[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bettercallsaul/ 206 "Bali Hai" Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: tumblr_njor3cMNrn1qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg (94 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njor3cMNrn1qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg
94 KB, 1000x750
SLIPPIN KIMMY EDITION.

>will Kim take the job?

>will Mike put Hector in the wheelchair?

>will Checkov's check be used later on?

>will Nacho turn on Mike?

>is Hamlin really pissed at Kim or is Chuck still pulling his strings?

Next week's promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPvZyinC7jY
>>
>>67302176
it is out yet? give me T-minus
>>
>>67302251
I downloaded the 720p rip over 2 hours ago.

They come out a few min after the EST airing.
>>
Why did they lift the thick mat up to leave footprints for Mike?
>>
show might as well be called better call mike

Saul really should have never been the main focus of a BB spinoff.
>>
They've been piling on the cameos these season. I'm expecting Gus to show up at the end of the season to solve Mike's cartel problem
>>
>>67302272
>not on netflix yet
bravo
r
a
v
o
>>
>>67302312
>paying for Shitflix
>not torrenting the show
>>
>>67302311
yea well, that's what writers do to keep interest when the main characters story is so fucking boring
>>
Howard is so stiff when he walks.
>>
>>67302273
do you know what carbon paper is? pick up a fucking book and get some better glasses while you are at it you fucking nerd
>>
NOTHING HAPPENS: THE SHOW
>>
This was an exceptionally good episode. The ending was cut a bit short though. Could've used a little more hook for next week, but I suppose that's what the preview is for.
>>
>>67302437
more like, nothing happens to saul: better call mike and put in cameos
>>
>>67302428
butthurt
>>
>>67302532
>better call saul, where nothing fucking happens to saul for 3 episodes in a row
>>
>>67302555
b-but muh office commercial! b-but muh Kim office drama! much interesting good show
>>
>>67302601
Not enough explosions for you, kiddo?
>>
>>67302176

Fucking show is dead.

Saul is barely in it. It's just that dumb blonde lawyer bitch.

Who fucking cares about her.
>>
I'm dale btw

desu
>>
>>67302176
>How long till Jimmy rescues Huell from the crackhouse?
>Will Chuck die an ironic electricity-related death?
>Will Kim die in a car accident when her hand got stuck in the cupholder?
>Which Salamanca kills Nacho?
>Will baseball cards ever come back?
>>
>>67302726
>How long till Jimmy rescues Huell from the crackhouse?
Season 4
>Will Chuck die an ironic electricity-related death?
Chuck won't die. Furthest I'd go is comatose and that's pushing it
>Will Kim die in a car accident when her hand got stuck in the cupholder?
Kim won't die, just lose her job. Will marry Jimmy no matter what, then divorce him
>Which Salamanca kills Nacho?
Tuco
>Will baseball cards ever come back?
As a corpse
>>
>>67302176
Nothing Happens: The Show

There is literally no justification for how many episodes there have been while so little has happened. Most of Jimmy's arc has revolved around fucking up at his job and getting mad at cupholders. Kim is making boring career decisions. I mean who cares about any of this? They do a good job of showing rather than telling, but who cares if what they're showing is thin and boring?
>>
>>67302646
but anon, one of my favorite movies is spring summer fall winter and spring

I think you may be confused, slowness and meandering plot lines does not automatically make them good
>>
>>67302776
>Will marry Jimmy no matter what,
lel no
>>
>>67302867
Who else is he gonna marry then?
>>
>>67302176
There honestly should have just been two shows, Better Call Saul, and Mike

Instead of one show going in slow motion you'd have two shows going in regular motion, and AMC gets the same amount of money they would just stretching out BCS for seven years.
>>
>>67302806
I think they just have no clue what to do with Saul as a character. other than his funny lawyer antics and jokes, he's a really shitty boring character. I mean really, what have we learned about Saul? his brothers an asshole mental case, Saul himself is a con man scum bag, and he has Kim as some... friend he fucks sometimes.

who fucking cares about any of that?

at least season 1 made me laugh here and there, but I guess this season they wanted to get more 'serious' because they want it to feel like breaking bad, but they're failing hard because the premise of the show is based on a comic relief doofy lawyer
>>
>>67303034
It has nothing to do with seriousness, and everything to do with money. They're milking Breaking Bad's popularity for all it's worth. That means not even having "Saul" appear until Season 3. They're stretching everything out, and it's almost too thin to be watchable.

Breaking Bad was good since it combined solid character development with solid plotting. With BCS it's mediocre on both accounts.

And I agree on Saul, there's not a lot of depth there. Kim is slightly-less-loathesome Skyler, but is still just as dull.
>>
>>67303077
I can honestly say I like Skylar more than Kim. at least the actress playing Skylar was so good she made me hate Skylar as a character

Kim? there's just nothing there. just a clenched-jaw-voice and boring office drama that i don't care about
>>
>>67303134
but the show that we have is just ''slice of life'' so it is normal that it is boring.
>>
These threads and watching the contrarians desperately try to defend this shitshow is are a current highlight of the board.

Vince was never gonna strike gold twice Oh well

.>>67303034
>I think they just have no clue what to do with Saul as a character.
They kinda fucked up the backstory, he's already a criminal and a lawyer from the start so there's not a whole lot of room for development.
>>
>>67302273
Carbon paper. When pressure is applied (via their feet and body weight), an imprint is left.
>>
>>67303183
that's what I want from the show though, i don't need some grand overarching plot. before the first season came out I expected it to at least be funny, because Saul was funny. the whole talking down tuco scene in the desert in season 1 was the type of antics I expected and I liked that.

that's just not what is happening anymore. we're basically in full meandering drama now with Saul and I've been bored of it since this season aired.
>>
File: 686787.jpg (72 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
686787.jpg
72 KB, 765x497
This show is like watching paint dry.
>>
>>67303288
>before the first season came out I expected it to at least be funny, because Saul was funny.
me too
the lack of humor is a letdown and all we have is a show like madmen
>>
>>67303207
the only types defending the show seem to be the ones who think slow=good, the people who hate breaking bad come in these threads defending BCS because it's the complete opposite of BB.

BB is a fast paced show and there's a lot of excitement in each episode
BCS is slow and very... dull.
>>
File: 1405100189134.jpg (44 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1405100189134.jpg
44 KB, 500x378
>>67302176
It's not surprising that wannabe patricians can't even appreciate snail pace build up. Too many faggots on here desperately trying to force memes out of this show, but Bravince isn't having any of it. Bravo, Vince.
>>
>>67302352
>paying for Netflix
>not having even a single friend to leech off of
>>
this show is fucking awesome
this thread is full of autistic sad sperm and diarrhea
>>
>>67303661

Saul's story line in the last two episodes has been slow. It needs to pick up.
>>
>>67302806
What is wrong with you? You're the reason we only have superhero movies these days. DUDE NOTHINGS HAPPENING
Jimmy not being able to sleep and playing with those balls was "nothing" but it was fucking entertaining and had interesting camera angles and good music. Why can't entertainment just be standard activities and living? Do you actually have add? Plenty has happened to advance the plot retard. They even made mike a main character for idiots like you that constantly need action sequences to keep you interested
>>
>>67303685
>leeching from a friend
>not worse than being a pirate

Kek what a loser
>>
>>67303732
That's because it's been focused on Kim. Literally just watch the preview for the next episode and it looks like things are turning the tide again for Saul.
>>
>>67303466
nice b8 m8
>>
I think there was only 1 page of scripted dialogue in this entire episode.
>>
>>67303732
His plotline has been some micromanaging fuck sent in by the big bosses making his life hell, and him realizing he hates this shit and they ripped him off. He's just some nobody they used and discarded once no more value was seen in him. If you ever left your parents basement and tried to tow the line in the straight life you'd understand the character arch.
>>
File: 1448624815858.png (9 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1448624815858.png
9 KB, 362x358
>an intimidation scene with Mike, his daughter in law and the 2 brothers
>all characters are off-limits
>Mike vs. Hector

Bravo Vince, nice suspense. Either Mike puts Hector in a wheelchair or he doesn't, which side will the coin land on?
>>
>>67303207
>defend this shitshow
Why are you still watching if you hate it so much?
>>
>>67303875
He can kill those two goons that broke into his house and probably gets Bob and Rob deported
>>
>>67303819
I liked Mad Men.

I'm not denying that each scene in BCS is well-constructed. Gilligan does a great job of giving the viewer a lot with very little dialogue. Music, montages, it's all great.

But it's not enough. I need those interesting camera shots to focus on something interesting, not Kim's career decisions.
>>
Are some of you retarded? "Nothing is happening with Saul" are you guys not seeing Jimmy getting tired of his straight lawyer life?
>>
>>67303940
It doesn't take 16 episodes to tell us that he doesn't want to take the high road to being a lawyer. Especially since we knew that switch was coming anyway. There's no tension.
>>
>>67303940
Just ignore the trolls and retards. Some want to piss you off, and some want more explosions.
>>
>>67303940
The people who constantly shitpost about BCS are obviously underage, just ignore them.
>>
>>67303930
>I liked mad men
>there are people that say BCS is a show about nothing, but praise a male soap opera literally about nothing
>>
>>67302806
I assume what they're getting at is that the cup is not fit for the cupholder just as Jimmy is not fit for his current lawyer position.

Anyway the show is boring as shit, this last episode was only slightly better but considering its episode 6 already I have no hope.
>>
and here comes the contrarians defending the dullness of this show

it's gotta be the aussies, only aussies shit post like this
>>
File: smug asuka.jpg (76 KB, 570x610) Image search: [Google]
smug asuka.jpg
76 KB, 570x610
>>67303940
>>
>>67303862
doing the same thing for 3 weeks isn't an arch
>>
>>67303999
>male soap opera literally about nothing
So you admit you haven't watched Mad Men?
>>
>>67303940
Come season 3 /tv/ will be nothing but memes and threads about how great better call Saul is and how they loved it since the beginning. I don't even want to see this place when Walt and Jesse show up
>>
>>67303940
He never wanted it in the first place, and we know he becomes Saul

This is like if Breaking Bad focused on Walt working at Gray Matter for a season
>>
>>67303999
Mad Men was sumptuous and every character was evolving and complex. BCS is meandering and pointless, with none of the complexity to make up for it. Like I said, it shouldn't have taken 16 episodes to have gotten where we are in the show. They're stretching it to milk the BB cash cow, and it shows.

For instance, what was the point of the baseball card dweeb subplot? There wasn't one. It was just there for filler and to remind you that Mike still exists even though he has nothing to do with the main plot for that portion of the show.
>>
This is s2 folks. S2 of almost every show is like this. It sets up the series, and the finale will be amazing. Think s2 of BB. Same shit dude.
>>
>>67303999
HERE it is.
I found the correlation.
BCS is like Mad Men, it has the same demographic that enjoys it. Intelligent, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor.

BB is obviously for the underage, ADHD, "MUH action" kiddies.
>>
>>67304034
I will attest to that, yes I dropped that show 2 episodes in. I'll make the same argument as everyone in here
>DUDE NOTHING IS HAPPENING LMAO
>ALL DEY DOIN IS TAWLKIN
>>
fifty thousand and a free gun
things are looking good
>>
>>67304036
nah, show has too many cameos already ya dumdum
>>
>>67304074
No, this really isn't that much worse than Season 1. I just gave Season 1 a pass since I thought it was going somewhere.
>>
>Saul discussion thread
>discussion is never about events in the show just if the show is slow and boring or not

Times like this I wish I could handle the gayness of reddit and IMDB
>>
>>67304074
Season 2 of Breaking Bad was amazing and the finale was the worst episode of that season anyways
>>
>>67304070
>filler
>implying it wasn't humorous and entertaining
>ENTERTAINING
I think we just have different ideas what television is about. If what's happening onscreen is nicely done and keeps my interest by being entertaining then I'll watch it. I don't analyze shit to a t like you I guess, tv is just sort of a hobby to me not a lifestyle
>>
>>67304101
What is there to talk about? 30% of this episode was dealing with Kim's decision to leave or not leave HHM. What is there to discuss? Why would anyone care about that? Then there's bullshit with cupholders, Jimmy getting uncomfortable with his sterile and corporate lifestyle, the Mike-Salamanca struggle moving at a snail's pace... there's nothing there. Empty, thin, meandering bullshit.

The show peaked in S01E02.
>>
>>67304083
Then take some adderall, shut the fuck up, and watch the goddamn show before you make judgements you can't back up.
>>
>discussing this show on a capeshit board

just give up
>>
>>67304154
capeshit seriously needs a separate board
>>
>>67304138
It's decent in the entertainment sense, but don't you want something more than that? Something that builds to a stunning conclusion? Would you really take 10 episodes of baseball card dweeb and Mike hijinks over what Seasons 3 or 4 of Breaking Bad built to?
>>
>>67303940
he's been tired of being a straight lawyer since last fucking season, the season finale has him implying he's going full Saul, but instead the writers changed their mind, and now we are meandering in bullshit this whole season because they want to drag the show out for advertisement money

we went over all this shit in the first season and you're just too retarded to remember it
>>
>>67304096
>more krazy 8
>Jesse for sure
>probably other Asian looking beaner
>Gus
>Walt
>Skylar
>slit throat beaner
Many more to come
>>
People expecting this to be like Breaking Bad are idiots. It's not possible to have a show be "high stakes" when we already know what happens to the two main characters. This show focuses on the moment-to-moment, the slow burning character development. It's not about stuff "happening". If you don't like the show now you're not going to like it later.

Hell, Breaking Bad started off the same way, the only reason it has the "fast-paced" reputation is because of the Gus arc. Season 1 and 2 were very slow.

>>67304118

Season 2 literally had an episode that was nothing but Walt making home improvements and going shopping. Oh but he said "STAY OUT OF MY TERRITORY" right at the end, such gripping television, I was really on the edge of my seat.
>>
File: no-thanks-ill-carry-it-myself.jpg (57 KB, 574x597) Image search: [Google]
no-thanks-ill-carry-it-myself.jpg
57 KB, 574x597
>>67304032
>it's all just people speaking words in offices

... the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>67302672
>just renewed for s3

Sure
>>
File: jane.jpg (40 KB, 394x608) Image search: [Google]
jane.jpg
40 KB, 394x608
>>67304219
>So Kim, what kind of tatoo you want?
>>
>>67304231
you are blind and deaf.

no one expected this show to be like breaking bad. what most people expected was a comedy show with Saul's comical lawyer antics. if anything, the show is trying to have the same weight as breaking bad, but it's failing miserably.
>>
Personally I really like the Hector cameo, it gives a fresh perspective on the character. Twins cameo felt way more forced, they really didn't need to be there. And I doubt they're going to do anything important either considering Mike's situation is resolved. Maybe they'll kill Nacho.
>>
>>67304183

You can't tell the difference between S1 Saul and S2 Saul and I'm retarded?
>>
File: bcs viewership.png (12 KB, 480x289) Image search: [Google]
bcs viewership.png
12 KB, 480x289
>>67304253
It might not be dead, but it's definitely dying.
>>
>>67304183
>he's just tired of being a straight lawyer

saul played it straight, gave them the commercial idea, which worked and then they fucked him and his love interest over for it. ... and then stole the idea. this is called character development.
>>
>>67304301
I don't think Nacho is going to die, Saul mentioned him by name in Breaking Bad.
>>
>>67304310
season 1 finale saul: I know what stopped me before and it's never going to happen again

season 2 episode 1 saul: oh yes Kim I will certainly take that job to make you proud

yes, you are literally retarded
>>
>>67304177
I'd rather see this entertaining show with the great Bob odenkirk run for a long time
>season 3 starts up being Saul but not final until finale, finishing ties with Chuck/ hhm/Kim however they do it
>season 4 Saul is Saul (would love to just see a case a week type thing with mike story arcing in background ending with meeting gus
>season 5 is breaking bad season 2 time
>season 6 breaking bad later time ending with Gus death and mike in Mexico
>season 7 final season of breaking bad losing it all/ black and white future Saul
>>
>>67304301
The twins tried to kill the wrong person in BB, going after DEA instead of Walt. Myabe they fuck up in this one too and kill Chuck instead of Jimmy.
>>
>>67304362
>season 7
>not season 7a and season 7b
Do you even AMC?
>>
>>67304365
>The twins tried to kill the wrong person in BB, going after DEA instead of Walt
Because Gus set them up.
>>
>>67304365
Hilarious.
>>
>>67304293
>what most people expected was a comedy show with Saul's comical lawyer antics
do you squat cobble, too?
>>
>>67302532

seriously why the fuck are they doing this? it's like they know sauls story is dragging and uninteresting. why are they fucking it up on purpose? there's been like 6 fucking cameos this season
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16 KB, 556x213) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16 KB, 556x213
Why do they try so hard to make him shorter than he is in real life?
>>
>>67302776

>tfw Huell will probably die irl before they call him in for season 4
>>
>>67304378
>7a finale meeting vacuum guy
>7b 2 years late premiere cinaman
>>
>poppop

do americans really say that
>>
>>67304328
Standard mid season lull. Try harder.
>>
>>67304293

People clearly are expecting it to be like Breaking Bad when they complain that nothing happens. They're expecting the same sort of earth-shattering events, which will pretty much never happen. It's a different show and they need to get over it.

>the show is trying to have the same weight as breaking bad

Where did you get that at all? The show is much more light-hearted. Just in this episode alone you had Jimmy fucking around with rubber-band balls, running a scam with Kim, and destroying a cupholder. Of course there's still human drama, but it's not "I have cancer so I'm going make meth and get into messes with cartels and drug kingpins".
>>
>>67304456
There's no standard term in America, you could get 10 people in a room and they'd call their grandpas 20 different names.
>>
File: 2016-03-22_06-47-16.png (325 KB, 429x503) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-22_06-47-16.png
325 KB, 429x503
yay it's these two
>>
>>67304390
I squat over your mother and shit on her face. if that's what you mean
>>
>>67304497
that reflects poorly on everybody involved
>>
>>67304475
Breaking Bad was funnier.
>>
>>67304383
it's been a while but why did gus have reason to set the twins up?
>>
>>67304557
Gus wanted Hector Salamanca's family to die before he finally got his revenge by killing Hector himself. Gus was butthurt that Hector killed his gay lover.
>>
>>67304557
He needed Walt to cook for him.
>>
>>67303901

not that anon, and I appreciate the tempo of the show, but jimmys character has literally been stalled for weeks now. most people want jimmy to be wise cracking and moving steadily towards being Saul, but he's been treading water in a brown law office for 6 episodes now. at the end of each episode you should be able to say what has changed for the character, and at the end of each episode jimmy story left him 2% more irritated. we all jimmy is going to crack or some terrible event will send him spiraling. people want that to happen already because they think the saul goodman plot will be more interesting television. but the show is moving towards that watershed moment at a snails pace and it's driving people crazy
>>
>>67304541

Unintentionally maybe. Some of the serious moments ended up being really silly.
>>
>>67304036

I highly doubt theyre gonna call bloated 35 year old aaron paul to play teenage jesse
>>
>>67304475
dude what? the entire point of mike being in this show is to add that druggy gangster underworld weight.

breaking bad had all of those little quirky moments in it too, it was not serious drama all the time (WIIIRRRREEEE). breaking bad by this point in the show was also funnier.

I'm sorry but BCS has just utterly failed in every aspect imo
>>
>>67304475
I wanted wacky hijinks with Saul and Bill Burr & Huell. Having a serious side isn't bad and even setting it up with backstory for the first season is fine but this is tedious now.
>>
>>67304577
thanks. i knew he kept hector alive just to spite him, i didnt remember Gus wanted the rest of this family t die first tho
>>
File: boredman.jpg (26 KB, 292x445) Image search: [Google]
boredman.jpg
26 KB, 292x445
>>67304484
bravo vince
>>
>>67304362

Mikes gonna be a 76 year old man by the time you'd have him rehashing his role from the gus arc. the show will only be 5 seasons like BB probably. youre hopefully right about season 3 and 4. but I think season 4 will end with saul meeting Walt for the first time and will skip the events of BB. and then season 5 will be a future Saul conclusion to the character. that season will actually have tension since sauls future won't be certain anymore.

Mikes too old to do this for more than a couple more years, so it'd work out nicely to lose him after season 4.
>>
>>67304557

He set up the Twins to kill Hank
He set up Hank by warning him the Twins were coming

He gambled hard on whether or not Hank could clutch hard and take out both or 1 of the twins. This left Old Man Salemanca defenseless and the cartel would be put in a shit position by having to rely more on Gus.
>>
List of things that keep me watching:
>mike
List of things that make me want to drop:
>every
>fucking
>other
>thing
>>
>>67304484

felt really out of place.
>>
>no pics or mentions of erin

fuck this trash board
>>
>>67304818
Jonathan Banks is like 70 years old too and it's really showing~ the amount of physical stunts he'll be able to do isn't going to get much better than we've already seen. When he was getting beat up by Tuco it looked very convincing but rewatch the part in tonights episode where he hits the 2 henchmen over the head
>>
>>67304633

this is exactly what I wanted, and I'm starting to feel it's not going to happen. they'll probably end the show with him sitting in his fucking office with the saul goodman nameplate for the first time
>>
>>67304874
>rewatch the part in tonights episode where he hits the 2 henchmen over the head
can someone webm this for me ?
>>
>>67304788
nah, Saul's not going to have a future-arc, he's just a working stiff.

they kind of alluded to it in the intro scene in the first episode, Saul will probably get killed by a hitman. who knows, might even be Jesse that kills him.
>>
>>67304921
>might even be Jesse that kills him

oh Aaron, you wish
>>
>>67304947
well, Jesse is still alive, so Aaron looking older wouldn't be an issue

he almost killed him in the office for the ricin cigarette thing
>>
>>67304921

he'll need a least a few episodes for mini arc. the show will most definitely end in the present with Cinnabon saul. it isn't gonna just be a single assassination scene, theres no build up or anything. it'll be at least an entire episode, but it'd be jarring for the show to spend so many seasons establishing it's own plotlines and wrapping them up for it to suddenly shift to the present for a single episode or scene just to kill saul. I think it'll be at least half a season. probably 5b.
>>
>>67302273
why did they stand by side on the doormat like siamese twins? wouldn't the both probably step around the center on their way in?
>>
>>67304607
>see 20 year old jimmy jail scene
>>
This show is becoming hard work.

Let me guess what happens this week!

Saul continues to have the same job and not be very happy about it.

He continues to have an awkward relationship with Kim

Nothing much happens with Mike either.

There is some artful lighting of objects.
>>
Isn't Kaylee supposed to be like a baby in 2002?
>>
>>67304541
Thanks to wigger Jesse and pals. And wj. Not gonna type it all up again but said it a million times
>badger and skinny Pete on the hunt for walts missing millions
>>
>>67305472

yeah it looks silly doesn't it? hopefully they don't make the same mistake with jesse
>>
>>67304840
I second the need for pics of Erin.
>>
>>67304484
>OH BOY, ANOTHER CAMEO!
>>
>>67302296
As far as I can tell there is no one even on the show called Saul.
>>
>>67302437
YOU CAN'T SEE THE GENIUS. BRAVO VINCE.
>>
>>67302646
Remember when Jimmy went onto the bus full of old people and got them to fill out forms?!?!?! THAT WAS AMAZING.
>>
>wahh BrBa has too much action
>wahh BCS is too slow
Holy shit, nothing will ever please you tumblr-esque faggots. Its a shame we will never criticize the garbage you spergs would dish out if you had the budget to produce your own show and left mom's basement for once.
>>
>>67302806
>They do a good job of showing rather than telling but who cares if what they're showing is thin and boring
I'm still on mid-season 1 and this is exactly how I feel. There's a lot of interesting storytelling or editing decisions, I like the pacing and overall tone, but it's simply not engaging. I still don't understand what Vince was thinking, what motivated him to make this show, except to throw some work at the Albuquerque filming crews.
>>
File: 1421748103607.gif (1 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1421748103607.gif
1 MB, 360x240
So apparenly Vince said they really wanted to have Hank show up with the rest of the cops at the end of that episode two weeks ago, but they decided against it because they didn't want too many cameos.

Do you think it was a good call?
>>
>>67305888
>/tv/ is one person
>>
>>67305929
For Saul maybe
>>
>>67304818
You forgot Kim's feet. We've seen them in the last two episodes. Will we get a third?
>>
>>67305929
Why would a DEA agent be responding to a fist fight?
>>
>>67305929
Was Hank a cop before he was DEA?
>>
>>67304404
he's 5'10"
>>
Exactly how long before Breaking Bad does the 2nd Season take part? I think they may have retconned Kylees age.
>>
>>67306416
BCS is set in 2002. BB starts in 2009, ends in 2011.
>>
>>67306416

So isn't Kaylee supposed to be like 15-18 years old minimum in BB if he's that old in BCS?
>>
Best part of the episode was Kim in that T-shirt at the end. Damb.
>>
>>67306959
exactly what I thought.
>>
File: 1380219601461.jpg (17 KB, 350x401) Image search: [Google]
1380219601461.jpg
17 KB, 350x401
thinking about haul siting and waiting for hank makes me sad
>>
>>67305929

Yes. Hank would still remember Mike by the time they cross in BB if that were to happen.
>>
File: 1365772192139.gif (706 KB, 500x212) Image search: [Google]
1365772192139.gif
706 KB, 500x212
>>67303732
Oh yeah, or what? You'll stop watching? HA HA HA!

Everyone in here will continue to watch. I love the goddamn show!
>>
>>67304067
Not really, but I'd watch that too.
>>
File: 1415423344991.jpg (34 KB, 710x720) Image search: [Google]
1415423344991.jpg
34 KB, 710x720
>>67306161
>feet
>>
>>67304070
Dutch Apple Ass, Hoboken Cobbler Squat.
>>
>>67304355
Refresh me.
>>
The cold open was very comfy this time around. Sleepy Jimmy is so cute.
>>
>>67307972
gay
>>
File: 1432308769377.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1432308769377.png
21 KB, 900x900
>episode still isn't on netflix
>>
>>67308706
>paying for netflix
>not torrenting it for free.
>>
>>67302296
It really is a half-Mike half-Saul thing

I thing this show will go on for another two seasons before Saul shows up.

It kills me when I think of Kim, like what did Jimmy do to make her leave (or what happened to her and Jimmy)
>>
>there are people on /bettercallsaul/ who still haven't seen the episode because they are waiting for a legal stream

kek just torrent you retards.
>>
>>67302311
This

Gus is going to come in and hear about Mike, then secretly meet up with him and exchange stories, where Mike tells him about the how his daughter was threatened, and Gus tells him about the other chemist guy, and then Gus hires him to be his security/right-hand man, and tells the Cartel that he is untouchable
>>
>>67308706
You shouldn't live wherever it is you live
>>
>>67302672
You have the attention span of a sea urchin.
>>
>>67305929
That would have been the worst
It would be George Lucas all over again
Why did Obi-Wan speak to R2D2 and CP3O, as if it was his first time seeing them

Why would Hank speak to Mike in BB as if it was his first time seeing him
>>
http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/two-islands-whisper-kim-come-away-come-away-234047

I agree, A-Grade episode.
>>
>>67303407
Then why don't you stop watching it, idiot?
>>
>>67308674
>not wanting to fug Bob Odenkirk
if wanting him is wrong I don't want to be right
>>
>>67309260
It's not wrong but it's definitely gay
>>
>>67304704
>>67304831
>>67305761

plebs come back when you get your patrician card
>>
So, S2 finale will be Saul Goodman VS Kim Wexler in the Sandpiper trial, and that's how the JimKim ends?
>>
Why is it when I sniff my finger after digging my belly button I smell rancid cheese? I bathe every day. It's a belly button not an armpit, gooch, or ballsack.
>>
>>67309398
She can't be put on the Sandpiper case at all.
>>
>>67309398
>>67309463
this, but they're gonna face off at some point obviously.

I would think Mike + Saul vs Kim + Cartels, to bring everyone together, but Mike/Cartels aren't exactly against each others in the trials, they have a deal, so...
>>
>>67309314

No-one capable of making a post like this is or ever will be a "patrician".
>>
>it's another nothing happended episode
Call me a pleb but those long drawn out shots Vince love so much suck.
>>
>>67303940
yea I saw that at the beginning of season 1 already
>>
Is it me or are they retconning firm sizes a bit?

I mean, back in S1 Chuck wanted the case to go to HHM to fight against Schweiker, and they seemed about equally sized, nothing HHM couldn't take on... And HHM was dealing with millions and shit (chuck's 1/3 would be like 16 millions or something I think it was? )

But then suddenly the case is too big even for HHM so they refer it to an even larger firm, Davis & Main.

But then we hear that Schweiker & wtv can basically eat Davis & Main for lunch.

So Schweiker's firm is certainly MUCH bigger than HHM... Given that it's bigger than the firm that is already bigger than HHM.
>>
>>67309583
When is there a Schweiker/DavisMain comparison? I don't remember Davis & Main coming up at all between dude and Kim at lunch.
>>
>>67309554
I don't want to join the BrBa 'not enough explosions!' crowd and it's not, imho, that nothing happens... It's more like 'the same thing keeps happening'.

I feel like they think they need to hammer down the same shit for hours and hours for people to get it. Like last episode, there was like 4 scenes of Kim desperately trying to get clients... If you don't get the idea after 2, you're hopeless, why have 4 of it? To show she's trying really hard? Everything in the episode pointed that out.

Last episode had a 5 minute scene with Bill, about how Jimmy has everything a lawyer could ever want, yet is not happy.
How does the episode 6 start? With Jim having everything a lawyer want yet is not happy, so he goes back to his 'former life' that was shit but he enjoyed.

Then he has a scene with Kim telling her about how he has everything ( the house, the car, the paycheck, ) a lawyer could want. Then she leave, and guess what? He is still not happy!

I know they assume their viewers are the BrBa crowd so half of them are probably legally retarded, but they don't need to show the same scene with the same purpose all the freaking time.

And in the Ep7 preview you see him dress up as Saul... you can bet your ass that he'll give up a speech on how his new life/job was not him or how he was happier before or some thing.

He might tell the same story all over again to Chuck as well.
Then to Erin.
Then to Mike.
Then to Nacho, why not.
Then the salamanca cousins will come in to steal his car and he'll happily tell them to take it because even if he has a nice car and all he's still not happy.
>>
>>67309712
>I'm going to insult people who watched a legitimately thrilling show by calling them retarded while I rant about watching a truly boring spin-off 2 seasons in made to purely make Vince more money. I'm such a cuck!
>>
>be me
>hate the show
>watch it every week anyways
>go into every thread about it and blab about how bad it is

Seriously. Why do people do this? What kind of mental disorder is this?
>>
File: 28947-12231-22352.jpg (34 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
28947-12231-22352.jpg
34 KB, 280x280
You can tell the median intelligence of this board when the majority posting about Better Call Saul thinks it sucks.
>>
>>67302806
>he doesn't understand simple metaphors

Wew lad
>>
File: next level capcha.jpg (78 KB, 707x500) Image search: [Google]
next level capcha.jpg
78 KB, 707x500
I'm halfway through and this was my favorite episode in terms of actual lawyering. That motion hearing was much more realistic than almost anything you see in other procedurals. Kim's fear about her future at HHM is a very real concern for a younger attorney, about 3 years at your first firm out of school you have an idea if you are on partner track or not and that's when you have the most mobility in your career. Not only could Kim go to Schweiker (I'm assuming this is what happens but haven't finished yet), the Bank she landed as a client could totally follow her, because firms don't have a possessory interest in clients. The ABA highly respects a client's choice of attorney, even if they get terminated or leave a firm. That would be a SUPER fuck you to Howard.

I also hate how Mike teacups his gun
>>
>>67309829
I've defended the show a long time, but you can't argue against how they keep repeating the same scenes with the exact same purpose.

It's still an entertaining show, but it's too much. They don't need to hammer it in 50 times for people to get it.

Progression ( as in character progression ) is going from A to B then to B to C then to C to D and so on.

But now it feels more like they go from A to B then goes back to A so he can go from A to B again, then B to B ( nothing changes, just explains it again ), then B to B again, and then after a way too long time, it FINALLY goes to C.
>>
>>67309877

Also holy shit the Jimmy's little babysitting associate is possibly the most accurate character in this show; this is EXACTLY the type of gunner bitch that would land a big law position like this, and is absolutely insufferable. Super detail oriented type-A personality; the kind of person you want doing research or advocating for you, but tends to alienate clients.
>>
>>67309877
>That motion hearing was much more realistic than almost anything you see in other procedurals

I don't know anything about law, but one thing kept coming to me while she was arguing... So fucking what if they have dementia?

The class action is against fraudulent practices... is it somewhat acceptable if the clients aren't all there? Isn't it even worse?

So if they have dementia they can'T take part in a class action because their testimony aren't reliable or some shit?

First of all there isn't much testimony to be done, it's just numbers... But then again, what kind of fucked up precedent is that? They have dementia so they can't sue/be represented by a lawyer suing for them? So basically abuse them at will they can't do shit, as long as they're mentally ill?
>>
>>67309926

>Vince wont give us the D

feels bad man
>>
>>67309975
>Also holy shit the Jimmy's little babysitting associate is possibly the most accurate character in this show;

did you mean most attractive?
>>
>>67309314

>enjoying a bunch of ham fisted cameos in a weak attempt to inject some much needed excitement into the show
>>
>>67309437

I have the same issue. don't understand it. most peoples bellybuttons have no odor
>>
>>67310035
>spinoff prequel
>dont build on the characters in the universe tho xD

alright mate
>>
>>67304266
>so Mrs. Jane whose your favorite musical artists?
>Jimmy Hendrix
BRAVO VINCE
>>
File: ge.gif (19 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ge.gif
19 KB, 400x300
>it's a Kim wearing only a large shirt episode
>>
>>67302891
your mom
>>
>>67309989

the hearing was about class representatives, which are a small group of plaintiffs who represent the whole of the class in the suit. It's like a sample that is more manageable for the court. They have additional responsibilities because they are like "the face" of the big group of sandpiper residents, they need to be able to testify properly because the interests of many people rest on that. If these representatives had dementia etc., they would just pick new people as representatives from the larger class.

This is why Kim's opposition to the motion was kind of doomed; it's pretty reasonable for the defense to want to know if the people who will be testifying for everyone else are at least competent to do so. Kim did her job and made it seem like a larger issue, but it didn't have much traction.
>>
>>67310357
Ah, didn't catch that bit, thought they were just trying to dismiss the entire case because the plantiffs had dementia (english not my first language).

Make sense.
>>
>>67310424

I think your understanding is probably what 90% of people got from it because they made it kind of realistic and didn't exactly explain everything.

Think of the situation this way though, even though this is a case where there is clearly a right and wrong (because it's a TV show and we know sandpiper is liable) this is still a civil case so the same principles would apply if your crazy old neighbor lady sued you for something. Wouldn't you want your defense attorney to try and get her medical records to show there is an issue with her mental health? If the mental health of a plaintiff or defendant is at issue it's usually discoverable. Not only that, but under FRCP 35(a)(1) says "The court where the action is pending may order a party whose mental or physical condition—including blood group—is in controversy to submit to a physical or mental examination by a suitably licensed or certified examiner. The court has the same authority to order a party to produce for examination a person who is in its custody or under its legal control." So even if you don't have mental health record the court can have the party evaluated. The little crazy granny could also have her own doctor evaluate her, and the jury would hear both doctors' testimony.
>>
They're setting Kim up with the new job for le ebin Walt, Skyler and Hank cameos
>>
File: WE'RELAWYERS!.jpg (262 KB, 1566x900) Image search: [Google]
WE'RELAWYERS!.jpg
262 KB, 1566x900
>>67310527

One more thing I would like to see in the show is that if Jimmy submits a signed document to the court with information he knows to be false, for example if the defense queations if there was solicitation, under Rule 11 Davis & Main would be liable for sanctions, potentially ALL of the defenses court costs and attorneys fees.

The thrill of civil procedure!
>>
>>67310527
>the same principles would apply if your crazy old neighbor lady sued you for something. Wouldn't you want your defense attorney to try and get her medical records to show there is an issue with her mental health

Just to play the devil's advocate her... What if it turns out she is crazy?

I mean, crazy people can also be the victims of crimes. Does it just launch a different set of procedures, like having her questioned by a mental health professional instead of an attorney, or some shit?

Or is it just... "Ok as you've seen doctors testify, she's crazy, so you jury better not believe a word coming out of her mouth!"
>>
>>67310759
>tfw Kim goes full Skyler and anonymously/subtly point out that Jimmy did solicitation to Schweiker, or just ask them to 'just look into it, who knows what you could find! :^)"
>>
>>67307846
when walt and jesse kidnap him, he says "it was ignacio"
>>
>will Nacho turn on Mike?
no way. he seems solid
>>
>it's a Billy Mays product pacement episode
>>
>>67310537
>walt
when will this shit stop already?

The show has 2 timeline.
In one of them, Walt is dead.
In the other one, Walt is a school teacher who doesn't know Jimmy, Mike, Gus, Hector, Tuco, and his only thought about Jesse is that he's a shitty student.

Yeah let's have a "Boring chemistry teacher hire a lawyer because his car wash boss sexually harassed him" episode.

Or maybe a "Aging nerd hire a notary to fill in his taxes because he's too busy" episode?

The possibilities are endless.
>>
>mike is showing signs of parkinsons
>he didn't have parkinsons in BrBa

Time travelling mike confirmed
>>
>>67304355
>>67310849
In that scene Saul believes Walt and Jesse are Cartels. And he tells them "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!".

So even Saul knows Nacho did the Tuco shit - or something equally bad against the cartels.

Odds are, Nacho got killed but Saul somehow believed they still were looking after the guilty so he told them the truth.
>>
>>67310793

The simplest way to explain it would just be to say her mental health would be "at issue" in the trial. The US civil justice system is known as "adversarial," think of the judge as a referee and the jury is what they call "the finder of fact." This means the jury would ultimately need to make the call on this issue and other issues of fact. Your lawyer would probably play up her mental infirmity to discredit her testimony, and her lawyer would try to prove her claim based on other facts if possible.

Lots of cases (generally not on tv) just come down to he-said she-said with some minor evidence. Founders thought the best people to judge that kind of thing were your peers not some fancy man in a robe; that's why we have juries in civil cases, which is relatively uncommon elsewhere.

In contrast the EU and other parts of the world have an inquisitorial system where the judge has way more power to make decisions about this kind of stuff. There are benefits and drawbacks to both system and there is a huge amount of legal scholarship on them.
>>
>>67310971
Bait? It's showing he was actually a bit rattled by the home invasion despite his manner.

U new that
>>
>>67310898
Mike pls, learn from your mistake.

"They're my guys. and they're solid"
>one of them accept a job to kill Mike another one was just about to give up all names/info to the cops before he got shanked

No one is 100% "solid".

Nacho is cold calculating. He's good with Mike because if Mike goes down he goes down...
But if at any point a situation arises where Nacho life is at risk and he can give up Mike without going down with him, you can bet your ass he'll do it. He doesn't care about Mike.

>It sounds like a 'you' problem.

Hell, he doesn't care about anyone who isn't him. He wanted to get Tuco killed.
>>
>>67310995
ah, good info!
(you a lawyer? do you have a kimfu? or erinfu?)
Or god forbid, an Omarfu?
>>
im getting annoyed by these shitty cameos desu

id rather have them doing something interesting with Saul
>>
>>67310995

To be clear, in the type of case in the show there are TONS of procedural rules that would allow the judge to throw the case out, or remove it to another court, or some other bullshit, so most of the strategy in this case would come down to procedural motions like we saw in today's episode long before the case ever got to a jury (it probably wouldn't in real life).

Because the show sets this up as clearly sandpiper's fault, this would be a case where the defense would realize they are fucked at trial, and they would be trying anything to get the case dismissed on procedural rules, and if they get through discovery to the point before trial (trying to outspend the plaintiffs firms basically) they will settle.

HHM and Davis & Main would almost certainly working on contingency and NOT billable hours. They would take a (large) portion of the settlement or jury verdict because they are fronting all of their people's salaries etc. for at least a year. Plaintiffs firms in the US work on this type of arrangement when it's pretty likely that they will win and/or there will be a large cash settlement/verdict.

>>67311113

I'm finishing law school, but I work with an in-house counsel at consumer products company, so I deal with this kind of stuff pretty often, usually from the defense side. Basically I work with the people from the Bank that were at the meeting in the episode today. I tried to explain wtf Kim was doing on the phone last week.
>>
>>67309437
Because it's a comfy place for bacteria. Iktf, try to jizz in your belly button for that bonus scent.
>>
>>67309775
Being alone does that to you I guess.
>>
>>67310032
Shit taste tbqh
>>
This show is so boring and pedestrian.
>>
I love Slippin' Kimmy
>>
File: 1445824276877.jpg (38 KB, 405x343) Image search: [Google]
1445824276877.jpg
38 KB, 405x343
>>67310134
>it's a you almost could've get a peek at Kim's vag episode
>>
>>67312160

like ur comment HEHEHEHE
>>
>You will never have a CBT session with Kim
>>
In Breaking Bad, Hector was depicted as an insane lackey that pissed in his master's pool and killed someone for no reason.

I find it hard to believe he is so respectful of Mike here. Like what the fuck.
>>
>>67312441
>I find it hard to believe he is so respectful of Mike here. Like what the fuck.

Negotiation tactic, you naive fuck.
>>
>>67312441

He mirin the operator skillz
>>
>>67312464
No, not just that. In the following episode, Mike threatens him with a gun, badmouths him, and demands 50k. Hector doesn't go apeshit here and just complies.

That's out of fuckin character.
>>
>>67302891
asian business woman
>>
>>67312617
What is he supposed to do exactly, kill him?
>mike get beat up by a cartel member, cartel guy is sent to jail
>Mike is murdered few days later

I guess the Salamanca are feeling lonely and wants a bit of police attention?

Just like Nacho's "on the side" deals with PieGuy, it's in everyone's best interests that Mike stays alive and unharmed.
>>
>>67303017
there should be a prequel-SEASON for every charecter... s1 better call saul, s2 better call mike, s3 better call skinny pete, etc.
>>
>>67304301
I don't feel like the twins cameo was forced. They're the most intimidating guys out of the cartel, so of course Hector would get them to scare/threaten Mike.
>>
>>67312757
>Better Call Skinny Pete
FUCK YES, PLEASE
>>
>>67312757
>>67312815
They would find a way to make it boring.

badger > skinny pete
>>
>>67312747
No, he should kill Kaylee for Mike's defiance since he is already holding her life in his hands.
>>
>>67312857
Badger was boring AF
>>
>>67312135
>not liking thick adorable qties
>>
>>67302806
I'm in the 'you're a dumb ass' camp
>>
>>67302176

Whew, Kim put out a foot clinic this episode.
>>
>>67312865

He kills her, Mike talks to the cops, or kills Hector himself, or Mike killed and the cops find out anyway

Is it worth the hassle?
>>
>>67313492
>or kills Hector himself
Have you even watched BB?
>>
How old was Mike's grand daughter in BB?
>>
>>67313530
Oh yeah, good point, Hector knows he can't be killed at this stage in time so he should have just laughed Mike's threat off.
>>
>>67302176
this bitch is so fugly
couldnt they have cast an actress that was even a little bit more attractive?
i really want to like this show but its been a really boring 6 episodes
>>
>>67313597

wowwww please GO permanent
>>
>>67313567
Exactlyly, because Hector has watched BB unlike you.
>>
>>67313560
yea that's one thing that really takes me out of the whole time line aspect

she's like 10 in breaking bad, and she seems to be like 8 or 9 in BCS

she should be like 15 in breaking bad if she's 8 or 9 years old in bcs
>>
>>67313612
Are you legit retarded?
>>
>>67309877
>I also hate how Mike teacups his gun
He would've learned to shoot a billion years ago, makes perfect sense
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.