[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When capeshit has been fully drained, will Hollywood milk anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
When capeshit has been fully drained, will Hollywood milk anime adaptations?
I feel like Ghost in the Shell will test the waters and if it's successful, there goes everything you once cherished
>>
Cowbop Beboy and Akira are coming too
>>
>>67275151
Video games have way more potential than anime.

There are only like, 5 anime that have could make a profit out of a live action adaptation.
>>
File: goose.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
goose.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1200
Why don't they just write original movies?
>>
>>67275209
Why do that when you can guarantee profit from nostalgia?
>>
>>67275168
they already did Chronicles
Cb would require some money, and they will do it only if hollywood goes full anime adaptatio, like capeshit now
>>
File: n6xmy7fYS51rzl3cno1_500.gif (919 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
n6xmy7fYS51rzl3cno1_500.gif
919 KB, 500x320
>>67275151
GiTS works because it is drawn, also the plot would be too complex for anyone to follow that isn't interested in the subject. Look at Ex-Machina, that is probably the most the general public could get from the whole plot, meaning GitS in order to make money has to be retarded down for the general audience.
>>
>jap shit
>in my kino

No thanks. I'd rather another decade of capeshit.
>>
>>67275151
I want a Psycho Pass movie.
It's the kind of movie that would actually benefit from having its setting changed to America, since over there issues of freedom vs security, privacy and gun control are more prevalent.
Dominators are basically "a good guy with a gun" brought to its extreme.
>>
>>67275549
Would love any kind of live action PP adaptation. Movie, miniseries, just do it.
>>
>>67275168
CB has been "coming soon" for a decade now.

The thing is from a western perspective it's a no-brainer since almost no one in the primary cast is Asian, so no one to piss off with western appropriation.

>>67275151
Probably. It's a reliatively untapped market in terms of western audiences. And I wouldn't be surprised if they give Final Fantasy another try as a movie
>>
>>67275590
It could work as a TV miniseries. They'd just have to remove the mechs and robots to keep it under budget.
>>
>>67275151
>>67275168
please don't
>>
>>67275151
>there goes everything you once cherished

why? will it alter the content of the original ghost in the shell in some way? because I don't think it will and you're just an overreactive gay homosexual
>>
File: Johan.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
Johan.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
>>67275151
>>67275168
Guillermo del Toro was also interested in doing Monster
>>
>>67275913
HBO series with Keanu as Tenma; it will be shit otherwise.
>>
>>67275913
so what happened with that?
>>
>>67275993
Guillermo got sidetracked by his dozen other projects
>>
>>67275515
Or you can go Matrix way, throw out some new agey bullshit together with "the system lies" metaphors, and you'll blow some idiots' minds. You don't even need to make sense, you just need to sound cool.
>>
>>67276109
GitS film could work good as a SAC series, however IMO they should make a different show altogether and take SAC as a reference. the 2nd gig though.

And even then I believe it would be to complicated for people to follow and would have to be dumbed down to House of Cards tier.
>>
>>67276184
I think that the issue here isn't whether if it could "work" or not. The thing is that this adaptation is simply pointless. Even if they somehow manage to avoid making it suck. At the very best they make a huge earning, although I doubt they even care about that; this shitty movies feel like an excuse to wash money or something, because I'll never believe that anyone in his sane mind would green-light pieces of shit such as DB Involution or Chun Li's movie.
>>
File: Batou.jpg (224 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Batou.jpg
224 KB, 800x533
>>67275151

Vin Diesel as Batou
>>
>>67276281
tfw this was Robin Williams' favorite movie, and he wanted to play the section nine chief.
>>
>>67275208

That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>67275151

>there goes everything you once cherished

Only retards have gotten their hopes up about live action adaptations after the Aeon Flux movie.
>>
>>67275515
>the plot would be too complex for anyone to follow that isn't interested in the subject.

no it isnt, there is so much exposistion in the dialogue, you can close your eyes and treat it as an audiobook
>>
>>67275151
LEAVE GITS ALONE YOU FUCKING JEWS

IT SUFFERED ENOUGH WITH ARISE

LET THE LEGACY LIVE IN HONOR
>>
File: gendo.jpg (3 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
gendo.jpg
3 KB, 160x120
>robin williams will never get to play live action gendo like he wanted to
>>
File: riddickulous.jpg (155 KB, 1400x937) Image search: [Google]
riddickulous.jpg
155 KB, 1400x937
>>67276281

Vin has what it takes to pull of goggle eyes

Fund it
>>
>>67277862
all these people thinking GitS is some philosophical piece of art
>>
>>67276109
>somebody didn't understand the matrix

It was redpilled as fuck famalam,I guess it went over some people's heads though.
>>
>>67278240
it's not but it is way above an average american. you may look at GitS for the plot, but if I ask you the for example the relation between the may 15th uprising of 1932 with the story of the SAC 2nd gig and how it references to the plot, your answer will be "the fuck I care it's just animu".
>>
>>67278240

Nobody said that.

The constant dialogue about fictional organizations and things that have happened, or are happening, which are usually only mentioned once and never again, along with the general techno babble, would literally put general audiences to sleep.
>>
>>67275151
I wouldn't mind a Hollywood adaptation of Last Exile if only because of the diselpunk airship line battles.

Then again, they adapted Kite and it was shit.
>>
>>67277968
Didn't know about this, thank you.

My day is ruined.
>>
Peter Jackson should make a 9 hour, shot for shot, live action Baccano! trilogy.

You'd have to marathon the entire thing to have any idea what was going on half the time.
>>
>>67275151

>Anime and manga adaptations are becoming the new YA shit

It's not Capeshit which is dying out, it's shitty YA novels like Hunger Games, Divergent, Twilight, Harry Potter, etc. Which are all falling out of favour
>>
>>67278645
nothing lasts forever. Capeshit (which i like) has until the end of the third Avengers. That will be the end of the era 2008-18.

YA novels are directed towards a niche audience. Harry Potter was the only one which was good because it needed to be, divergent maze games is just there for teenage girls, it can be shit
>>
>>67279118

I can definitely see the public becoming less interested after Infinity Way comes out, if Marvel are smart then that's when they should just go more niche rather than mainstream if they make several movies post-Infinity War which flop.

Then again I can see Americans catching onto the light novel craze and writing their own, though because light novels are strictly a Japanese thing I don't see it catching on so well over there and doing terribly.
>>
I want an HBO Berserk series more than anything
>>
>>67279838

So a less interesting GoT?
>>
HBO needs to do a episodic World War Z based directly off of the book. Ive been saying this for years
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.