[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jacob's Ladder Remake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/jacobs-ladder/253944/jacob-s-ladder-reboot-casts-michael-ealy

>The Jacob’s Ladder remake will star Michael Ealy from Almost Human as the title character Jacob Singer. Jacob’s Ladder is being directed by David Rosenthal. It will be written by Alison Rosenzweig and Jeff Buhler.

JUST
>>
oh great, everything will be fucking teal
>>
Why?
>>
How do you think they're gonna deal with the "It was all a dream" ending? It's so cliched now that they won't do it. I think they're just gonna follow with the demons or drugs stuff and give a half assed, "is it real?" ending.
>>
>>67312475
the nice part about the dream ending in this movie in particular is it still doesn't resolve anything. if all the events of the movie take place in his mind, while his body is lying in that field hospital in vietnam, what about all the drug experiment stuff? if that really happened, how would his subconcious know about it and tell him that in his own 'dream?' what if that wasn't even true?
>>
That's stupid. The original was great. No need to ruin its legacy with a shitty remake.
>>
>>67312475
eh, i know it's a type of "it was all a dream," but there is a slight deviation from that trope in that the character is facing a trial of judgement in something like purgatory (except in catholic teaching all whom are in a state of purgatory are saved, whereas jacob's ladder makes it seem like a test of repentance that one either passes or remains damned forever)
>>
>>67312661
>the character is facing a trial of judgement in something like purgatory
This
>>
File: 1390521687472.png (347 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1390521687472.png
347 KB, 600x600
>>67312371

Why? This serves no purpose, who the fuck wants see this?

Did a group of people go "WE DEMAND JACOB'S LADDER REBOOT".

This is starting to be really damn shameless.
>>
Finally a black Jacob. I always wondered when Hollywood would correct this.
>>
>>67312371
>black lead
Of course.
>>
No. Nooo, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO

LEAVE MY MOVIES ALONE

STOP REMAKING EVERYTHING

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>67312548
His mind tried to connect some dots and made up this story.
Nothing was real.
>>
>Rosenthal
>Rosenzweig

Shekels Ahoy!
>>
>>67312371
>Jermains ladder
>>
File: 1456647439364.jpg (119 KB, 695x642) Image search: [Google]
1456647439364.jpg
119 KB, 695x642
>>67312371

fucking Hollywood jews ruin everything
>>
>David Rosenthal
>Rosenzweig
>>
>>67312371
Jacob's Ladder was basically defined by its mind fuck imagery and ending, probably also helped that the Vietnam War was still pretty fresh in peoples minds (15 years)

So the question is how do you modernize it, while making it "worthwhile" and not just a shitty cash grab?

I forsee the ending just some guy dying because of an IED in Afghaniraq and them basically just redoing everything verbatim from the original.
>>
>>67312371
Michael Ealy, Almost human
holy fuck
why
>>
File: Onion.jpg (59 KB, 1273x691) Image search: [Google]
Onion.jpg
59 KB, 1273x691
>David Rosenthal
>not Peter Rosenthal

One job and it already failed.
>>
WE WUZ DREAM SHEPARDS AND SHIEET
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.