[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: dick cunt.png (123 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
dick cunt.png
123 KB, 1024x1024
What went wrong?
>>
They weren't bought by Disney.
>>
desperate for Marvels success
>>
Owned by Warner Bros, the most incompetent studio in the world
>>
>>67329061
This so much, I have no idea how they're still in business.
>>
Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are better than ANYTHING Marvel has made or will make.

So they win
>>
>>67329061
They seem to be able to do the Animated DC movies far better than they do live action.
>>
>>67329061
That's not Sony
>>
>>67328783
For one changing this logo into the current shit one
>>
>>67329145
>Daredevil Netflix
>Deadpool
better than any Pretentious dc grimdark realist depiction of a comic book character.
>>
File: based_nolan.jpg (2 MB, 6144x4088) Image search: [Google]
based_nolan.jpg
2 MB, 6144x4088
>>67329145
Both thanks to Nolan. No help from DC.
>>
>>67329145
Nolan's batman series has nothing to do with DC cinematic universe.

DC is just total shit compared to Marvel all around

Even their TV shows Arrow, Flash and Supergirl sucks compared to Marvel's DareDevil and Jessica Jones.
>>
DC is too invested in this dark, gloomy cinematic universe because of hacks like Nolan and Snyder. They have explicit orders not to make fun movies. People don't see cape movies for dark, depressing shit.
>>
File: 9.jpg (563 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
563 KB, 1000x562
AVENGE ME
>>
Nothing. They still write way better comics and their movies are fine, if not spectacular. Partly this is because their best plot lines are too involved to realistically portray in movies.

Marvel is the McDonald's of superheroes. Forgettable junk. Even more so with Disney at the helm.
>>
>>67329061
They are pretty fantastic in comparison to the other studios when producing movie except when they want to make money
example
>Hobbit trilogy
>DCMU
>>
>>67329283
That's not DC's fault, or MARVEL's achievement.

It's Sony and Netflix that are succeeding or dropping the ball here.

That said DC needs to be more careful about who they license to and keep in mind the artist who will work with their characters if they give a shit about their future.
>>
>>67329266
>>67329283

The DC logo comes up before the movie, I'm not talking about any "cinematic universe"
>>
>>67329283
top kek even Arrow Season 3 got better reviews than daredevil season 2
>>
>>67329061
But WB gave us TDK annnnd The Matrix
>>
>>67328783
>company wars thread
>>
Inb4 people start blaming the Jooooooos
>>
>>67329061
Sony is worse
>>
File: AlanMooreSmiling.jpg (128 KB, 500x856) Image search: [Google]
AlanMooreSmiling.jpg
128 KB, 500x856
They pissed off the writer who made them the most money and haven't found a replacement.
>>
File: le lemon key face.jpg (237 KB, 1488x1000) Image search: [Google]
le lemon key face.jpg
237 KB, 1488x1000
>/co/fags on my board

take your capeshit elsewhere
>>
>>67329976
hello r/truefilm!
>>
Isnt there only like 40 reviews
>>
>>67329736
true. but he's also batshit crazy. then again, i like my talent to be batshit. he would've found another reason sooner or later to gtfo. he follows his own muse. good for him. top bloke, for a dandy neighborhood warlock.
>>
>>67329311
i do
>>
>>67328783
It is not a problem of dc universe, the problem is that they don't have a clue of how adapting it.
Nolan's batman worked because it captured the noir tone that batman's comic book have, and made with it a kind of noir film.
You can't generalize this kind of approach.
And Snyder is almost blind.
>>
>>67329736

Have you paid attention to what he's done or said? DC/WB actually did a smart move avoiding a "redpilled' Moore.
>>
>>67329061
No offense but have you seen Sony?
>>
Why don't DC stick to TV?
>>
I couldn't stand watching the TV reboots, Arrow, Flash and Super girl are naive, emotional, preachy teens that for better or worse always get their way in the end

Marvel for life, at least people die and sometimes even stay dead in that universe.
>>
>>67328783
hmm who shall we appoint to direct our film?

our film is going to be dark and gritty, that's what those kids on myspace like, right?

Gee zack snyder is free, he directed that smash hit Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole!

oh, and man of steel! that made a great trailer! i mean movie! dark, gritty, depressing, angst-filled, and full of world-terminating violence. he really captured the essence of the children's comic book character, superman! plus, we'll throw in batman too! hes so angsty and murderous he wears black all the time! those hot topic youths will go apeshit for our visionary genius!
>>
DAVID GOYER

I have no idea how this hack gets work
>>
>>67331536
Then why did they try everything in their power to get him to come back or at least give the Before Watchmen project his blessing?
>>
RISE UP

OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q9_J8gzznE&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: 1422559635041.jpg (31 KB, 383x384) Image search: [Google]
1422559635041.jpg
31 KB, 383x384
>>67334204
wash your face sometimes
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.