[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars tidbits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: YkHDHjJ.jpg (31 KB, 480x530) Image search: [Google]
YkHDHjJ.jpg
31 KB, 480x530
Some details about upcoming Star Wars movies. Leaks, if you want to say so.

>Disney is pushing LF very hard on having Han Solo's brother in the upcoming movies, they even considered retconning some already existing character into being Han's sibling.
>Neither Luke nor Leia are allowed to die.
>Luke won't have any action scenes in the upcoming movies, this idea apparently came from Abrams and everyone else agreed. It's possible he won't even leave his planet.
>Laura Dern is a new character and a title of 'a general'.
>Rey's background is pretty much non existent, it was left for Rian to explore, but Rian decided to leave her upcoming unexplained.
>Church of the force is one of the almost untouched themes Kasdan left behind, it's now getting expanded and looked into by SG, won't play any prominent role in Episode 8 though.
>Rogue One still didn't get a final cut, Disney is very cautious about its tone and reluctant to promote it the way it was made by Edwards. They insisted on him putting more action-adventure sequences that were later filmed out of schedule.
>RO was meant to be heavily promoted on the basis that the main character is female, however Disney is no longer sure of this approach.

Cheers.
>>
>>67299422
>>Laura Dern is a new character and a title of 'a general'.
Apparently she will be part of the resistance but has a very tense/distrustful relationship with both Leia and Poe.
>>
It's bullshit. All of it.
>>
>>67299422
Source with face, name and timestamp.
>>
>>67299422
Those kind of sound legitimate. But just because it's sounds like legitimate bullshit doesn't make it bullshit.
>>
>>67299422
>Rogue One still didn't get a final cut, Disney is very cautious about its tone and reluctant to promote it the way it was made by Edwards. They insisted on him putting more action-adventure sequences that were later filmed out of schedule.
>>RO was meant to be heavily promoted on the basis that the main character is female, however Disney is no longer sure of this approach
This movie will be out at least in 9 months and there's not even a sneak peek trailer or hype to it whatsoever.

Makes me wonder if Disney is not too sure about it. Maybe they think the Darth Vader scenes won't save it.
>>
>more fanfiction

no idea why people waste their time writing this shit when they don't even try to fake proof alongside it
>>
>>67299422
>colour the way you are supposed to
>not the way you want to
Star wars fans everyone.
>>
>>67300672
I can verify that everything in OP is true. Can't post proof because of the new method of watermarking (holographic).
>>
>>67300746
I can also attest to OP being entirely truthful. My dad works for Jon Disney personally and grabbed some personal files off his computer when he was busy one day getting Chipolte.
>>
>>67300746
My dad works for nintendo and that method isn't used because it isn't very secure.
>>
>>67299422
>Han Solo's brother

I can see Disney pulling shit like this. Then in the Han Solo origin movie they are planning, they show Han Solo and his brother as young kids that went their separate ways.
>>
>>67300619
I'm pretty sure they just want to make sure they want to milk every penny out of Ep 7. Wait until after the movie is out in disk format to start promoting it and get people back in star wars more.
>>
>there are EUcucks that think Snoke will turn out to be Ezra/Plagueis
>there are EUcucks that can't accept Revan isn't canon and the Old Republic will never get a movie
>there are EUcucks out there reading every shitty comic, cartoon and YA novel because they are "canon" even though the movies will never acknowledge

Why are Star Cucks so autistic?
>>
>>67299422
Damn this sucks. Criminally under using Luke here.
> Not in TFA
> Quarantined to Ach-To forever
> Not allowed to have a fight scene.

If these rumours are true a lot of fans will be pissed. They've been waiting to see Luke unleash hell.
>>
>>67299422
>Rey's background is pretty much non existent, it was left for Rian to explore, but Rian decided to leave her upcoming unexplained.
Better than her being a Skywalker.
>>
>>67299422
Requesting that picture that says "tv: fucking fortune tellers" and has a bunch of posts saying TFA sucks and is going to flop
>>
>>67300344
wanna try that one again boy?
>>
>>67301768
I wouldn't mind Luke not having a fight scene because at his age it would be hard for him to do, so you'd either get something stumbling and awkward or you'd go full Neo-level CGI.

Yoda's character as a great warrior was butchered in the prequels because he became a green pinball instead of the powerful ascetic he was in the originals. I hope they don't pull the same shit with Luke and make him inexplicably prone to fighting when his physical body should make that difficult.
>>
>luke = OT yoda
>rey = mary sue

not gonna happen. luke will go with rey vis a vis obi wan in iv, rey's backstory will largely be explained in viii like luke's in v

pretty sure or else rian johnson was set up from the beginning and will be out of the major picture business post-release.
>>
>>67302516
Also, we need to show that Luke has grown and matured as a character since the end of Return, leading on from his non-interventionist nature in that movie.

He has grown wise and powerful to the point that fighting shouldn't define him.

If he fought with a lightsaber, then he'd just be like another Jedi.

He needs to rise above this.
>>
>Rey's background is pretty much non existent

I wonder if they will sideline Rey and focus on Kylo, who is basically only the breakout character in the damn movie
>>
>>67302709
They'll need to build him back up into a credible threat again, what with his humiliating defeat.
>>
>>67302709
If Rey doesn't get an explanation for the sudden appearance and mastery of her Force powers, it's not going to be great. She has a past there, and they need to develop on it. Kylo's back story is pretty solid at this point besides the events leading up to and including his betrayal of Luke and the Jedi Order or whatever. Everything else can basically be reduced to him being a whiny teenager, and that's okay, because I don't want more moody Anakin bullshit.
>>
>>67302772
You people need to stop thinking like the prequels and believing that you need a family connection and midichlorians to be good at the force
>>
>>67302772
>explanation for the sudden appearance and mastery of her Force powers

Bond with Kylo, she's actually using his knoweldge, and not relaying on prior training.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 384x288
>>67302709
Kylo, but also Poe, who is basically the new Han Solo or Boba Fett at this point.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rey and Finn in a state of training, but Rey hardly requires it!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3508x2338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3508x2338
>>67302789
But why do they have these venturers stumbling into tremendous power?

Was Kasdan planning an exotic kind of religious colony for Jedi in training?
>>
>>67302637

I'd agree with that after he puts an end to his nephew's retarded edginess and the thing that got him started on the dark path as well.

Luke being non-interventionist at this point isn't wise development, it's retarded cowardice.
>>
>>67302893
>Was Kasdan planning an exotic kind of religious colony for Jedi in training?
>Church of the Force

probably
>>
>>67302789
I believe more in what the original trilogy showed us, fuck the prequels.

As it stands, Rey's Force development felt just a little too much like she was a prodigy to me - she masters telekinesis, mind-reading and manipulation in one movie.
In Empire, Luke opens up with his famous 'telekinesis-grab' in the Wampa cave, but it comes off as a moment of practised meditation, and by the end of the film, Yoda shows him that despite all that he has done, his powers are still weak, and ultimately, it takes Yoda's teachings to develop Luke's spirit and broaden his powers.

>>67302810
And I'd be perfectly fine with that, if they give more notice to Rey's backstory in the hopes of somewhat explaining her apparently natural ability to 'connect' in this way.
>>
>>67302899
Yoda was the same in the OT, but his role was training the next generation to take on the enemy.
>>
>>67302981

Luke's not as old as Yoda was in the OT, either comparatively or in numbers. He has no excuse not to directly assist Rey in defeating Snoke and Kylo.

Besides that, there's no reason for MORE elements of the sequel trilogy to be direct duplicates of the OT, so why don't we see something new?
>>
>>67299422
Assuming this is true, does it mean they're not so sure whether or not making her Luke's daughter then?
>>
ALLLLLL of that sounds awful
>>
>>67303123
Jeez Louise
She was never Lukes daughter
>>
I want the Supreme Commander to actually be a giant.
>>
>>67299497
No, part of the remaining republic fleet.
>>
File: mark-hamill-w-e.jpg (67 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
mark-hamill-w-e.jpg
67 KB, 1200x630
>Luke won't have any action scenes in the upcoming movies, this idea apparently came from Abrams and everyone else agreed. It's possible he won't even leave his planet.

So I guess if OP isn't lying, all that talk about Luke biding his strength to go after Snoke was bs. Shame, kinda wanted to see Luke go a little dark after all that shit with Kylo, the massacre, and Han's death, not to mention the general shittiness of his entire life. Oh well
>>
>>67302320
Her being a skywalker is literally the only way they can even remotely explain how powerful she is already
>>
>>67302810
Yeah I wouldn't mind the whole Force bond theory, because it means that if one of them dies the other dies as well, unless they sever the connection.

I think it would be better if Rey kills Kylo and that bland bitch dies along with him due to the bond.
>>
>>67301057
>Ezra/Plagueis
>EU
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>67299422
>Neither Luke nor Leia are allowed to die.
Good.
>Luke won't have any action scenes in the upcoming movies, this idea apparently came from Abrams and everyone else agreed.
I'm okay with action scenes which show his Force abilities and minimal use of the lightsaber. Otherwise it'll either be Episode III Yoda or Episode IV Obi-Wan
>>
File: 1458602058432.webm (1 MB, 1216x520) Image search: [Google]
1458602058432.webm
1 MB, 1216x520
>>67299422
>>Luke won't have any action scenes in the upcoming movies, this idea apparently came from Abrams and everyone else agreed. It's possible he won't even leave his planet.

But Daisy Ridley said Luke does cool shit in VIII.
>>
>>67305156
Yoda did a cool shit, too
>>
>>67305275

Great job switching the argument.
>>
>>67300156
What you did there, I see.
But, yeah, bullshit.
>>
>>67299422
>LF
Who?
>>
>>67305400
Lucasfilm, I guess
>>
>>67305156
cool shit=! action scenes
>>
>>67299422
>Laura Dern is a new character and a title of 'a general'.

I believe her character's name is General Muh'diq
>>
>>67300619
There will be a trailer for it before Civil War, I'm sure.
>>
File: doc45725815_437186489.gif (2 MB, 504x224) Image search: [Google]
doc45725815_437186489.gif
2 MB, 504x224
>>67299422
I just want Reylo.
>>
>>67300619
Star Wars doesn't need fucking promotion. Just slap that shit on anything and it will make millions
>>
File: clonewar.jpg (56 KB, 309x502) Image search: [Google]
clonewar.jpg
56 KB, 309x502
>>67306623
maybe
>>
>>67306753
Is this a bad box office gross or a good one?
>>
>>67307732
Yes
>>
>>67306148
Reylo is shit.
>>
File: teethfu.jpg (46 KB, 306x339) Image search: [Google]
teethfu.jpg
46 KB, 306x339
>>67308219
No, it's not.
>>
>>67301057
What does Plagueis have to do with KotOR, pray tell?
>>
>>67299422
>Disney is very cautious about its tone and reluctant to promote it the way it was made by Edwards. They insisted on him putting more action-adventure sequences that were later filmed out of schedule.
Fuck Disney

>>67299422
>RO was meant to be heavily promoted on the basis that the main character is female, however Disney is no longer sure of this approach.
Yay Disney!
>>
>luke
>takes 3 movies to fully understand the force and how to use it
>still not a full force master at the end
>acknowledged that he couldn't do it on his own and sought out help

>rey
>literally mastered the force in one single scene
>out skilled a trained lightsaber user even though she's had no training whatsoever
>don't want the help from the people around her
>'muh jukka
>'muh parents

why the fuck do people like her?
>>
>>67308595
>Something is similar to the OT
>It SUCKS, it's the SAME movie!

>Something is different from the OT
>It SUCKS, it's not the SAME movie!
>>
>>67299422
This sounds absolutely shit. It better be fake.
>>
>>67302830
Please god no. Poe is good for eye candy but as a character he's fucking shit.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.