[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a money laundering scheme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-TheRoomMovie.jpg (19 KB, 220x285) Image search: [Google]
220px-TheRoomMovie.jpg
19 KB, 220x285
Is this a money laundering scheme?
>>
>>67312121
ha ha ha, what a story, Mark.
>>
>spending millions on film equipment and other filmmaking expenses
>money laundering

Maybe if he funneled the money through a studio, but this was independently made, so no.
>>
>>67312218

How did he spend $4 million or whatever on this and The Breakfast Club only spent $1 million
>>
>>67312218
>two big time criminals doing some shady dealings
>Look, we need to launder a few million dollars in like 2 months. Any ideas?
>Well, I've got a retarded cousin who wants to make movies.
>>
all movies are
>>
>>67312121
He made it big with real estate and had enough money to fuel his dream of being a filmmaker despite not knowing much about the industry.
He's really just a lonely guy who wanted to make it big and make friends, and his best friend betrayed his trust by writing a tell-all book.
>>
>>67312276
Well, when you put it like that...
>>
>>67312312

Do yoy honestly believe that anyone could make the room and be unironically proud of it?
>>
>>67312274
He was very very stupid.
For example, he filmed the entire movie in both 35mm and HD digital.
>>
>>67312274
Because he bought the equipment instead of just renting it like everyone else.
>>
>>67312341
He's just a lonely and possibly autistic guy, so, yes, it's entirely possible that he's proud of something he made. Something you clearly no nothing of.
>>
>>67312341
An autist like Tommy would be proud of it. He's embraced it completely despite his 'friends' laughing at him behind his back.
>>
>>67312312
I literally just finished reading The Disaster Artist yesterday, that book is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>67312663
Did you read it or listen to it on audio? It's probably the only time audio is essential so you can hear Greg's spot on Tommy accent.
>>
They still show this at a historical cinema near where I live

Every first Friday of the month
>>
>>67312426
>>67312341
>>67312312
>>67312415
>>67312403
>>67312274
Tommy is not an autist. He's genuinely mentally challenged as the result of a car accident and earlier traumas.

>>67312276
The movie took years to make and was entirely reshot multiple times.
>>
>>67312679
I read it. I've heard the audio book is good though. Does he do the Tommy voice when Tommy has the freakout in the car and kicks him out of the apartment? I'd like to hear that part.
>>
>>67312847
Greg does Tommy's voice whenever Tommy is speaking or thinking. Those are the best parts of the audio book.
>>
>>67312847
He does the voice everytime
>>
>>67312734
Oakland/Piedmont?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.