[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who finds the whole idea of MCU utterly retarded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6
File: a_fucking_mess.jpg (293 KB, 842x1191) Image search: [Google]
a_fucking_mess.jpg
293 KB, 842x1191
Am I the only one who finds the whole idea of MCU utterly retarded? Imagine how great these movies could've gotten separately, each with own characters and unique mythology. Instead the writers are forced to homogenize each story to fit this generic 'universe', just so drooling faggots can cum all over themselves because they get to see their favourite toys together on screen
>>
>>67315913
Yes just you.
>>
>>67315913
no, you're not.

I hate this "cinematic universe" thing
>>
>>67315913
Yes OP you are a special shitflake with a contrarian opinion
>>
>>67315913
Cinematic universes were a mistake, not cuz marvel, cuz the retarded shit it started like ghostbusters and the sony cinematic universe
>>
>>67315913
Agreed
>>
>>67316129
Just because its popular
>>
>>67316129
>>67316165
>Over 9 Billion in box office revenue says otherwise
>>
>>67316163
What are you going on about?
>>
>>67316220
money =/= quality
>>
It's not like cinematic universes are anything new. Tarantino had been doing it for awhile.
>>
>>67316237
We're not talking about quality.. The OP mentioned retardedness (Not a real word).
>>
>>67316283
funny thing, you talk like a retarded
>>
>>67316305
Your retardet!
>>
>>67316305
Nice m8. Go to bed now.
>>
>>67316305
You talk like a cow.
>>
>>67315913
My autism would make me fucking explode if they had like a million versions of the same characters in every movie.
>>
>>67316228
Sony is gonna make a cinematic universe connecting men in black and 22 jump street and a ghostbusters cinematic universe
>>
Actual comic fans have been waiting for this for decades and it hasn't disappointed.
>>
>>67316391
>same characters
Why do this at all? Make it into completely unrelated franchises that go into wildly different directions.
>>
>>67315913
>Not liking a shared universe
you obviously don't read the comics
>>
>>67315913
>waaah! i want to be part of the hype for this movie but i can't because i didn't watch the others

So just watch the others, retard.
>>
I liked it.

The individual comics and stories that these characters have were great, and some of the best moments were when other heroes made an appearance.

The idea translates pretty well into the movies as qell, but it's executed poorly when the filmmakers can't get power levels right.

>cap has been shown to have great strength, speed, and agility, able to handle waves of human soldiers and alien enemies, yet still gets kicked around by the occasional random soldier guy

>iron man 1 showed he can brush off a direct hit from a tank and fly faster than jets, yet in 3 his main armor is shown malfunctioning and falling apart constantly, getting busted up by a truck hitting it

>Thor can summon lightning, bash just about anything with mjolnir, fight an evil powerful being wielding an infinity stone, but he can't subdue his trickster wimpy bro in a 1v1 or crush down iron man in 1v1

>Hulk is known for being the strongest character by a long shot, but let's be honest, the movies are all about banner as a character, and they need to keep finding ways for something to be a match up with Hulk.

Let's not forget BW or Hawkeye or falcon or antman. These three characters are basic humans with exceptional abilities, but they still have every weakness and limitation of a human in combat. So I find it really hard to imagine them having any place in a fight against eachother (let alone thanos ).

I like the interweaving stories the MCU is putting together, but the execution could use a lot of work when these characters actually come together and share the big screen (any of you guys remember Thors role in AoU? Neither do i)
>>
>>67315913
why is there a spider on caps dick?
>>
>>67315913
i thought it was genious
>>
>>67316542
that's exactly what these studios want you to do, good work goyim
>>
>>67315913
>tom holland gets top billing over paul rudd
J U S T
>>
>>67316659
It's like you don't understand what a sequel is. If you're mad about not wanting to see the new one if you didn't care about the first 12, why bother? You're the jewish whatever for wanting to see this one in the first place.
>>
File: 1457749770736.png (150 KB, 323x214) Image search: [Google]
1457749770736.png
150 KB, 323x214
>>67316713
>If you're mad about not wanting to see the new one if you didn't care about the first 12, why bother?
1/10
almost got me
>>
>>67316479
Because they interact so much in the comics. Anyways, I like how you have crossovers and get to see how different characters react to being in different scenarios which can impact everything.
>>
>>67315913
why are fan art posters of capeshit so much better than official?
>>
>>67316762
>wants to see the dark knight rises
>complains that 2 other movies in the trilogy exist
>>
>>67316776

The OP isn't that great. Spiderman should be in the middle in the backround
>>
>>67315913
>Am I the only one
fuck off special snowflake, you will never be the first to think of anything you generic piece of shit theres nothing unique or special about you
>>
>>67316947
>>67316143
Its a common expression, autists, you aren't meant to take it literally. Calm your bootyholes.
>>
>>67316576
>cap has been shown to have great strength, speed, and agility, able to handle waves of human soldiers and alien enemies, yet still gets kicked around by the occasional random soldier guy
This is the only one I chop up to writing. There needs to be a sense of danger with him but ultimately they haven't utilized it correctly when it comes to when he should be in danger. So he ends up being in dangerous situations fighting grunts at times.

>iron man 1 showed he can brush off a direct hit from a tank and fly faster than jets, yet in 3 his main armor is shown malfunctioning and falling apart constantly, getting busted up by a truck hitting it
That was when he was working on his prototype Ironman suit, it was shown to be unstable. Not to mention the fact that the whole movie is about Tony dealing with PTSD and how he just kept tinkering with more and more variations of the suit. It made most of his suits trash. He was back at full strength during Ultron.

>Thor can summon lightning, bash just about anything with mjolnir, fight an evil powerful being wielding an infinity stone, but he can't subdue his trickster wimpy bro in a 1v1 or crush down iron man in 1v1
Thor isn't the smartest of the bunch, he is a great warrior indeed but he has nothing on Loki when it comes to deception and using dirty tricks to get the upper hand. Also, Loki is as tall as Thor and is an Asgardian, he definitely can be as strong as Thor.

>Hulk is known for being the strongest character by a long shot, but let's be honest, the movies are all about banner as a character, and they need to keep finding ways for something to be a match up with Hulk.
That's why there hasn't been a new Hulk movie and why in the MCU he has worked so well as a supporting character to help with the big threats.

Continued cause I'm bored...
>>
>>67317200

>Let's not forget BW or Hawkeye or falcon or antman.

Ant-Man is incredibly powerful and versatile, and if his new Helmet is any indication. Giant-Man is other persona, will be really powerful for team-ups and crossover movies. As we saw in the big team-up movies like the two Avengers. Black Widow and Hawkeye take a backseat when it comes to dealing with the main threat, and are mostly used as long range fighters and to provide support. Only case has been Black Widow but that's because Whedon has a hard on for strong female characters, but given how she was treated in Winter Soldier I think the Russos will know how to utilize her powers. Falcon is the only one where I'm honestly just meh about him, but that's because maybe he hasn't had his time to develop and really see what he can do.
>>
>>67316576
>power levels
stop being autistic
>>
>>67317246

Not a single curse word, name call, or MCU defender statement in that post.

I like you anon. You can come over and fuck my sister.
>>
>>67317200
When did Cap really struggle agaibst grunts aside from Batroc, who doesn't count because he is a super villain.
>>
>>67315913
I actually think the opposite and wish that the X Men and Fant4stic were in the MCU.
>>
>>67315913
Your retarded. A shared universe was literally everything us Marvel fans were waiting for.

It's like comics but in movies! So cool.
>>
yes its fucking retarded. DUDE WITH BOW DUDE WITH SHIELD CHICK WITH PISTOL vs giant flying robots and shit that leap 5 miles and dudes with lazer beams and shit.

looks comical when you put them all together.
>>
the fact that a real human been is willing to fight supervillians that have no remorse for life and could potentially have any power they just haven't shown yet, and do so with no fear and in close quarters, is in fact retarded.
>>
>>67317381

In hand to hand he hasn't really struggle at fighting them, but for the most part its been grunts with guns giving him a hard time. People just draw focus on that scene in Avengers where he would have gotten killed falling from the Helicarrier if he didn't grab on to the cable and use that to see him as useless. Or the scene where he gets shot from Winter Soldier in the Helicarrier and he is struggles to put the data thing on.

I think Captain should just avoid Helicarriers.

>>67317423

They should just strike a deal with Fantastic Four. That way after Infinity Wars, we could have a more grounded and personal Secret Invasion storyline with the Skrulls. Have the Inhumans be a part of it and I'll be pleased.
>>
>>67315913
Its retarded because youre trying to make a kino out of what should be a netflix series
>>
>>67317534
>looks comical

Comic book movie.
>>
>>67316339
>tfw you will never play Monkey Island for the first time again
>>
>>67315913
I argue we kinda get both.
Look at Daredevil, it takes place in the MCU yet it's isolated and character driven & the only huge references are on newspapers or throw away lines.

>then again I'm biased, cuz DD comics get my dick hard
>>
>>67316576
You have to be 18 to post he...

The worst part is that you are over 18 and this shit appeals to you
>>
>>67318408

Go masturbate to fargo you absolute faggot.

The worst part is that you're over 18 and you feel the need to post on threads that you aren't interested in.
>>
Most of the MCU movies after Phase 1 wouldn't make any sense or even be worth watching if they didn't feature characters and settings already introduced in the MCU.

The only movies after Phase 1 that would have been improved by removing MCU references are Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man.
>>
>>67315913
They realized how stupid c.a mask is they decided to no included in the poster
good decision 2bh
>>
>>67316220
This is a terrible argument. The movies made $9 billion so nobody can dislike it? Come on, anon
>>
You can really tell when an anon is Facebook capeshit cancer when they post one of these fan-made movie posters because they think they look "cool" and "epic".
>>
There's nothing wrong with the idea itself, and it's probably the smartest way to handle a series of movies based on comic books. When Marvel first made the decision to do it, it was actually an ambitious, risky, unique, and original idea.

The fact that it's fixing to spread through mainstream hollywood like a plague bothers me though. Having a "cinematic universe" revolving around Star Wars makes absolutely no sense to me.
>>
>>67316191
grow up
>>
>>67316691
not a real poster familia
>>
>>67316440
has that happened yet?

thought no, shut the fuck up with your reddit tier news.
>>
>>67317534
>leap 5 miles

Hulk's not in this movie.
>>
>>67318408
What a sad existence you must live.
>>
>>67319611
No the movies made 9 billion dollars so the cinematic universe is a genius move, not a retarded one.

The OP wasn't asking about quality it was asking about the intelligence of an idea, so the amount of $$$ it made and the idea's popularity actually matter a lot in the discussion.
>>
redditors galore in here who get butthurt when someone calls capeshit, shit.

bwahaha

I watch capeshit and even I know it's severely declined over the last 3 years apart from Winter Soldier and Ant Man.

stop defending shit you stupid nigger cunts
>>
>>67319808
it's a shit idea get over it nerd

call of duty is a shit idea because every company tries to copy it now, still sells millions big woopdie.
>>
>>67315913
I like it
And while the movies in the MCU are slightly tonally different, I wish they did differentiate themselves from each other

That being said, it is fun watching people who watch the MCU movies jump to the Netflix shows and the sudden whiplash from going from slightly PG-13 action hero movies to Jon Bernthal lighting up an Irish gang meeting.
>>
>>67319664
I mean It's kinda pathetic talking shit about something because it works you know, like 14 year old highschool girls talking about a guy they both like.
>>
>>67317060
>Its a common expression
from reddit, which you should take back their you fucking ingrate
>>
>>67319865
Explain how a company making a metric shit ton of money is a bad idea from the company's point of view.

Also an fyi we call eachother faggots on this site faggot.
>>
>>67315913
The comics the movies are based on fundamentally have a shared world where everyone coexists. So no, you're wrong. If they were original movies with original characters I would agree but you're a pretentious idiot.
>>
>>67319865
>it's a shit idea get over it nerd
You have literally no room to criticize any one elses arguments. The fact of the matter is if it was a bad idea it wouldnt work, saying it was a good idea doesnt mean its high art.
>>
>>67315913
Fuck you, I like it.

Perhaps the individual films would have been better off without it. But to have a franchise with films on this level has never happened before. Whatever you like it or not the MCU has created cinematic history. And for that reason alone it's good.
>>
File: mcu.jpg (751 KB, 1842x2163) Image search: [Google]
mcu.jpg
751 KB, 1842x2163
I remember when superhero movies were something to look forward to, not just wrestling with one-liners and effects.
>>
File: IMG_4499.jpg (502 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4499.jpg
502 KB, 1600x1200
ITT
>>
>>67320679
>avengers and civil war are the same movie
Are you retarded? Like genuinely fucking retarded or are you just ignorant? Read a fucking comic or don't talk about it until you see the actual movie you autist.
>>
>>67320805
It's bait.
>>
>>67320805
Doesn't matter if Hogan is the good guy or the bad guy, it's still wrestling
>>
>>67320836
When it comes to people talking about capeshit it's as hard to tell a genuinely retarded opinion from bait as it is to tell feminazi shit from satire.
>>
>>67316576
Not even the comics themselves get power levels right.
>>
>>67320939
>hurr durr if something is in the same franchise or even genre it's the same movie
>>
>>67320805
>Read a fucking comic
DROPPED
>>
>>67321307
>"I know nothing about the source material but let me tell you about this unreleased movie"
>>
>All these nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrds claiming these movies aren't generic shit with little relation to the source material

fuck off
>>
The Marvel Studios fandom is full of generic cunts who try to seem quirky and unique by identifying heavily with a slightly offbeat fandom such as the Marvel Cinematic Universe "But wait, that's actually incredibly mainstream and not offbeat at all!" you say. And you're right. But actual offbeat things don't give as much 'nerd' cred, and these things have more creative value than reality TV so people on Tumblr can make posts such as "Why are all girls nowadays such idiots who watch Jersey Shore? I'm very unique because I like nerdy intelligent stuff like Iron Man 3, and I like quirky men like Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo teehee, look at this repeating gif of 0.5 seconds of Loki doing a thing with his face and a theory about how all the Marvel movies are connected and Thanos is going to collect all the Infinity Gems except in the movies none of them are really "gems" at all and here is some fanart of all the Avengers gender swapped and with less sexist costumes and they all have the exact same fucking face with that bulbous red nose also did you know that I am a girl who likes superheroes I know it's hard to believe but it is true I AM AN AVENGERS look at this gif of Tony Stark raising his eyebrow, anyway The Avengers is sexist because Black Widow's costume is too tight and unrealistic for a special agent so here is a redesign of her in figure hiding combat fatigues because I am progressive. Does anyone else think that Hulk and Iron Man would make a good couple? TEE HEE I LOVE GAYS BECAUSE I AM SO TOTALLY NOT HOMOPHOBIC EVEN THOUGH I TREAT GAYS AS AN AMUSING NOVELTY Rocket Racoon for president!"
>>
>>67321389
>same characters
>same places
>same story arcs
>not related
Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>67321534
Source material, you fucking retard

Ironman films are nothing like the comics
>>
>>67315913
>Spiderman on the left
uh spoilers
>>
File: 1454355867099.gif (970 KB, 273x199) Image search: [Google]
1454355867099.gif
970 KB, 273x199
>>67320805
>read a fucking comic... you autist

The irony is stunning.
>>
>>67315913
the exact point of a mythology is that characters intertwine, this is the only redeeming quality of capeshit, you're not only wrong but utterly retarded
>>
File: 1456949880572.jpg (291 KB, 1600x988) Image search: [Google]
1456949880572.jpg
291 KB, 1600x988
>>67321431
Good Post, anon. It's funny because it's true.

Actually it's pretty damn sad.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.