[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hannibal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: griotta.gif (37 KB, 366x200) Image search: [Google]
griotta.gif
37 KB, 366x200
I think this scene should be more memorable. I never saw it mentioned anywhere. You think that the sentence like "Hey, remember when Ray Liotta was fed with his own brain in that movie?" would have some punch to it.
>>
This scene completely ruined the atmosphere of the film. I was really tense for most of it, but I couldn't help but laugh histerically at this.

The next scene kinda brought it back tho.
>>
silence of the lambs and red dragon were somewhat grounded in reality, but this shit was bonkers
i'm not saying it wasn't entertaining, but it was more like a cartoon
>>
>>67276526
Maybe the delivery was bad. Who knows what some other actor would do with that scene.
>>
>>67276618
Never understood how Brett Ratner got more out of Lecter than Ridley Scoot.
>>
>>67276642
are you saying ray liotta cant play a man who's had the top of his head sawed off and parts of his brain removed?
>>
File: wall.jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wall.jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
>>67276675
I said maybe
>>
File: 1437364997635.png (134 KB, 317x392) Image search: [Google]
1437364997635.png
134 KB, 317x392
Why do people enjoy this tripe?
>>
>>67276745
Good one tbqh senpai
>>
File: 737219.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
737219.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
>>67276811
>he didn't go to bovine university
>>
The scene in Scary Movie 2 parodying it was more memorable than the actual scene itself.
>>
I remember seeing Hannibal in theaters and people had to be "screened" before going in, i.e. they checked tickets -- which they do now, but back then it was novel.

That scene was pretty outrageous, but considering Lecter's character, it wasn't really wild.
>>
>>67276960
Damn. Should have put those two together.
>>
File: li345oa234.jpg (72 KB, 825x464) Image search: [Google]
li345oa234.jpg
72 KB, 825x464
>>67276745
I don't really wanna know, sorry
>>
>>67276456
maybe because it, like the rest of the movie, was completely retarded?
>>
>>67277009
screened for elderly/heart problems? That's a gimmick or publicity stunt

They aren't held liable if anything happens and it would be good publicity if someone did faint
>>
This is all pretty much why why Jonathan Demme and Jodie Foster didn't return.

Thomas Harris put a ton of work into his novels. They're all meticulously researched well crafted police forensic stories with an element of Southern Gothic horror and a fuck ton of psychology. When he had a monster hit with Silence of the Lambs and the movie adaptation he really didn't have the time he needed to capitalize with a sequel. Instead he just totally indulged himself and churned out a pulpy gruesome shlockfest, pure old school creep out horror. If you read / watch the first two books it's obvious that Hannibal was never a character meant to be out in the open. The whole point is he's locked in a cage but it still feels like he's running the show because he's super intelligent and a master manipulator. That's why his escape in SotL is such a great OH SHIT IT'S ALL OVER moment. When try to follow that up by showing it in action you just get a cheesy slasher movie villain. Oh wow, Hannibal stabbed another guy in a poetic ironic way... crazy... yawn....

Bryan Fuller fixed all this by creating a super surreal world where Hannibal was pretty much just the Devil.
>>
>>67277085
Yeah, it was a gimmick thing. It was still fun, though.
>>
>>67277089
>it's obvious that Hannibal was never a character meant to be out in the open

Good point.
>>
>>67277089
Jodie didn't want to be in it because the novel Hannibal just kinda just makes Clarice (the independent strong woman) kind of irrelevant. Even after all she fought for, even she eventually falls under his spell and they run away happily ever after.
>>
>>67277089
>Bryan Fuller fixed all this by creating a super surreal world where Hannibal was pretty much just the Devil.

It's crazy how Fuller took the subtext between Will and Hannibal in like the two scenes of Red Dragon that Hannibal is in and made a whole show based on it that's arguably better than anything else the franchise produced. The whole thing is based on one specific line of dialogue where Hannibal implies that Will was able to catch him because of a connection between the two of them.
>>
>>67278560
Yeah but then he added all the cheesy romance shit, like Hannibal leaving Will a butchered body in the shape of a broken heart.
>>
>>67276456
I never understood why this movie was so hated. This scene disturbs me to this day. Then again, I have an irrational fear of brain damage/lobotomy so that may be why.
>>
>>67276456
That scene horrified me and has always stuck with me.
>>
>>67276456
>>67276526
it was scarier in the books. i mean it's kind of horrifying to imagine. taking part in your own lobotomy.
>>
Brain is unbelievably delicious, like the best sausage you ever had.
>>
>>67278638
Very risky to eat, though,
>>
>>67278628
I read Hannibal when I was 12 and was really blown away. Couldn't believe what I was reading, especially that scene.
>>
CORDELL?!
>>
>>67278595

That's just Hannibal being an asshole in a way that he thinks he's above Will and everyone else, taunting them like always.
>>
>>67278656
cuz prions
>>
File: rude.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rude.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
What about this scene?
>>
>>67278769
That was gnarly. Worst thing for me was Hannibal gutting Will. Seeing the little wet bits hit the floor, that's when I realized I was done with that retarded show.
>>
>>67278823
>wet bits
You mean blood?
>>
File: asimov-jk-sagan.png (319 KB, 480x461) Image search: [Google]
asimov-jk-sagan.png
319 KB, 480x461
>>67278659
i read it when it first came out
>really dig the verger character
>mfw giant monster pigs are introduced
>>
>>67278595
I always thought that the the romance angle was misinterpreted by audiences.

I don't think Will or Hannibal get hard over each other, I think they feel intense philos. They both feel like freaks in their world and only the other person understands that burden.

If Hannibal got community'd if they explored anything with the two running off it'd be a lot more of subtextual killings and almost no literal homolust
>>
>>67278880
It was blood + some little bits of whatever. Anyway it was grisly as fuck.
>>
>>67276674

Because making him the main character makes him less scary?
>>
>>67278604
Because it turned what was originally a haunting psychological thriller that scared you more with the fucked up mind games of Hannibal and the psychosis of Buffalo Bill and turned it into a gory hack and slash. Hannibal himself was turned into a Mary sue superhero because Thomas Harris went fucking insane
>>
>>67278823
But that episode was the apex of the show, why watch that far only to drop it there?
Although considering how shitty S3 was, that was probably smart.
>>
the thing that stuck out with me from any Hannibal novel was how soft he was with Jack Crawford, and that note he wrote him on the day of his wifes funeral just fucking got me.
>>
File: serveimage (1).gif (723 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).gif
723 KB, 200x150
>mfw no Hannibal adaption shows Mason Verger's sister as a dyke bodybuilder
>>
>>67276674
Jesus Christ, how did I never know Bret Ratner directed it? It's gotta be his best film. It's not a great film but I actually liked Red Dragon, while I hate everything else he made.
>>
>>67276456
A friend of mine made a funny comment to me during this scene right as it got real quiet. Anyways like 10 strangers sitting near us heard it and burst out laughing. Fuck I wish I remember what he said.
>>
File: 1450591350595.png (163 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
1450591350595.png
163 KB, 640x472
>>67279119
So basically I did the right thing. Good to know.
>>
>>67279119
season 3 was goat
the first 4 episodes were slow as fuck though
>>
>>67279168
Maybe you werent familiar with his work when you saw the movie the first time. I rewatched it a few days ago and after I saw it on the title screen I thought "Shit, maybe this isnt such a good idea." but I kept at it because of Norton an Fiennes.
>>
>>67278604
>>67278620

Glad to see there are some exceptions.
>>
>>67278769

Never thought about watching the series. Seems alright. Now I do something while waiting for Silicon Valley.
>>
>>67278949

It's more of burden for Will, while Hannibal is just incredibly fascinated by him because no one really knows or cares what Will is, other than Hannibal.

Will survives his manipulation at the end and Hannibal gains newfound respect for him, even though Hannibal "failed".
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.