[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Attack the Block?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: attack-the-block.jpg (121 KB, 608x733) Image search: [Google]
attack-the-block.jpg
121 KB, 608x733
What does /tv/ think of Attack the Block?
>>
>>67320104

Was impressed to find out the aliens aren't CG but practical
>>
overrated as fuck coming from london
>>
To many block people
>>
>>67320104
Pretty bad desu senpai
>>
Shitty like your dads bellend
>>
Joe Cornish is a lefty cuck
>>
>>67320104

Boring and overrated.
>>
>>67320104
I hate popular shit because it's popular and unpopular shit because I don't get it, but most of all I hate shit people say is underrated because they think they're clever for liking it.
>>
File: paul-feig.jpg (263 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
paul-feig.jpg
263 KB, 1536x1024
>Alien Invasion In Da Hood

Great concept.

>Attack The Block

Shit execution.
>>
The gang mugging some innocent qt at knife point in the opening and then not being brutally mauled to death by aliens was a mistake.

I was waiting for them to be taken out one by one. Would have made for a fun film that way.
Sadly the majority of them live and the film even tries to make them out to be the heroes in the end.
Even though they're still the same irredeemable shitcunts from the beginning that have shown no real signs of growth, change or conscience.
>>
>>67320435
This.

The creators expect us to believe what they do as just a normal aspect of life for them and something we should accept.
>>
>>67320435
>>67320714
mugging randoms is a pleb way to make money, selling drugs is patrician
>>
>>67321196
Drugs is casual shit.

Transportation and racketeering is patrician.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 398x600
>>67320184
>>
I enjoyed it, fun film.

Loved the alien designs.
>>
>>67320104
I remember it being one of the worst teal and orange abusers I've ever encountered. Also, I loved The Adam & Joe Show.
>>
File: downloadfile.png (341 KB, 852x465) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.png
341 KB, 852x465
>>67322242
> hair with teeth
yea real inspired
>>
/tv/ LOVED this movie when it first came out.
A majority of those posters have long since left though.
>>
>>67320104
crap
>>
File: 1456864649483.jpg (71 KB, 474x641) Image search: [Google]
1456864649483.jpg
71 KB, 474x641
>>67322207
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 642x933) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 642x933
>>67322491

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Muslim hot hole.

Hitler idolised them after all.
>>
I thought it was pretty fantastic, senpai.
Not as good as Edgar Wright but still pretty tight, bruhv.
I'm gonna go play fifa and not get chlamydia.
>>
I went to see it with MC Lars and MC Chris so going to see it was a really memorable experience. When I watched it again later I thought it was crap.
>>
>>67320435
>gang of thugs assault and rob a girl
>one of them breaks out of police custody
>they later invade the home of the girl they robbed and refuse to let her call emergency services (despite them claiming to want medical assistance)
>she depends on them for protection and they're made out to be the heroes

That made me stop watching this filth half way in.
>>
>>67322561
God I hate word filters. Just let me say senpai, senpai.
>>
>>67320104
I'd say is some kind of cult flick. Not good, but has some original points that makes it a little better than most flicks.
>>
>>67322207
>Gets mugged
>Decides to make a film in which his muggers are heroes that save the day

If only we could all be as progressive and enlightened
>>
>>67320138
Kek this wins
>>
The effects were good and I cringed when they mentioned Naruto off hand.

However the film really lost my love. I thought that the film was going to be about a bunch of degenerate scum who get brutally mauled. And throughout the whole film, that's what I wanted.

The opening scene sets them up as irredemable. Committing a terrible crime against a defenceless woman. But halfway through the film, they say something like "eh forget about that, stop holding such a grudge, yeesh". Is this supposed to be funny or ironic or something?

It felt weird to watch a film where I genuinely just wanted the aliens to kill the humans. Normally, even if the human characters are dislikeable, your natural instincts make you empathise with them more than the faceless furballs. Not here. Well, there was the poor nurse, of course, but she was merely one character.

Why did they do this? Why did they single handedly ruin the film? Was it supposed to make me feel kinder towards street thugs? Because it did not work.
>>
>>67323831
You're supposed to feel bad for them because they're black and from a disadvantaged background. It's not their fault they have to brutally assault and rob people, they're good kids at heart.

There, that's the message for you.
>>
>>67323979
Forgive me if I have forgotten the details, but I remember them all living comfortably in an apartment block and never once showing remorse for their actions.

I seem to recall it being their hobby, not their work.
>>
>>67324054
Those were council estates, government housing if you're not from the UK. They're supposed to be South London youths, so poor and dissafected.

Anyway I'm agreeing with you, that part is handled very poorly, like we're somehow supposed to forget they're all violent thugs for some reason.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.