[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If nothing else, can we at least agree that the first hour of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
If nothing else, can we at least agree that the first hour of this movie is 10/10?

Everything up until Superman and Lois meet Zod is pure gold and goes beyond the usual standards for capeshit.
>>
>>67313343
pleb detected
>>
Should I give this a watch before seeing BvS

It really only has my interest because I liked dark knight returns
>>
Is him letting his father figure die over a dog, just cause he won't reveal himself infront of like 30 people, which he does anyway in front of similar crowds willy nilly anyway in the first hour of the movie? Cause if so, I can't say the first hour is good.
>>
File: 1458522084475.jpg (127 KB, 998x1500) Image search: [Google]
1458522084475.jpg
127 KB, 998x1500
>>67313331
>>67313331

why do you need to have your opinions validated by /tv/? if you like the film, great. just shut the fuck up about it and stop posting about it CONSTANTLY
>>
>>67313376
I don't post about it CONSTANTLY.

Did you forget that /tv/ doesn't consist of just you and one other person?
>>
>>67313331
>capeshit
>10/10

Fuck off >>>/v/
>>
nah it was shit before that too, capecuck.
>>
>>67313363
>which he does anyway in front of similar crowds willy nilly
You mean later in the movie, once he's close to the end of his character arc? Remember, character arcs are a thing. Characters tend to change over the course of their stories.
>>
>>67313331
No. I don't remember exactly but didn't he find the alien ship, find out his real name, find the suit and become "Superman" in a span of like 5 minutes?
>>
>>67313331
You would struggle to find many flaws with this film outside the obvious two that are always memed here
>>
File: l'homme-de-fer.jpg (434 KB, 1395x969) Image search: [Google]
l'homme-de-fer.jpg
434 KB, 1395x969
>>
This movie was shitty.
>>
File: Watchmen.jpg (37 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen.jpg
37 KB, 1024x768
>>67313376
>look at my boobs and not my cracking face
remember her ass in those amelia earhart pants on night at the smithsonian
that was nice
>>
>>67313439
Nope, earlier. There are plenty of reveals, small and big, scattered throughout the first half too. And even if that wasn't the case, you can't really justify someone dying over a dog and refusing to be saved. It's one of those glaring things that stick with you throughout a movie, no matter how good it may be, and drags the overall score down a fuckload
>>
>>67313439
It wasn't before his character arc. He was still hiding before he became Superman
>>
>>67313460
That happens in literally every Superman origin story ever.

Superman goes to the Fortress of Solitude(which is the alien ship in this movie) and that's where he finds out the truth about his heritage(i.e. finding out his real name, learning about Krypton, and getting his suit).

The stuff that takes time in a Superman origin story are Clark being raised in Kansas, struggling with an identity crisis, finding clues about who he really is, figuring out how to get to where he needs to go, etc. That stuff does take time in Man of Steel.

>>67313532
>>67313533
Oh, so you're talking about him sacrificing his secrecy to help people a few times, his dad telling him why he needs to stop, Clark feeling conflicted and then trying to do what his dad says, which ultimately leads to his death? That's not a plot hole. That's called "character development".
>>
>>67313526
Her ass was amazing in Man of Steel too.

After they left Zod's ship, there's a slow shot of Superman carrying Lois down to the ground and her ass is so powerful that it's literally defying gravity to stay perky.
>>
>>67313376
I don't get posters like you. That's what this board is for
>>
>>67313331
The entire movie is 10/10, why would you pussy out OP?
>>
>>67313632
You can call it character development or a plot hole or whatever you want. Again, it's stupid. It's not realistic, and it sours the rest of the movie.
>>
Irredeemable filth -- it takes a Christopher Nolan to have Superman's earthly father suggest that young Clark Kent should let a schoolbus full of kids drown rather than reveal his superpowers, but it takes a Zack Snyder to encase General Zod inside a fullbody metallic dildo before sending him into the Phantom Zone. And it takes both of them to grossly exploit 9/11 imagery with all those collapsing skyscrapers. Cinemalets please keep to your twitter memeing and pretending VA understanding
>>
>>67313757
>You can call it character development or a plot hole or whatever you want.
Except if you call it a plot hole, then you're wrong.

>It's not realistic
Only if you hadn't been paying attention to the movie up until that point.

>it sours the rest of the movie.
How does it have any effect on the quality of the rest of the movie? Can you explain any of these points or are you just lashing out because you can't stand seeing somebody appreciate a movie that you hate?
>>
>>67313331
>If nothing else, can we at least agree that the first hour of this movie is 10/10?
No, fuck you and fuck your daily threads about this flaming turd. Stop bargaining like a fucking alcoholic, you obsessive-compulsive retard.
>>
>>67313918
see
>>67313395
>>
>>67313909
>How does it have any effect on the quality of the rest of the movie? Can you explain any of these points or are you just lashing out because you can't stand seeing somebody appreciate a movie that you hate?
Why, so you can pretend it never happened tomorrow? You're not wearing people down with your OCD, the movie will remain as bad as it is 5-ever.
>>
>>67313483
STOP
>>
>>67313951
So I can pretend what never happened tomorrow? The movie? Why would I want to pretend it didn't happen? If anything, it seems like you're the one who would want to forget the movie since you hate it so much.

Nothing you're saying makes any sense. Just stop and think before you type.
>>
I can't even tell anymore whether posts like OP's are just no-effort bait or we really have this many braindead teenagers here.
>>
>>67313331

it was really flawed but i liked it more than most of the marvel flicks
>>
DCucks on suicide watch
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.