[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony killed Ghostbusters as an IP.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault-1748x984.jpg (233 KB, 1748x984) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1748x984.jpg
233 KB, 1748x984
>Remember there was a period where there were two Ghostbusters films being discussed? There was the one from Paul Feig, which we’re going to see this summer, and then there was one from the Russo Brothers that was going to star Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt.

>Well, as one might have expected from the deafening silence surrounding that project, it’s completely dead and buried with no chance at becoming a non-repeating phantasm, or a class-5 free roaming vapor.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3383897/russo-brothers-ghostbusters-confirmed-dead/
>>
>>67263578
>Actual good movie idea doesn't make deadline.
>Shit movie idea goes forward, and will possibly kill the rebirthed franchise in it's crib, or even worse, break 100 million because of actor name brand recognition and will justify them greenlighting more of the same shit.

Darkest Timeline.
>>
>>67264536
>or even worse, break 100 million because of actor name brand recognition

i doubt that will happen, Sony thought Adam Sandler would be a big enough draw for Pixels and we know how that turned out.
>>
>Pratt and Tatum busting ghosts

This is something that would actually work!
>>
>>67265835
I am down personally for a mixed cast GB film.

Pratt, Tatum, and possibly two females?

I opt that we save Girl-Gon from this shit reboot as she's the only cool chick in it. Who would you cast as a female that could work well alongside Pratt and Tatum? Someone funny.
>>
>>67263578
>and then there was one from the Russo Brothers that was going to star Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt.

uh, why the fuck didn't they run with that?

that would have actually done well
>>
There's only one good Ghostbusters movie anyway so the fewer the better. Let em rot.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 245x400
>tfw the male version would have better eye candy
Feels bad
>>
>>67265604

>Sony thought Adam Sandler would be a big enough draw for Pixels and we know how that turned out.

Budget: $88 million
Box office: $243.6 million

The shit sells, so Sandler keeps his job.
>>
This shit show of a movie will bomb, and the studio will go:

>"Oh, well I guess the GB franchise just isn't a viable product anymore. It's totally not our fault we made a shit movie no one wanted, it's just that GB is totally unmarketable to todays market. Oh Well. Maybe we'll try again in 20 years.

Fuck life.
>>
>>67263578
That sounds awful too. Might as well throw in will ferral and we can have an assclown show.
>>
>>67266098
Ferral would be on step too far. Then we'd definitely be in "Meet the Spartans/Scary Movie" tier filmmaking.
>>
Who gives a shit dude Ghostbusters sucks ass and people only fellate the first movie so hard because of le epic Bill Murray and because it's a movie from their childhood when they were still happy and hopeful and thought they'd grow up to be millionaires and athletes instead of pathetic office drones.
>>
I just wish no new Ghostbusters movies were coming out.
It was better when it was one of those "that's so 80's" deals.

Now I get to see balding cucklets pretending busting makes them feel good while they berate people simply for being a white fucking male!
>>
>>67266082

They didn't get $243.6 million. They got maybe half that if lucky (since they get less money from the international box office), so if they're lucky they get $122 million.

But on top of that:

>As of October 30, 2015, Pixels has grossed $78.6 million in North America and $164.7 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $244.1 million.[3] The film cost $110 million to produce but after rebates had its budget reduced to $88 million.[54] Additionally another $57 million was spent on prints and advertising putting its total cost at $145 million

>spend $145 million
>get $122 million back
>>
>>67265835
this.
>>
>>67266190
I fellate the first movie because I liked the tech and the idea of Bustin Ghost's. My least favorite character as a kid was Venkman.

Egon was better.
>>
>>67266190
>le contrarian meme
>>
>>67263578
james franco as venkman
>>
>>67266190
>when they were still happy and hopeful and thought they'd grow up to be millionaires and athletes instead of pathetic office drones
Most of us weren't even given that.
Thanks boomers.
>>
>>67266333
I would legit murder a hobo for a spot at an office job that made even $10k more than I make right now working a shitty McJob.

I just want to be a cog in a corporate empire, shuffling paper around in a cubicle no one gives a shit about.

It's my dream job.
>>
>>67266082
>The shit sells, so Sandler keeps his job.

it didn't sell that well, btw the budget is higher than that, like around the $130-150 range, and i don't believe Sandler has anything in the pipeline other than straight to Netflix movies for a while.

>http://www.metro.us/entertainment/on-pixels-bombing-and-the-tragedy-of-adam-sandler/zsJogA---yB41AvDLpGBM/
>>
>>67263578
Damn, that really sucks. Pratt and Tatum are both pretty funny actors. This could've been pretty good
>>
>>67263578
Someone should make a fan-fiction movie in found-footage style.
>>
>>67266267
>Additionally another $57 million was spent on prints and advertising
Is it normal to spend this much on advertising?
>>
>>67266711
sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less, the studio has to let people know the movie is coming out somehow.
>>
>>67266814
Ok thanks. It just seems incredibly huge relative to the production budget.
>>
>>67266038
Can't have attractive women in a movie, anon, they would only become sex symbols
Holy shit, I thought /tv/ was kidding about the niggress, she looks like a fucking ape. Not even being racist, she literally could pass as a gorilla. I bet Harold Ramis is rolling in his grave
>>
>>67266897

She does what she was hired for: making McCarthy look attractive.
>>
>>67267006
Nothing will EVER make that cow look attractive. Not even a giant negress slapping her in the face
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>67267006
>>
>>67266897
For real though that is a group that is hard on the eyes,
>the cryptkeeper
>Queen Kong
>the blob
>and the tumblrina with the deliberately awful haircut
>>
File: 1311948270220.jpg (58 KB, 402x500) Image search: [Google]
1311948270220.jpg
58 KB, 402x500
>>67267209
>>the cryptkeeper

You mean the disgust reaction face
>>
>>67267209
1 and 4 have potential to look good.

If they were dressed and made up like women instead of inmates hanging out in a futuristic prison yard, 1 and 4 would look good.
>>
This is good.

Someone will buy it and turn it back.

R-right lads?
>>
We didn't need the sequel, we didn't need the reboot and we certainly don't need a fucking reboot sequel
>>
>>67263578
>>67264536
>Darkest Timeline.
Do you guys think the Berenstein timeline got the good movie?
>>
>>67265925

>someone funny
>female...
>>
>>67266296
The same retards that suck Ghostbuster's dick think the IT "movie" is terrifying. You are one of those drones?
>>
>>67271014
>doubling down on le contrarian meme

Looks like the rustling worked.
>>
>>67263578
tbqh i can't blame them, after the girlbusters movie people won't watch this shit for a loooong time
>>
>>67265994
seriously this

those two alone are way bigger box office pulls. Them together in a movie would've made it rain money. Is Sony full of retards?
>>
>>67266082
i would rather see sandler as a ghostbuster than the turd that is coming along with the women
>>
>>67271597
>Is Sony full of retards?

Is this even a question?
>>
>>67271597
They unironically planned to make a fucking Aunt May movie for their Spiderman universe.
>>
If /tv/ could actually reboot the franchise, who would you guys pick to cast for the four ghostbusters?
>>
>>67272750

I'd make a lot of shitty racebait choices because I'm unfunny and intellectually stunted.
>>
>>67272750
Emma Stone, Ellen Page, Lucy Liu and some black woman probably.
>>
>Caring this much about Ghostbusters
Do we really need MORE fucking cinematic universes? Ghostbusters was a fun 80's movie but I don't see where the eternal appeal comes from
>>
>>67272750
Tom Hardy, Aiden Gillen, Alon Aboutboul, Josh Stewart
>>
Is there a movie studio out there right now that's a bigger failure than Sony?
>>
>>67272853
Manchildren. When will they learn?
>>
>>67263578
Fuck Ghostbusters and fuck sony, sony suck at films period.
>>
I would have watched a Ghostbusters movie where Kristen Wiig was the only real Ghostbuster, as she had the tech and knowledge of that kind of shit, but can't bust ghosts on her own, so she hires dirt cheap idiots to help her.
>>
I love how they set out to prove that women are funny and then proceeded to cast the four least funny women today.
>>
>>67271056
FUCK YOU!
>>
File: muldoon.gif (3 MB, 308x419) Image search: [Google]
muldoon.gif
3 MB, 308x419
>>67266038

should have worn this as an homage in jurassic world desu
>>
>>67266084
who gives a shit, glad itll be gone if thats the case
>>
I don't find any popular American comedic actor funny anymore. And I'm certain since Superbad things haven't been the same.
>>
>>67272750
Jezza, Hamster, Captain Slow and the Stig
>>
>>67273330

Goddamn those thighs. Ellie's are alright I guess.
>>
>>67266886
It's common these days for tentpoles like Marvel movies to spend $150M+ on marketing.
>>
>Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum with Russo Brother
>three of some the most successful people in Hollywood right now
>dead
What the fuck Sony. That would of been perfect. Is Sony full of retards?
>>
>>67273855

Rhetorical question.
>>
>>67268981
/thread

i know ya'll circlejerk constant super hero movies, shit wars, and that new mad max shit. seriosly we need new moviesnot big budget rerapes
>>
>>67273855
Um... Go back and look at their leaked emails.

Yes, the people in charge of their movie and music departments are a bunch of assholes, liars and criminals. Everything about their american operations are awful. The only thing good they do is over in Japan where they make Cameras and electronics.
>inb4 lol ps4
im not talking about that.
>>
>>67273987
>The only thing good they do is over in Japan where they make Cameras and electronics.
And even that isn't going that well. They're basically being kept afloat by the PS4. I wonder if the nips got involved with the movie side and that's why they decided to split Spider-Man rights with Disney
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.