[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's his single best film? And worst?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: quentin-tarantino.jpg (277 KB, 2048x1438) Image search: [Google]
quentin-tarantino.jpg
277 KB, 2048x1438
What's his single best film? And worst?
>>
>>67307531
Best: Reservoir Dogs
Worst: Django Unchained.
>>
Best: Inglourious Basterds
Worst: Pulp Fiction
>>
They're all great but best: django. Worst: jackie brown
>>
>>67307531

Worst: Kill Bill

[I haven't seen Hateful Eight]
>>
>>67307531
Worst: Jackie Brown
>>
>>67309069
>>67309199
>>67309280
Either bait or turbo-plebeian.

Best: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown
Worst: Everything else
>>
>>67309352
what did you like about Jackie Brown? It was slow as fuck and Pam Grier is a terrible actress... even for a Blaxploitation film the characters were super lame.
>>
>>67307531
Best: Inglourious Basterds
Worst: Death Proof

This is not up for debate.
>>
The Hateful Eight was unremarkable as fuck but you gotta admit it was comfy in places.
>>
>>67307531
>Reservoir Dogs
Best
>Death Proof
Worst but I like the first half of the film
>>
>>67309427
Watching it on a cold day in a warm cinema showing 70mm. This is how I imagine Tarantino intended it to be seen.

First half was super comfy
>>
>>67309352
fuck your jackie brown faggot. That had zero laughs compared to all his other films
>>
>>67307531
Best: Pulp Fiction (not debatable)
Worst: Django (debatable)
>>
pulp fiction and reservoir dogs were great 20 years ago. having just re watched them they seem less great now
>>
can someone spoon feed me why django is considered is the worst ?
>>
>>67307531
Best: Jackie Brown
Worst: Django

anyone who says Death Proof is his worst needs to return to reddit
>>
>>67309940
It was an obnoxious "jej I am so tarantino u guise" wanking experience. The racist themes were way too blunt, much better handled in Hateful Eight. The movie dragged like half an hour past the point where it should've actually ended.
>>
>>67309427
cuck
>>
>>67307531
Bad: Death Proof, Kill Bill, Inglorious Bastards
Great: everything else
>>
1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Hateful Eight
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Django Unchained
6. Kill Bill

Havent seen Jackie Brown or Death Proof.
>>
>>67309940
The movie went on for too long, I think that's the biggest issue. The last 30 minutes were really just not that good

>>67310103
The racist themes were fine, the movie was literally about slavery I don't see the problem
>>
>>67309635
Except the exact opposite of what you posted is true

Pulp fiction is overrated meme trash.
>>
Tarantino has not directed a single film. However, his best movie is Reservoir dogs, and the worst would be Kill Bill.
>>
>>67310181
>Django better than Kill Bill
>Basterds number one
>being this plebian
>>
>>67307531
can't think of a best one, worst is an eight way tie
>>
>>67310089
I found Jackie Brown an odd film. Like I think it had so many STRONG elements, like I could literally watch a 2 hour movie of Greer and Jackson shit talking each other but, not trolling, I found the block of Jackie Brown really let it down. Especially the third act. The De Niro element was ok but didnt really go anywhere and I was expecting her to pull of, you know some sort of caper flick smart gambit to outwit both the law and Jackson but the actually end felt a bit quick and unsatisfying. Maybe that's a virtue as it's more realistic but I think I just expected something cleverer. Still a very good Taratino I'm just interested in why it's his best in your opinion.
>>
>>67310217
bedora.jpg
>>
>>67309940
I don't think it was his worst, but it was extremely insulting to both African Americans and white southerners. It also solidified Tarantino's reputation as a cuck.

A racist film told from the perspective of a closeted homosexual.
>>
>>67310207
>meme trash
What the fuck does that even mean you little gay?
>>
>>67310263
>Pulp fags are this defensive

Literally every time. Haha do you look like a bitch xD!!!!! Love it!
>>
>>67310229
nigger is a bad word but homosexuality is wrong? sounds more like you're the closeted homosexual
>>
official QT rankings:

1. jackie brown
2. pulp fiction
3. reservoir dogs
4.kill bill 2
5. kill bill
6. death proof

power gap

9001 hateful 8
90001. inglorious basterds
90002. django unchained
>>
UNO
>>
>>67310413
swap jackie and django and you're close.
>>
Pls explain to me what's so great about Pulp Fiction. Not even shitting on it, I've tried to watch it countless times and I just don't get it.
>>
Kill Bill really needs to be reedited so that both volumes have the same amount of action
>>
>>67310354
wat? I think you need to read my post. I didn't say anything is wrong with homosexuality.

Calling Tarantino a closet homosexual is a correct statement.
>>
>>67310497
nostalgia. it was great at the time.
>>
>>67310278
No one was being defensive you Mongoloid, I was just pointing out that faggots like you constantly like to shoehorn le memes xD into every sentence you say
Besides, you literally provided to critique you just said "haha this quote is gay, a-am I right guys??"
>>
GREAT TIER

>Inglourious Basterds
>The Hateful Eight

GOOD TIER

>Pulp Fiction
>Kill Bill 1

OKAY TIER

>Reservoir Dogs
>Kill Bill 2
>Django Unchained

MID TIER

>Jackie Brown

BAD TIER

>Death Proof

Don't even try to deny this.
>>
File: bravery.jpg (76 KB, 795x338) Image search: [Google]
bravery.jpg
76 KB, 795x338
>>67307531

best: IB
worst: Django
>>
>>67307531
>best
Moonraker
>worst
The Spy Who Loved Me
>>
>>67310683
First person I've seen to put The Hateful Eight above anything, what made it that good to you? I've never seen it
>>
>>67310413
Hateful 8 was fine as a minor film in his filmography.
>>
1. Pulp Fiction (9/10)
2. Reservoir Dogs (8/10)
3. Jackie Brown (8/10)
TIER GAP
4. Inglourious Basterds (8/10)
5. Kill Bill (8/10)
6. Hateful Eight (7/10)
TIER GAP
7. Django Unchained (6/10)
TIER GAP
8. Death Proof (5/10)
>>
>>67310708

Hard to explain. I just enjoyed it. Didn't really expect to since I've never been a huge Tarantino fan.
>>
>>67310708
not him, but here's my take on it
the movie starts very slow.
The first half has pretty much nothing good happening in it.
The dialogue is not that great, which is unusual for Tarantino.
From the second half onwards, the pace picks up and it sort of pays off, but it still made me wish the content of the first half had been compressed a bit.
>>
>>67310708
Not that guy but I consider H8ful 8 among his best as well. The dialogue is probably the best in any of his movies despite one meme scene BIG BLACK DINGUS and the ending was, while not necessarily satisfying very appropriate for the movie. A lot of people seem to dislike some portions after shit goes down and I feel there's one scene in particular that could have been edited down in time a bit but overall I definitely consider it among his best. Would I put it as high as that anon? Probably not and he was probably just fishing but it's definitely great and you should watch it
>>
>>67310743

it's too long, boring, tim roth is rubbish, unnecessary dingus scene, pedestrian direction.
>>
Best: IB
Worst: KB

Suck my dick fags
>>
>>67307531
Jackie Brown is best.
Django is worst.
>>
>>67310804
>The dialogue is probably the best in any of his movies
Really? The only memorable line is BIG BLACK DINGUS
A lot of the dialogue felt forced to me.
>>
Tarantino is a hack and has never made a good film. The films are watchable only because of the actors' performances. None of them are particularly interesting.
>>
>>67310810
>unnecessary dingus scene
Didn't bother me after months of hearing how much it triggered /tv/
>>
>>67310963
Dialogue doesn't have to be nothing but meme quotes to be good faggot.
>>
>>67311068
no, but it felt very unnatural to me, without being remarkable either
>>
>>67307531
Best:Django or Inglorious Basterds
Worst:Jackie Brown or Deadproof
>>
>>67309352
>OP asks for single best/worst
>names multiple

i guess you are the turboplebian
>>
File: 1447421507242.jpg (70 KB, 649x488) Image search: [Google]
1447421507242.jpg
70 KB, 649x488
>>
>>67307531
Reservoir dogs

Django
>>
>>67307531
Best: Pulp Fiction
Worst: Death Proof
My favorite: Kill Bill or H8
>>
>tfw I actually like the 2nd half of Death Proof
The first half is garbage though, walked out of the theater the first time I saw it.
>>
>>67309635

this
>>
>>67312951
you walked out before or after kurt kills those annoying cumdumpsters
>>
>>67312996
I had just sat through shitty ass Planet Terror because I was seeing the full grindhouse thing, I walked out about 10 minutes into Death Proof, maybe less.
>>
>>67310497
> I've tried to watch it countless times

heh nice try faggot
>>
>>67307531
Best: Dead Nigger Storage
>>
>Best
Meme Fiction
>Worst
Everything after Jackie Brown.
>>
>>67309427
It was his best in a while, and a pleb filter
>>
Best: My Best Friend's Birthday
Worst: The Hateful 8
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.