[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 30 Rock.jpg (30 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
30 Rock.jpg
30 KB, 530x298
Is this worth watching?
>>
Yes. It's not the best but it's pretty good.
>>
Yeah it's great.
>>
>>67322769
It's medíocre.
Has some god tier moments.
90% of it are obscure referentes, specially obscure if you're not american.
Also the leftist agenda is there. They try to 'balance' it with caricaturistic right wings character winning the day but it's still weak.
Also those niggers suck. Lemon actually grew.
4/10, best I can give.
>>
I gave up around S5 because every second episode was about Liz having a new boyfriend

Fuck that shit
>>
No, it's only good if you're a woman/nu male
>>
Yes, even the dated references/appearances are still pretty funny. It takes the piss out of everyone while maintaining a fairly light and approachable tone. Baldwin kills it and while the quality does decline the series does end before it gets unwatchable. Definitely check it out if you haven't seen it.
>>
>>67322769
It's one of the best comedy shows I've ever seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTB2bA_VwXo
>>
File: 1416357282210.jpg (149 KB, 1022x943) Image search: [Google]
1416357282210.jpg
149 KB, 1022x943
It starts out slow but it becomes one of the best comedies of the last decade.

Ignore all the neckbeards complaining about it being a "muh female empowerment" show, because it's not.

Tina Fey's character is a liberal/feminist/all that shit but it's to make fun of those people, same with Alec Baldwin's character for conservatives.
>>
It's kind of funny. But I swear like 80% of the jokes follow a formula where the delivering character says something sensible, followed by a second-long pause, and the character follows up by saying something that veers into LOL RANDOM territory.
>>
>>67323181
>NBC
>not SJW as fuck since forever
>>
Best written sitcom ever.

Oftentimes 10+ great jokes are packed into a minute or two of dialog.
>>
File: 1443574610894.jpg (73 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1443574610894.jpg
73 KB, 800x600
>>67323252
Lorne Michaels is a Republican.

Plus, like I said most of the SJW stuff on the show is a parody like this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_24p1ht9v8
>>
>>67323181
Agreed, this show honestly makes fun of leftists more than conservatives. Anybody whining about feminism clearly hasn't actually watched the show and is just bitter about women in general
>>
Yes easily one of the funniest shows ever. Personally I feel it's last good sitcom. Nothing else like that will be made again since now is changing into stuff like TBBT or stuff like Bojack Horsman.
>>
>>67323037
>tfw I'm not americuck and I got pretty all references
I feel like I've failed life
>>
>>67323232
No that's not how it works. They pretty much trick into thinking they're going to say something and then they say something else. It's pretty effective.
>>
>>67324638
Even the "The mailbox was Haldeman!!" reference?

Because that's probably the dankest joke in the whole show.
>>
File: 1457650448041.jpg (5 KB, 250x209) Image search: [Google]
1457650448041.jpg
5 KB, 250x209
>>67324638
Iktf

I do understand more references than I should
>>
Lemon and Donaghy should've gotten married. Otherwise a 9/10 show.
>>
>>67325941
Nah, Jack was never even slightly interested in Liz
>>
>>67322769
Watch The Muppet Show instead.
They're the same thing
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.