[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You warned me, /tv/. You warned me and i didn't listen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
You warned me, /tv/. You warned me and i didn't listen.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>67319442

it was thin, sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread.
>>
Horrible CGI
>>
>>67319442
Why is Smaugh in the third poster?
>>
Peter Jackson spent 3 years preparing The Lord of the Rings.

For the Hobbit he was called in a month before shooting started so had no time to prepare. he was told "here is what Del Toro has prepared, film it."

its Del Toros fault really for running off at the last second.
>>
i still haven't watched any of them. i liked Lord of the Rings but had no interest in The Hobbit. i'll check it out one hungover day, i guess. it's not the negative reviews that has turned me off to the series but the fact that it's bloated. the book was slim,why make 6+ hour movie version of it? well, besides the obvious cashgrab.
>>
>>67319442
OOOOOOH BLACK PONTIAC WITH A POCKET OF CASH, FOOT ON THE GAS READY AND THROWIN UP A LIDDLE DUUST LAIK A PICKUP TRUUHCK DUUHS IN THE MUUUHD BUT AINT NOBAWDY SLOAWIN US DAWWN
>>
>>67319442
Jackson got too up his ass with CGI, and forgot the soul of the franchise. Also, split it into multiple movies.

I will say everything in the Shire was fucking GOAT in these though.
>>
>>67319540
Excellent.
>>
Production was an absolute shambles. To name just a few aspects:

Props on Lord of the Rings were made years before shooting started. In The Hobbit, props were being made on the day they were required for a scene.

The Lord of the Rings had three years of pre-production. The Hobbit had a a month.

They were filming a practical version of the battle scene in the third movie, someone came to Peter informing him that they needed to shoot another scene right fucking now or it would never get done. So they fired all 150 extras on the spot and replaced the battle with CGI.
>>
>>67319601
>>67319819
This. Jackson pulled out a miracle to be honest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk
>>
>>67319819
>The Hobbit had a a month.

wrong. Del Taco prepared for two years then abandoned ship. his work was still used
>>
File: bolg.jpg (803 KB, 1200x873) Image search: [Google]
bolg.jpg
803 KB, 1200x873
>Almost no prep time compared to LotR
>Del Toro fucking up and leaving everything to Jackson
>Three movies instead of one or two, leading to horrible pace
>Never actually get any reason to care about most of the dwarfs
>Feels either overly ridiculous during most fights or suddenly tries to be way too serious, rarely hitting the sweet spot
>Terminator Legolas
>Forced, terrible cliched romance
>Terrible bloom CGI and much less practical effects
>That fight with Elrond, Saruman and Galadriel with Team Sauron blasting off again
>Alfrid replacing Bilbo as the main character in the last one
>Dragged out battle in the last one and lackluster "feels" since we hardly care about any of these fuckers
>Forgettable score
>>
>>67319819
>They were filming a practical version of the battle scene in the third movie, someone came to Peter informing him that they needed to shoot another scene right fucking now or it would never get done. So they fired all 150 extras on the spot and replaced the battle with CGI.
Wait, that actually happened? Jesus Christ, this trilogy should've been stillborn.
>>
>>67319442
Everyone with half a brain knew it was fucked the moment they announced it was going to be a trilogy. You have to assume some higher-ups were full on retarded when they decided to take the shortest book in LotR and elongate it into three movies.

Greedy fucks.
>>
>>67319442
>What the fuck happened?
A book that could be adapted in a single 2 hours and half movie got 3 movies of 3 hours.
>>
elves do not respect dwarves, legolas and gimli was a massive outlier, due to their shared experiences and relative youth compared to others of their kind

even galadriel was repulsed to have a dwarf in her forest at first

a dwarf/elf romance popping out of nowhere is so lore unfriendly that it's idiotic, it's like smaug falling in love with bilbo
>>
>>67319601
Fucking Del Taco. Nigga's talented, but he needs to learn to stick to a fucking project.

I want my PRII: Maelstrom you sonofabitch.
>>
Best Edit?
>>
File: 1387191712970.jpg (678 KB, 1468x1044) Image search: [Google]
1387191712970.jpg
678 KB, 1468x1044
>>67320439
The threads back when it first came out drew a similar comparison.
>>
>>67320523
Seconding for interest
>>
>>67319601
>its Del Toros fault really for running off at the last second.

Yea this is some bullshit. The studio WANTED him off the project so they stalled and pulled funding and fucked with him until it became clear he was gonna waste his career on a movie that was never gonna get made. PJ came back even though he's no big fan of the Hobbit because he knew the movie wasn't gonna get made unless someone with his clout stepped in and got it done.

It's just typical Hollywood exec bullshit, they wanted another LotR so they fucked with the filmmaker until he left and they got the same guy who made LotR to come in and half ass it. It makes a ton of money and everyone wins except for the people who give a fuck about quality.
>>
>>67319442

Jews
>>
Sounds like all this bullshit would make a good movie
>>
>>67320833
>>67320523
The 4 hour edit is supposed to be good, 1080p as well. Search for maple films hobbit
>>
>>67319575
Him dying is the first 5 minutes was meant to be a "plot twist"
>>
File: frOo8Ky.jpg (102 KB, 759x508) Image search: [Google]
frOo8Ky.jpg
102 KB, 759x508
>when the first movie was announced I was already getting hype as fuck for the final battle
>dis gon b gud
>mfw it wasn't
>mfw watching each of the movies and seeing them get progressively worse
>that "battle"
>>
File: 1384085310105.jpg (44 KB, 400x539) Image search: [Google]
1384085310105.jpg
44 KB, 400x539
>Go north. Find the Dunedain. There’s a young ranger amongst them. You should meet him. His father Arathorn was a good friend. His son might grow to be a great one. He is known in the wild as Strider. His true name... you must discover for yourself. Legolas! Your mother loved you.
>>
File: 1407704431745.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1407704431745.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>beorn fucking everyone's shit up at the battle of 5 armies was arguably the most anticipated moment from the book besides riddles in the dark and maybe two or three others
>sit through 9 hours of horrible fanfic
>finally the moment comes, maybe this will finally get good
>ridiculous airdrop
>he's fucking gone, this is it
>now back to the alfrid show

there are no words
>>
>>67321252
why stop at movie when you can make TRILOGIE$$$$$
>>
>>67322138
That was so cringe inducing, holy shit. Fucking Hackson.
>>
>>67320523

Tolkien Edit is damn good. took me almost to Smaug's intro to realize how much had been cut
>>
CGI and sloth happened.
>>
>Watch music video for Last Goodbye
>has scenes from original trilogy and Hobbit
>LotR look amazing, all the good shots are there
>hobbit scenes are CGI bloom ridden abominations

terrible idea using both trilogies for the video
>>
>>67319575
revenue
>>
>>67321123
Fucking KIKES
>>
>>67319442
They thought making it like LOTR would be the safer choice from a commercial perspective, despite the fact that the book is completely different in tone and style from LOTR.
>>
>>67319988
To be fair, "Never actually get any reason to care about most of the dwarfs" is at least pretty loyal to the books.
>>
>>67319919
why the fuck did he agree to that?

he ruined his legacy
>>
I hated all of these films but I really did enjoy the extended scene between Bilbo and Smaug. IT was tense, had interesting dialogue, and was actually shot well with decent CGI compared to the rest of this shit. That's hardly worth the wasted time watching the rest of it but I think that scene proves Jackson at least sort of still knows what he's doing.
>>
>>67319442

First movie was decent and almost Fellowship of the Ring levels of comfy, loved the OST too, especially when the dwarves started singing around Bilbo's fire....Then the sequels happened.

Old Town, what the fuck where they thinking?
>>
Not enough preparing/pre-production.

And they split it into three movies.
>>
>>67322138
>and she was a good friend
>>
>>67320439
>it's like smaug falling in love with bilbo

this was a DA OTP for a few months
>>
Remember when the Misty Mountains theme was a motif throughout the first movie's soundtrack?

And then the melody isn't played fucking once in the other two movies?

Good job, Howard.
>>
>>67327431
The music in An Unexpected Journey is great. What the fuck happened with the other two?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.