[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this series stay good till the end? I quit watching the last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: hp48.jpg (75 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
hp48.jpg
75 KB, 960x540
Did this series stay good till the end? I quit watching the last couple of films.
>>
>>67317382
Depends on what you thought was good from the 5th/6th one
>>
>>67317382
/lit/ reject copypasta incoming
>>
>>67317382
>>67317414
I have a masters in literature (I teach, fuck you) and I absolutely love Harry Potter.
>>
>>67317382
The films fail to capture the magic of being on a magical school altogether, hence they're shit.
>>
>>67317634
Pleb opinion

>>67317382
Op they fantastic. 5 and 7 are massively underrated, people get offended over dark magic and witchcraft being dark
>>
File: 1458619879229.jpg (1 MB, 1648x2881) Image search: [Google]
1458619879229.jpg
1 MB, 1648x2881
Not at all mate, it kept the track of one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises throughout all 7 movies. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.
>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"Not at all!" I have shout
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
There are 22 capeshit threads up

And people here hate on harry potter...mindboggling they are fine films.

People here are literally hivemind underage maggots, dont expect anything except unironically shitting on harry potter a series whos success capeshit tried to emulate but completely pales in comparison
>>
>>67317382
>lost couple of films
Thats really specifik
>>
>>67317634
this doesn't really make any sense, the first 2 films did a good job with hogwarts' presentation
>>
>>67317870
There is no difference between Harry Potter capeshit and The Hunger Games

If you really want to get into it then these aren't fucking films either, they're were commercials just like capeshit
>>
>>67317913
last*
>>
Philosopher's was alright.
Chamber was shit.
Azkaban was quite good.
Goblet was alright.
The rest are a gradual decline into shit worse than Chamber.

>>67317870
>Being this salty that some people dislike a thing you like

Have fun with that.
>>
>>67317939
>muh opinion is truth
You're wrong though, the quality is noticeable. Stop being a faglord. Those involved with harry potter have more talent than all of capeshit and hunger games combined. The filmmaking, acting, soundtrack, effects, set design, production is all superior. You can stop memeing just because you dont like something.
>>
>>67317382
6th was shit but I liked 7th part 1 and 2.
>>
>>67318031
>Someone has a different opinion to me
>They're just memeing!

Look we get it these films were a part of your ongoing childhood you can shut the fuck up about it any time now.
>>
File: art.jpg (343 KB, 1100x492) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
343 KB, 1100x492
>>67318031
You know nothing about film making or art

Do no project as much to your superiors child of imdb
>>
>>67317978
>Chamber was shit
Opinion discarded

>being salty that some people dislike a thing you like
Nope its literally all memes here, people love the hp movies you all are a bunch of tryhards
>>
>>67318086
This bait, for real that movie was shit. Harry potter does the dystopian Brazil thing better than the hunger games and its literally about wizards
>>
>>67317748
>trying to sneak in Rand

absolute garbage
>>
>>67317382
becauth I haf sumfin wurth livfin for
>>
>>67318145
>not seeing the parallels between lawrence (the director) and surgy
>not seeing the struggle of 20 bags of heroins character and julian moore emulating tarkovsky and irma

I'm not trying to be rude but you are a fucking pleb my friend
>>
>>67317748
Holy shit this pasta is made from different critics' opinions on Harry Potter, and the last paragraph is from 2003
>>
>>67317435
No, you don't. Sorry, shitposter.
>>
Harry Potter 1-4 - 5/5
Harry Potter 5-7 - UNO/FARTO
>>
>>67318092
>If a lot of people like something then no-one can dislike it or they're hipsters

You're a fucking idiot. Ice-cream is universally loved. Some people still don't like it. That's perfectly fine. Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>67317748
I'm pretty sure this is the best bait ever conceived, it never fails to reap a handful of (you)'s.
>>
>>67318371
This, except switch goblet of fire and half blood prince.
Fuck goblet of fire. Only good part of that was barty crouch junior, and the scene where harry returns with dead cedric and his dad comes running.
>>
I didnt like films 3-8 very much. The newer director didn't quite get that we wanted a magical school and started to dress the kids up like muggle children all the time.
>>
>>67318371
>Harry Potter 1-4 - 5/5
Wrong
They're all unofarto tier except for the third(3rd) which was just half a step above them.
>>
>>67318439
But Half Blood was even worse, they skipped a lot of important things that were in the book to make space for high school romance.
>>
>>67318439
4 is my favorite one. I don't care how close it is to the books. I read the first four when I was a little shit and on the fifth one I gave up so I don't remember anything bout the books but the fourth one as a movie felt the most different from the first 3 and it had a nice tone and banter and visual design
>>
>>67318465
Stop regurgitating memes and opinions you've seen other retards shout
Columbus is a hack studio puppet
>>
>>67318465
Those were 3 different directors and 3 is goat

>>67318281
Dude those movies are completely and I mean it completely worthless trash..
>>
>>67318530
Funny as I had this opinion when I went to go watch 3 in the cinema, about 5 years before I knew 4chan even fucking existed

3 was a mess, the pacing was all wrong and the clothes were all wrong, it was also the beginning of the end of quidditch
>>
>>67318596
They wear their school clothes, loads of times in 3,4,5 and 6. I mean a vast majority of the time. You're just triggered out your asshole.

>pacing was wrong
Wow
>>
>>67318570
>Dude those movies are completely and I mean it completely worthless trash..
You don't know a thing about film and you're just proving it. Also I'm only talking about 3 Part 1 not the others
>>
>>67318656
Lol Hermoine was wearing a pink hoody for most of the film
>>
>>67318687
Listen I've watched the films a lot, they wear their uniforms plenty plenty often in 3,4,5 and 6. They dont when they aren't in class, their normal school schedule
>>
>>67318792
*do during their normal school schedule
>>
>>67318792
which is dumb as Ron shouldn't even understand how to dress in muggle clothes
>>
File: mhm.jpg (10 KB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
mhm.jpg
10 KB, 300x196
>>67318842
The weasleys wear normal clothes in the first two films.....

This just in the movies don't have to be like the books
>>
>>67317382
Emma was hot in all of them, so there's that
>>
Fuck all of you, Goblet of Fire has an amazing 3rd act. Voldemort's resurrection was crazy.
>>
>>67319241
I did. I liked that for sure. I didn't enjoy the third task originally bc of all the changes but the aesthetic actually fit it really well. 2nd task was good too.

3>2>5>7>4>1>6>8
>>
>>67319419
Also the music was good especially during the priori incantatem
>>
>>67319419
nice to see 1 not being so overrated. It's good but the others are just better.
>>
>>67319565
Its well done for sure and a great adaptation but the others have more to offer. I actually like hbp too but its considered a weak adaptation, the climax of that was well done tho and I thought it was shot nicely.
>>
>>67317435
Thready bullshitter detected
>>
>>67319650
The book was pretty weak too though.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.