[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Jaqen h'ghar's true face? Or is that even him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: 150428-news-game-of-thrones.jpg (161 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
150428-news-game-of-thrones.jpg
161 KB, 1300x867
Is this Jaqen h'ghar's true face? Or is that even him anymore? This faceless man stuff is so confusing.
>>
there is no "Jaqen H'ghar". that's what the scene where Arya went blind was trying to say. It's just a face the faceless men use. The man Arya met in Season 2 is essentially just a construct in her mind. The faceless men don't have 'personalities' anymore -- they're just servants of the many-faced god.
>>
He is no one. He is but a man.
>>
>>67263531
>>67263583
But are we sure that that's not the "true" face of the Many-Faced God himself? How could two Faceless Men be wearing the same face? Maybe that was just Arya hallucinating as she went blind.
>>
File: Oldtown.jpg (217 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
Oldtown.jpg
217 KB, 960x1280
The Jaquen H'gar Arya met in S2 SHOULD be in Oldtown up to some shenanigans at the citadel but, who know knowing these hack show runners.
>>
>>67263360
In the book, he totally changes his face. Hell, it's not even Jaqen who is the kindly old man (Arya's mentor).

I honestly don't KNOW what the TV show will do... what was with the face swapping? Didn't make too much sense..,
>>
>>67264004
It seems like once a face has been added to the hall of faces, any of the faceless men can wear it.

It's probably just a random face they decided to use one day
>>
>>67263360
I figure he's like Captain Ginyu. Is that what Ginyu really looks like, or just some guy's body he stole long ago? We're not meant to know.
>>
>>67264129
I think it's a TV show error.

>>67264067
>>67264094
These
>>
The Kind Man or whatever his name is knows the face she is familiar with. That's really it.
>>
Maybe once a face is in the Hall, it never leaves and the Faceless Men enchant masks with whatever faces they want. I'm making headcanon for the show here, as the books pretty explicitly illustrate the way their masks are worn.
>>
>>67263360
It doesn't make any sense because it's shit-tier show invention that never appears in the books. Book Jaqen goes to the citadel of Oldtown and is involved in some kind of scheme there with the shady ass maester Marwyn.
>>
File: eO7I618[1].webm (370 KB, 468x264) Image search: [Google]
eO7I618[1].webm
370 KB, 468x264
>>67263360

Considering his skills, how the fuck did he get caught by useless generic soldiers, is it ever explained?
>>
>>67265454
It's very heavily implied in the books that he got caught on purpose.
>>
>>67265545
so getting caught was part of his plan
>>
>>67266485
Of Courshe!
>>
File: download (18).jpg (4 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (18).jpg
4 KB, 300x168
Any guesses who this is?
>>
>>67264004
>How could two Faceless Men be wearing the same face?

What the fuck would make you think they couldn't?
>>
>>67265454
>distant "Black and White" by Michael Jackson playing
>>
I never really understood Jaqen h'ghar as a character anyways. How did a faceless man get caught in the first place? How could a man of his skills not face-change in order to escape?
>>
>>67266640
Check the fingers. It'd Davos
>>
Japan Haggard doesn't have a face just one he has preferred
>>
>>67268124
Because that's his secret. He's every man. It's all in him. He can read your thoughts right now! Every one from A to Z!
>>
>>67268124
see >>67265545
>>
>>67268124
He's not THAT skilled. His main plot of attack was throwing things at people or pushing them off ledges. He's good at getting the jump on people but he's not super-ninja or anything.
>>
>>67268251
So getting caught WAS part of his plan? But why does he wear the masks?
>>
>>67266640

Roose Bolton

The reason why they arent showing the other burning cross is because its Fat Walda.
>>
>>67268314
>but he's not super-ninja or anything
I think this is pretty much exactly what he is along with the rest of the faceless men, too. Very possibly Biter and Rorge as well.

>>67268359
Perhaps he's wondering why someone would blind a girl before training her to be an assassin.
>>
>>67268144
STOP
T
O
P

WITH THIS MEME
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1170x781) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1170x781
>>67268437
>implying roose Would be flayed and Burnt by his own men
>>
>>67266485
its not that bad of a backup plan. if you fail to escape then just get captured. join the nights watch and fuck off when you get the chance. once you escape change identity and go back to assassinating things.
>>
>>67263360
>Is this Jaqen h'ghar's true face
No it's pure pandering because the success of his first appearance
>>
>>67263360

I thought that was faceless one, and the two homeless men in the prison were Jack and Hagar
>>
>>67263360
Jaqen is the name of the person who had that face before it was taken by the Faceless Men. Any FM can have Jaqen's face. The Jaqen that trains Arya in S5 isn't the same Jaqen she met in S2, but she asked to see him so he changed his face to Jaqen.
>>
File: image.gif (47 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
47 KB, 288x288
>>67271061
It all makes sense now.
>>
File: 1457856961243.gif (1 MB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1457856961243.gif
1 MB, 300x199
>>67271061
>but she asked to see him so he changed his face to Jaqen

Why did that nigger tell her that here was no Jaqen in the temple when she arrived?
Why did he then went to look for her?
How did the thugs know it was him when he showed up to save her?
And why were they afraid of him?
>>
>>67271567
They said there was no Jaqen in the temple because there's no Jaqen anywhere, he isn't real. The god then sends out a faceless man with the Jaqen face to greet Arya because that's one that she's familiar with and wants to see. We know from the whole silver coin thing with the ship captain that most people in Bravos know of and are afraid of/subservient to the temple and the many faced god, so it makes sense that the thugs would recognize a faceless man if he was making a deliberate attempt not to hide his identity.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.