[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 10cl.png (814 KB, 1061x663) Image search: [Google]
10cl.png
814 KB, 1061x663
What did you think, /tv/?
>>
Thought it was great until the ending went full retard
>>
0 rewatchability
>>
I loved it, didn't mind the ending, it felt like a teaser for what was to come and that made it work well I thought.
>>
It was great. Very suspenseful and claustrophobic in the bomb shelter, and I liked the design of the ayys at the end. MEW's character had a nice little arc. Good performances all around. Does a lot with very little.
>>
>>67279371
>>67279371
>>67279371
This, although what do expect from JJ?
>>
File: 1455724155062.jpg (48 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
1455724155062.jpg
48 KB, 469x505
Would've been better if the fucking title didn't have "Cloverfield" in it.

Was hoping for an elaborate ruse from Goodman instead of "ayyy lmao"

Anyone else shit bricks in that Santa scene?
>>
>>67279409
>rewatching movies

I haven't rewatched the same movie in years.
>>
>>67279459
Goodman lying would've been too predictable. What made the movie was that he was both a crazy fucker and he just happened to be right. You never really knew how to feel about him.

I shat myself at

>little...princess...?

and the gun/barrel scene
>>
John Goodman was great. They set up some really good ambiguity with the characters, never quiet knowing who or what to trust. Well acted, well directed, great sound design.

Then they literally threw it all in the garbage for a horribly cliche sci fi / monster action sequence you expect from a syfy movie.
>>
>>67279371
This.

It would've been great if it were anything but a Cloverfield movie.

Goes from a claustrophobic psychological thriller one moment into an alien actions movie in the next.
>>
ending would have been fine if the CGI was better and the confrontation more exciting.

I'll like it even more in retrospect if this is indeed a set up for the Half-Life universe.
>>
>>67279533
I was getting that pedo vibe during that 'little princess' scene.
>>
I didn't mind the alien ending because she realized Howard was right all along and she was probably safer in the bunker.
>>
Atleast it wasn't Russians. When she left that's all I was expecting was full hazmat Russian operator to stand up from the corn and shoot her
>>
>>67280053
>dat hazmat suit
>dat houndeye
>dat combine gunship
>dat mercy hospital emergency call
>dat red light event
>dat final scene with portal storms on the way to Houston

You think so...?
>>
what are the odds a girl is wearing the same gaudy earrings in her high school picture the day she was kidnapped.
>>
>>67279339
Pretty good. The aliens "twist" was fine. MEW blowing up an alien ship with just random objects from her car's glove compartment was not fine.
>>
>>67280446
what are the odds that the blood is still viscous even though she was killed at least a month or two before it was found.

BRAVO JJ
>>
>>67279475
It'd be one of those movies if it was on a movie channel I'd probably watch it again. And maybe a third time if I was bored.
>>
>tfw MEW will never tease you with her stinky feet
>>
Anyone feel they'd rather live with Howard and Emmett than try to escape?
>>
>>67281390
For sure.

But basically what everyone else said, last 20 minutes drop the film's scores significantly.

Who seriously wanted an action scene that dumb? Why did this have to be a cloverfield film? For fuck sake why weren't the writers taught the simple little words 'less is more'?
>>
>>67281544
Not in this age of cinema where everyone wants more more more or else the film gets labeled "slow and boring"
>>
Overrated. They should have played on the mind games harder, I didn't find any of it surprising except how quickly toward the end the relationships deteriorated

The ending is underrated barring the bit where she turns to go to the resistance, that was a bit too much cheese. The aliens and dialogue get too much shit, they weren't that bad
>>
>>67279533
Yea best part was how he had a theory that there was a race of mutant worms that took over and he was right.
>>
From the ARG, Howards family did exist and they are really trying to stay away from him. That caused him to snap fully and begin the work on his bunker. He then kidnapped that girl who he claimed was Megan. She probably died in the acid when she couldn't take it anymore.

Mostly he was crazy, but also right. The ARG was okay, but not the same level as Cloverfield.
Also, fuck the title
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.