his best friend coming back after being braiwashed and tortured), Cap still fought and believed in his ideals. He was pretty much Superman done right.
>>
>>67330761
Yeah where the fuck did these Russo brothers come from? Their credits before Captain America were literally some Arrested Development and Community episodes and "You Me and Dupree". Now they're top dogs at Marvel. Who discovered these guys? They have absolutely no industry clout but they're great at directing action, it's like a franchise producer's wet dream came to life.
>>
>>67331935
Never watched Community, but people were saying that some episodes they did showed that they could handle action.
>>
>>67331935
There are certain episodes of Community that involve paintball that are pretty much the best action you would see on TV
>>
>>67332138
Considering their work outside of franchises are both bad (or at least their first movie has a low score on RT, can't confirm or deny its quality personally), maybe they're just the kind of directors who are perfect for franchise work but have no sense of what material is good or bad. Same with Miguel Sapochnik, the guy who did the Hardhome episode on GoT. He was excellent in that show and on Banshee, but his only feature was "Repo Men", which was pretty bad.
>>
>>67331433
It had the right amount of humor, unlike Age of Lultron which just drains the movie of its tension and was basically a fucking sitcom
>>
>>67331935
I have the opposite question.
Who the fuck still let's Zack Snyder direct movies? He is just fucking terrible.
Watchman outside the intro was complete dog shit.

Is he some executive fuckboi?
>>
>>67332424
What's the episode called?
>>
>>67330761
>makes significant changes to the source material to improve on its weaknesses
Like writing out the Punisher, who was hands down the best part. This especially stings since he's now officially a part of the MCU and just killed it on Daredevil.
>>
>>67332644
They say which ones they are here
http://community-sitcom.wikia.com/wiki/Paintball_Assassin

>>67332732
>Wanting the movie to be exactly like the shitty comic
The F4 isn't in it either and they're pretty important for that event
>>
A terrible score its a great outcome.

Why would you ask? This just became Capekino. Its so but so Kino that people and critics just dont get it. We are the chosen one. The contrarians now.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.