[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since Warcraft and Assassin's Creed are coming out this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: 4467035.jpg (3 MB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
4467035.jpg
3 MB, 2560x2560
Since Warcraft and Assassin's Creed are coming out this year with Rachet and Clank coming, and Portal and Half Life in the works, are we ushering in the era of vidyashit? If so what other games will start following suite?
>>
>>67278102
what fuckin story can rat and cuck with portal tell?
none
i think warcraft will break records, because of the game only obiously
>>
>>67278102
Assassins Creed is based on a book moron
>>
File: vidyashit.png (4 MB, 1460x2620) Image search: [Google]
vidyashit.png
4 MB, 1460x2620
>>67278102
Yes, vidyashit is the new capeshit
>>
>Vidyashit
doesn't have the same ring to it.
what about Clickshit?
>>
Well it has to be better than capeshit, sure capeshit was fucking great but it's era should be over now.
But it's fucking not, not by a long shit, i dunno vidyashit has never worked, doom for example, (fuck you i liked it) but i was a failure overall.
>>
>>67278102
vidyashit will never be popular, it will flop like the other dozen times they tried to make it so. Deal with it. Capeshit has at least another 5 good years ahead.
>>
>>67278174

angry birds is such fucking garbage

it was honestly fucking disgusting seeing it everywhere here in finland
>>
>>67278248
When did they ever try to make it popular?
I can only think of Uwe Boll
>>
>>67278170
That are based on the fucking game you idiot
>>
>>67278304
stop being a stupid cunt. Fuck you kids can't even use google these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamut_%28Bartol_novel%29
>>
>>67278290
The Resident Evil and Silent Hill movies.
Big emphasis on CGI and 3D action.
Silent Hill 1 was okay so long as you know absolutely nothing about the source material.
>>
>>67278290
Super Mario Bros, Double Dragon, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, on the top of my head during the 90s.
>>
Niggers
>>
File: asdada.png (83 KB, 142x221) Image search: [Google]
asdada.png
83 KB, 142x221
Who pierces their own fucking teeth?
>>
I hope every single one of these cash-grabbing pieces of shit fails.

>Warcraft
Too afraid to release WC4, because they know they don't have the skill needed to make it good, so they release a CGI movie.

>Assassin's Creed
Guys, we keep shitting out these bad games, like, two a year. What else can we do to milk this dead cow even more?

>Angry Birds
I don't think games have any story to them. So why are they even making a movie about this shit?
>>
File: lip-plating.jpg (48 KB, 1236x700) Image search: [Google]
lip-plating.jpg
48 KB, 1236x700
>>67278597
You know it would be a real thing if people had tusks

People do all kinds of shit just cause they can
>>
>>67278597
Orcs = Negros
>>
Wew
>>
>>67278597
if people had theeths like that many would.
>>
Call of duty is next
>>
Do we really need to have this thread every day
>>
>>67278102
Crusader Kings
>>
>>67278102
Metro 2033/Last Light movie when?
>>
File: MGSV_The_Phantom_Pain_boxart.jpg (169 KB, 300x370) Image search: [Google]
MGSV_The_Phantom_Pain_boxart.jpg
169 KB, 300x370
We better get this in the theater
>>
>>67280122
I would like to watch a movie starting in Metal Gear Solid and then build the franchise going back and forth like the games. I would rewatch that.
Problem is that most people that played the games would go batshit when most of the story gets rewritten
>>
>>67280046
It's in the works already
>>
>>67278102
>are we ushering in the era of vidyashit? If so what other games will start following suite?

It does looks like it. Activision-Blizzard have opened a studio to bring their IPs to the screens. But it is still early to really be sure if other Vidya companies will enter the dance. The performances of both Warcraft and AC will determine if this is a good business or not for other big players in the video game industry. EA, Valve and co are all watching very closely.
For now the Warcraft movies are distributed by Universal, but it wouldn't be surprising if one day, with box office successes, they'll end up doing everything in house. They already have a global infrastructure in place after all.

The foray of video game multinationals could be a good thing for Hollywood, and/or a bad thing.
The marketing culture in the video game industry has higher standards than Hollywood majors. Games are becoming a 24/7 service, gamer communities are extremely vocal and have many times influenced developing and marketing teams. The opposite of Majors in Hollywood really who only listen to their own marketing dept execs, who basically use very small local test panels and the very shady MPAA rating to guide them. Sony pictures is the best example of this old fashioned marketing. To shake this sad state of affairs in Hollywood wouldn't be a bad thing.

Movie ratings are an interesting topic too regarding video game multinationals. They are way more used to do PG 17 and rated R than any Major ever. This could shift things a bit and their relationship with the MPAA might prove difficult on some projects. Hard to imagine a PG13 Dead rising or a PG13 Diablo. Easier to imagine a PG 17 Call of Duty with graphic action.

>>
>>
>>67278102
i hope they make one about half life. that game was neat when i was a kid.
>>
>>67280293
continued

Now for the bad, I don't think every game is adaptable. Some will require a lot of work, and I do not mean VFX here.

Also if these 2 movie experiments are successfull, Warcraft and AC I mean, there could very well be an avalanche of vidyashit in the next decade. Majors will try to secure deals directly with big vidya companies, and fast. In a sense this has already begun. Majors will want to keep control of the distribution monopoly they currently still enjoy. It's expensive to shoot in Hollywood, and the world is a big place with tons of movie studios and crews that are cheaper. Distribution seems to be a key negocating point for Majors if they want their share in the vidyashit.

It could be creatively bad as well. Hollywood is struggling hard to find original good scripts that connect with mass audiences. It's so much easier to just buy the rights of a franchise and adapt it. Tolkien, Twilight, Marvel, it doesn't matter as long as it has a strong fan base and lore ready to use.
This would maintain and reinforce the status quo for original scripts. The business model won't change a bit. We'll keep getting bigger blockbusters one after the other, and lesser and lesser smaller budget movies.
A point could be made that there are already too many movies saturating the market right now. A movie's success is decided in less than 2 weeks after release in our age. An avalanche of vidyashit will not help on this front.

Well that's all I got FOR YOU /tv/
>>
>>67278102

Deus Ex HR and Halo when?
>>
>>67280290
Oh shit really?
>>
>>67280397
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395896/

http://www.pcgamer.com/metro-2033-is-being-made-into-a-film/

Yeah really
>>
>>67280447
Thanks anon!
>>
>>67280122
Unless they completely changed the tone of the writing and stuff like that, I think this would flop.

Metal Gear has a weird contrast between over-the-top drama with silly self-awareness that doesn't bode well to people that aren't familiar with the series.

Yet changing that would remove some of the series' soul and what makes it so good.
>>
>>67280332
>Director of District 9 was going to do a Halo movie but instead chose to do District 9
this was pretty shit
>>
>>67280589
Nah the studio decided to cancel the Halo movie so he made District 9

>tfw Halo Landfall trailer is what the Halo movie could have been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyOAdrxlPVs
>>
They're probably gonna make an Uncharted movie.
>>
File: 1433034994913.jpg (175 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1433034994913.jpg
175 KB, 960x960
>Portal and Half Life in the works

what?
>>
>>67278174
>Half Life
>Portal

>JJ Abrams

I want to fucking kill that man after what he did to Star Wars
>>
File: 1451126064207.jpg (164 KB, 354x431) Image search: [Google]
1451126064207.jpg
164 KB, 354x431
>>67281043
yeah you should be very nervous considering JJ has his production company in the starting blocks to do these 2
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.