[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did this actually happen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Bill-Clinton.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Clinton.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
My wife just told me (and then we failed to find any proof of it) that some time in the late 1990's, during his presidency, MTV had a CGI animated show (or I would think it was some kind pf special) that aired after school, where he would try to engage young people and inform them about politics, or something like that.

She is very adamant that it was some poorly done CGI rendition of the president, but I get the feeling that for the time, traditional animation or even puppetry might have been the flavor. But yeah, if you remember it, was it CGI?

The real shame is, googling anything "Clinton" returns stuff about this current election cycle.

Did this happen or is she misremembering a bit on one of their comedy or even news shows? I just don't believe her that it was a real thing.
>>
>>67264948
I do remember some young people show where he walked around the audience with a mic, but it wasn't CGI.

I remember some retard asking "boxers or briefs?"
>>
Never happened that I can remember. 99 was Britney Spears, Eminem era right? I stopped watching it by then but I'm sure I would've heard someone talk about it.
>>
Is it possible for me to lick my own asshole?
>>
>>67264948
Wasn't this a running gag on Conan's show? Picture of Bill with overlaid moving lips... like one of those old cartoon shows. Doesn't rise to the level of CGI though.
>>
>>67265008
That was exactly what I said to her. That that was probably what she was remembering. Additionally, I told her that anything she might get on google that wasn't relating to this year, would be that. And that's exactly what came up.

It was funny, she lamented that she would have to ask /tv/, then left the room. It'll break her heart when she gets back.
>>
>>67264948
Celebrity death match?
>>
celebrity death match?
>>
>>67265088
Holy fuck I miss that shit
>>
>>67265088
That method of "animation" is called syncro-vox, actually. And I asked her outright if that was what it was. She said no.

It probably never happened.
>>
Mandela Effect

this reminds me of some aussie show with an animated talk show host
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jApTh6VwgHI
>>
>>67265294
That's fucking bizarre. I'm going to show that to her in a few seconds.

She just conferred with someone else, who said it was in the style of Max Headroom. The little head on the screen jittering. But that just puts more weight onto the "she's misremembering Conan's bits" side of the scale.
>>
>>67264948
it was total request life but it had carson (not johnny) not clinton
>>
are you sure you're not thinking of celebrity death match?
>>
>>67264948
There was a CGI Bill, called Virtual Bill, but it was never a show. They used him as a bumper between things, where he would say things that Bill never would. What I remember most is him saying "Have you guys heard the new Chemical Brothers album" and he proceeds to play a bit of it.
>>
>>67265870
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKsZaryjd3c

That's hilarious. Thank you.

Also, I believe that this is what she was remembering, BUT she is certain it is not. I don't put any faith in her at this point. Thank you for easing my mind, anyway.

Why isn't this still a thing?
>>
Holy shit OP I think I remember watching the same thing when I was a kid. There was a weird bit where he talks to a bikini babe, I mean weird in retrospect because it was before his affair was all over the news. My older brother used to make fun of me for watching it for some reason, maybe he'll remember what it's called. Fuck, he works late, I'll shoot him a text and see if he remember the name.
>>
>>67266042
I await your report.
>>
>>67266042
>>67266200
I texted my brother and he called me back. I asked him about when I was little and if he remembered a show about an animated Bill Clinton. He was surprised I could remember that and I asked him why. He said "Because I used to think it was so strange that you said 'I’m gonna go watch the 3D Bill Clinton show now, Anon' and then you would tune the tv to static and just watch dead air for 30 minutes. You had a big imagination with your little Bill Clinton show."
>>
File: What-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg (70 KB, 540x544) Image search: [Google]
What-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg
70 KB, 540x544
>>67266214
>>
Is this thread a Candle Cove spinoff or something?
>>
>>67266214
Brilliant, Max Landis is gonna make a fortune off this.
>>
>>67266706
Candle Cove nigga
>>
>>67266214
2spoopy
>>
File: 1450602789472.jpg (37 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1450602789472.jpg
37 KB, 736x736
>Bill Clinton Cove
Who would the Skin Taker be?
>>
>>67267216
Gore?
>>
>>67266042
>weird in retrospect because it was before his affair was all over the news

His "affair" was all over the news before he was event president.

When he was running for the nomination there was an huge scandal of a woman coming forward accusing him of sexual misconduct during his Governorship of Arkansas, and a string of other sordid affairs was unearthed.

He beat the rap in the court of public opinion for being so likable and everybody forgot, stopped caring, or placed the blame on the victim until, lo and behold, the horndog was up to his old tricks back in the white house.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPBZtIYRsJc

Probably thinking of this.
>>
>>67267216
Hillary
>>
>>67264948
your wife is a whore
>>
>>67265294
am I the only one who had a near death experience during 2004?
>>
>>67265008
I think that was one of MTV's "rock the vote" programs. It would have been 91 or 92.

Beavis and butthead parodied it.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.