[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any movies/films/kinos settled in the 1700's-1800's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (33 KB, 331x445) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
33 KB, 331x445
are there any movies/films/kinos settled in the 1700's-1800's about:
>a common family drama
>no kings or royalty involved
>decent script
>good shots
?
>>
why would you want to watch that sounds boring
>>
>>67316697
actually, I find movies about kingdoms and royalty in general pretty damn boring

that's for a small research in architecture college by the way, we have to find such scenarios (regular 1700-1800's houses) and their inhabitants recreated in cinema or other media
>>
>>67316665
Barry Lyndon
>>
Amadeus involves some royalty and all characters are upper class, but its not about kings explicitly
>>
>>67316924
your studies sound boring
>>
The Last of the Mohicans (which is about the French and Indian war)
>>
>>67317468
>>67317592
>>67317539
thank you!
>>
>>67316665
Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, etc.
>>
Tous les Matins du Monde
>>
>>67316665
Technically, basically all the people who had it good back then (for the time) were royalty. Just not kings.
>>
Men go to Battle
>>
>>67316665
the witch
>>
Les Misérables
>>
The Duellists

You'll have tough time finding any "common family drama" since there is no real reason to make common drama with historical props and sets (as in no monetary reason)
>>
File: download.png (1 MB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1 MB, 800x1200
>>67316665
The Draughtman's Contract. Although technically its set in 1694 and focuses on upper class people.
>>
>>67316665
I'd like to see a show that realistically depicts medieval peasantry

>OI ME BODY IS RIDDLED WIF PARASITES IT IS
>ME DAUGHTER IS BEING A WEE BIT MOODY SHE MUST BE A WITCH...BETTAH BURN IT OUT OF HER ROIT QUICK SAYS THE BISHOP
>OI OI I NEVER THOUGHT I'D LIVE TO SEE 50
>OI LUV THROW SUMMORE SHITE ON THE FIRE
>>
>>67319994
>Greenaway

Checking this out
>>
Belle? though it's not really a common family drama.
>>
Amazing Grace, I suppose?
>>
I don't know of any family dramas but

The Duchess
The Scarlet Pimpernel (Leslie Howard film or 1982 TV version with Jane Seymour)
The Lady and the Duke
La nuit de Varennes (kiiiiiind of involves royalty but peripherally)
Danton
Dangerous Liasons
Quills
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.