[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jurassic World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: how the hell.jpg (53 KB, 442x594) Image search: [Google]
how the hell.jpg
53 KB, 442x594
I know I'm late to the party, but who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give this guy a fucking Jurassic Park movie? And why am I seeing his name as a writer and director of Star Wars episode IX?
>>
Jurassic World was horrible. I loved all the other Jurassic movies but JW was a huge disappointment to me.
>>
>>67317898
You wouldn't guess it to look at him, but Collin gives the best blowjobs in Hollywood. I know it's hard to believe, but the word I use is exquisite.
>>
>>67319452
It's the table bath that primes the mood I think. And I'll admit, I was skeptical of the kimono, it wasn't flattering, but he was a consummate professional.
>>
>>67317898
SMILE THO YOUR HEART IS ACHING
>>
Episode IX will be the REturn of the Jedi of the new trilogy. That is for sure.

The only question is, can Johnson make VIII the Empire Strikes Back?
>>
>>67319592
For me it was the ball work and the prostate massage. Say what you will of his narrative prowess, but the man knows his way around a scrotum and anus.
>>
>>67319699
He is a seasoned veteran and a snappy dresser.
>>
The directors honestly are getting worse with each installment.
>Start with Jew Jew, an extremely prolific and accomplished director with a hefty catalogue of winning TV pilots and large-scale blockbusters under his belt
>Move to Rian Johnson, who, while competent and with a good cinematic sense, is more of a meme director than an actual pro since he did some Breaking Bad episodes.
>And then Trevorrow, who did very bad movie "Safety Not Guaranteed" followed by weak blockbuster "Jurassic World" which made plenty of money, but also completely flew in the face of its franchise stylistically.

This doesn't bode well. Abrams should have stayed for all of them. He's the only one who I'm truly convinced knew what he was doing in directing new Star Wars. Guy even researched Kurosawa going in.
>>
>>67319893

Lmao you're so wrong about JJ Abrams

he's a glorified journeyman director. his aesthetic is still pure tv, the way he frames, how he comes up with the compositions, his sense of pacing etc. all screams tv.
>>
it might take a decade but i hope soon people see jurassic world for what its it: the first successful post modern action film

i know it sounds like a meme but when i came out of that theater i felt like i had watched 8 1/2 again
i can't believe nobody else sees how intentionally subversive and mocking this film is not just in a narrative sense but in a truly post modern sense including its brand, its actors, and its effects.

i really wish he wasn't doing star wars though because if he pulls that shit with a franchise i care about i'd be really hurt
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 225x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 225x240
>>67320364
>>
>>67320364
Wow, I just liked it because the aunt looked so hot
>>
File: disniggasaurus.jpg (22 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
disniggasaurus.jpg
22 KB, 650x366
>>67320364
>jurassic world
>postmodern masterpiece
>from the writers of the relic, planet of the apes, and 'look how quirky i am' starring that goth chick from parks & rec and the ugly guy from the league
>>
>>67320776
never said masterpiece i just think its effective in a way i wasn't expecting at all
>>
>>67320814
It's not subversive if they out-right state the intentions of the investors and tie it directly into parkgoers' need for entertainment. That's just unsubtle allegory any high school freshman can write.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.