[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TALKING DURING THE MOVIE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: MuppetsTheaterNoise.jpg (42 KB, 580x300) Image search: [Google]
MuppetsTheaterNoise.jpg
42 KB, 580x300
The last three times I've gone to the movies, the people sitting around me would talk throughout the entire movie saying things like "who's that? what's happening? why did he do that?" Is this OK to do now? Did I miss something? Also, there were people on their phones and I could see the brightness of their screen distracting me from the movie. Why do people do this?
>>
>>67303902
OP obviously went to the movies with his mom
>>
>>67303902

>Watched the witch
>That seen with the mom and the crow happens
>Dumb teenage bitch behind would not stop saying "what the fuck?"

Fucking hell. Never again. Im only going to movies when schools are in session from this point on.
>>
>>67303902
It's only acceptable if you're whispering to the person beside, unless you're a negro and therefore incapable of whispering
>>
File: random-dude.jpg (21 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
random-dude.jpg
21 KB, 640x359
>>67303902
>Why do people do this?
Years ago, I saw a movie with Michelle Pfeiffer and Harrison Ford. I can't remember the name. It wasn't a full blown horror IMO, but it was suspenseful as hell. I felt like yelling as the screen because you could see the bad things that were about to happen but the characters were moving so freaking slow. That movie made me anxious.

So yes, I was moaning loudly at the screen. I may have even said "OH COME ON!" out loud. I don't do it in every movie. I don't do it in most movies. But that movie got me. And I wasn't the only one moaning. But that is no excuse.

Sorry Anon.

Yes, I am black. Sup Nigga, We Wuz Kingz, Diddin Do Nuffin etc.
>>
>>67303902
>watching the revenant
>lady behind me goes "what happened to his son?" at normal speaking volume

god damn, its like just watch the fucking movie, it's not even done yet and you're already asking stupid fucking questions
>>
>>67303902
why is it always women?
>>
tell them to shut up you faggot
>>
>>67304224
>that seen

the word is written and pronounced as SCENE
>>
>>67304438
that is not really considered as "talking"

a gasp of surprise or a OH SHIT proclaim here and there are not talking
>>
File: 300 percent not okay.jpg (15 KB, 320x425) Image search: [Google]
300 percent not okay.jpg
15 KB, 320x425
>>67304612
When my friend and I went to see The Revenant some dumb cunt next to us took a fucking phone call during the movie.
Not only did she not have the common courtesy to turn her phone off, she actually took the call when it rang. I don't understand people.
>>
I would pay $150 to purchase hardware that allowed me to watch new releases from home.

They need to get the price per movie down (I'm not paying $50/viewing). But I would love to sit at home in my blanket and watch kino on my tv (or computer).
>>
Should have paid extra for an eclosed seat.
>>
File: 12955457.jpg (60 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
12955457.jpg
60 KB, 400x600
>>67305663
>Assigned seating at a movie theater
>>
>>67305659
Where the fuck do u live??? Here in canuckland I pay $2-12 for movie tickets
>>
>>67303902

Because some people literally don't give a fuck about the movie they're watching. I used to work at a theater, and I'd say roughly half of our customers had no idea what movie they were coming to watch - they were just trying to kill some time.
>>
>being this much of a fucking beta
>not telling those faggots straight up that you didn't pay $30 to watch them use tinder from 3 rows away
>not calling them out and publicly embarassing in front of the rest of the theatre when they're having a conversation

I was at the movies recently and some dumb filipino bitches were sitting net to me and my girlfriend. One of the women had her phone in her hand during the entire pre-show on low brightness as if shes waiting for a text or a call. As soon as the trailers started I told her to put her phone away.

Don't be a fucking Tommy Texter.
>>
>>67305741
>lining up for good seats like a fucking pleb
>>
>>67303902
Been too long since the last cinema shootup and people are starting to relax again. We need another white guy to step up and make cinemas great again.
>>
This is why I'm all for a digital now movie future.
New movie releases, fuck the noise of the theater. Just turn on netflix, hulu or prime.
>>
fucking chains need to borrow the Alamo Drafthouse model, and not let that shit go on.

The normalization of talking like niggers during movies is definitely part of the reason why ticket sales are way down, in addition to piracy.

I have demanded and received refunds when fuckers talk over the movie, and now I rarely go just because I know there's little chance I'll enjoy the experience.
>>
Whats wrong with talking at the Movies fampai?
If you want to watch a film in peace I suggest wait for the dvd
>>
>>67306697

Think he meant would be willing to pay a premium for 1st day home viewing just to avoid the bullshit of theaters now.
As would I.
>>
>>67307210

If the movies want to survive they will need to adapt. otherwise niggers will ultimately kill it just like everything they taint.
>>
>>67306804
>sitting net to me and my girlfriend
why do people insist on mentioning their girlfriend every chance they get, even when it's not relevant to the story?
>>
>>67307558
stop being so insecure
>>
>>67303902
>Tfw you hate watching movies with your gf because she keeps asking what's happening, but she loves movies so you do it anyways
>Tfw your parents bitch and moan through every single movie, but you watch garbage like BBT because it makes them happy
>>
>>67305741
A theater I worked at years ago had that.
>>
File: 1447755597838.jpg (62 KB, 600x663) Image search: [Google]
1447755597838.jpg
62 KB, 600x663
>watching the final Harry Potter movie with my little bro
>score some decent seats
>finally going to conclude this series we grew up with
>feels man
>suddenly a conga line of high school girls walk in
>they appear to be in a group, there's at least 7 of them
>they all sit in the row behind me and baby broseph
>throughout the course of the movie, these bitches graciously provide the rest of the audience with their insightful and valuable commentary and giggling amongst themselves
>don't know how many of them were talking as teenage girls all have the same annoying high-pitched voice
>everything from squealing at jump-scares, quoting lines the movie trailer over the top of the movie when they come up
>one of them is hysterically sobbing and blubbering at the Snape reveal for what felt like 10 minutes without pause
>awkward Voldemort hug happens
>does Neville get a hug?
>tehehehehehe!

I'll never fucking forget this shit.
>>
>>67305741

My 3rd world country has that, the salesmen shoot you with blowdarts if you try to pay by cheque though
>>
I went to see The Witch and one of the people in my row was eating a full tuna sandwich platter in a styrofoam container and it stunk up the theater. I couldn't stop laughing. I am sorry.
>>
My local cinema has strict rules banning any white males from talking during the movie (black's are allowed since it's part of their cultural heritage) there's always at least one usher in the theatre who will kick you out if they catch you talking, it's a pretty good setup.
>>
>went with some friends to Dragonball Z Revival of F when it came out
>two boys to the left of us would regularly say "oh it's Videl" "oh it's Piccolo" "oh it's Vegeta" each time a character was first shown
>guy and girl behind us kept chatting
>Beerus sneezes and accidentally blows up a planet
>girl asks "what just happened?"
>a little later someone addresses Gohan and she says "who's Gohan?"

Looking back at it now she was probably just some DBZ fans girlfriend purely there because she was his girlfriend, but fucking hell bitch shut up.
>>
>Got a friend who's into movies too
>Ask him if he wants to go to the cinema with me and another buddy
>He keeps asking me if I like the movie during the entire thing
>Always getting up to go get beer and going to the bathroom
>"Meh, I didn't like that movie"
Never again am I asking him to come with me.
>>
>Went to watch Sabotage on a Friday night
>packed theater
>a couple sits next to me
>every 30sec the bitch asks a question regarding what just happened, husband replies and she answers 'well that's stupid'
>that went on for the whole duration of the movie
>ever since i have to go either at morning/midday at my off days so i can be alone or wait for the dvd/blu ray

I even asked them kindly not to speak so loudly but then she started whispering in normal voice which was way more annoying.
>>
The last time I told a guy to shut up during a movie, he wanted to fight me and I got scared.
>>
File: 1458057776934.jpg (73 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1458057776934.jpg
73 KB, 592x492
>>67309239
When I went to Evan Almighty with my friend these little nigglets maybe 12-14 were right behind us were throwing popcorn at us and my 6"5 friend stood up and shouted "fuck off you cunts" and they looked terrified for their lives
>>
>>67304224
>Watched The Witch
>Only four other ppl there, two of them wouldn't stop talking and laughing
>Talkative cunts walked out half way through
stroke of luck
>>
>>67307132
spot on. I'm the same.

It all started for me in 1993, when told a load of school kids on a trip out to watch Jurassic Park , to shut the fuck up.

When I saw The Green MIle in 1999 some twat three seats down from me spend three hours counting the loose change in his fucking pocket. Three hours.

Hate going to the cinema nowadays.
>>
>>67306804
Half-Filipino here, can confirm they watch movies like that. They usually don't pay any attention to the dialogue and are only there for the action/romance/CGI, which is what qualifies as a good movie for them. Hence why they like YAshit and Resident Evil so much
>>
Bunch of beta faggots in this thread

if someone talks during a movie I say "SHUT THE FUCK UP YOUR PIECE OF SHIT BEFORE I KILL YOU"

and you know what? they shut the fuck up
>>
>>67310966
Internet tough guy over here
>>
>>67310966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzxfivZF9Yk
>>
Seems like there's some bullshit every other time I go. Last time I noticed this teenage girl texting, and when I told her to put her phone away she got all snotty and said "I already dimmed it!"
Why pay $8 or $9 for a movie ticket and then chat with people who aren't even there? It's dark and there's a cool movie on and you need to keep up on what's happening in your social circle? I don't understand.
>>
File: georgeclap.gif (496 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
georgeclap.gif
496 KB, 500x359
>>67311086
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.