[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Over-achieving shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 960.jpg (80 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
80 KB, 960x540
ITT: Over-achieving shows
>>
*BURPPPP*

Morty, morty its reddit
>>
>The Taken reference in the latest episode

Jesus that was dated. Although considering how long they take to make seasons I'm not surprised to be honest
>>
>>67319351
Taken 3 just came out, dont be a nerd!
>>
>>67319351
Sometimes the old references work pretty well because they havent been used in a while. Unless its a show that constantly spits out one reference after another that is.
>>
that finale was pretty bad

all that buildup for that? and we probably have to wait 2+ fucking years for the next season

bravo doc
>>
>>67319351
Both Taken and Saw. I think it was the point of sorts, to utilize references already tired to see if they could get away with it.
>>
8 fucking episodes...
>>
>>67319562
yup. They just forgot about Hank's new gf, Billy, Gargantua 2, Sgt. Hatred, etc.
>>
>>67319620
Saw is old enough to fit in with VB's references, and because it was more than just a reference, it was a parody. Just dropping the Taken monologue isn't really comedy.
>>
why have the last two seasons been so short?
they've had 3 fucking years of production on each of them?
>>
>>67323582
Adult swim doesnt have the money that FOX animation has, so they have to work real jobs on the side
>>
Show has been on the air from 2003-2016.
Over 13 years.
Only 6 seasons.
More than half of the years it has been airing have been off season. wft?
>>
>>67323751
>He thinks Adult Swim has money >>67323577
They ran out of episodes
>>
File: 1349795871576.jpg (365 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1349795871576.jpg
365 KB, 1280x1024
>>
>>67319212
HOLY ShIT THE NEW SEASON IS OUT

Best news of the week, I didn't want to use torrents on this computer but the Ventures trump that shit,

Thanks anon
>>
File: as.jpg (16 KB, 410x302) Image search: [Google]
as.jpg
16 KB, 410x302
FUCK GOOD SHOWS, WE NEED MORE FAMILY GUY AND AMERICAN DAD RERUNS ASAP
>>
>>67323926
They don't have to spend money to make those shows and they pull ratings which they invest in things like Rick and Morty and Venture Bros.
>>
>>67323751
How is the in-universe timeline working? The Monarch, Brock, Dr. Girlfriend should all be in their 50s by now.
>>
>>67324006
Venture bros gets virtually no ratings or dvd sales. Its a charity at this point
>>
>>67323926
those reruns are needed time fillers for adult swim.
they bring in easy ratings from casual viewers (aka plebs) and save them from cramming more programming they either can't afford or ware down their already rerun original programming.
>>
>>67319562
I read an interview where they said they wrote themselves into a corner and that they couldn't fit the stories into the episodes allotted

Basically the real finale won't be till next season
>>
>>67323926
I can't believe whenever I check back to AS and not only it is the same lineup of shows, it's the exact same few batches of episodes as it was when I quit watching regularly in 2010.
>>
>>67324191
Only about 2 years have past. Some retcons have been made to Rusty and friends' ages though as real life has gone on. Originally he was in his forties, now he's considered to be in his mid fifties. This would mean Brock is pushing fifty at the youngest, since he was in college with Rusty. Dr. Girlfriend is a little more up in the air but she's early forties at the youngest. We don't know exactly how old Rusty and Monarch were when they applied for college, didn't have to be 18, so Brock and Dr. Girlfirend could still be younger.
>>
>>67324191
>How is the in-universe timeline working?

In universe it's only been like 1-3 years.
>>
>>67323814
Should have ended after the Dark Tournament. Chapter Black was good because it had new ideas early on, then the final villain shows up and it becomes DBZ style "GET STRONGER YUSUKE". Three Kings was pure awful and unremarkable.
>>
>>67324006
its too bad adult swim doesn't have that much money.
its owned by Turner, a corporate conglomerate and airs much superior shows then any of the crap on the sister networks like TBS or TNT.
All of their budget must go to Conan lol.
>>
>>67324421
I think he's implying that Rusty's childhood being tied to the 60's makes him, and by extension anyone he knew from childhood to early adulthood, ten years older than what their original ages were intended to be.
>>
File: 1444180889530.jpg (14 KB, 294x273) Image search: [Google]
1444180889530.jpg
14 KB, 294x273
>>67324350
how bout that
>>
>>67324551

There's no reason they are in the current year though right? I don't know.
>>
>>67324451
>Literally thinks Turner would pour money into adult swim when they get back so little

Fucking learn something
>>
>>67324444
fuck off, it was great
>>
>>67324658
They have made mention of the current year in previous seasons, so it has jumped around before. Don't think they did so in this one, though they did make references to people and events that you'd only really know by being around in 2012 or later.
>>
>>67324551
Yeah, I mean even some of the relatively younger members of the main cast have been shown as being fully grown adults in the early to mid 80s.
>>
>>67324710
mate, when i watch adult swim the commercials are things from my city, if there's even commercials at all and not just AS bumpers
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.