[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This still doesn't make any sense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 6568658475.png (14 KB, 532x106) Image search: [Google]
6568658475.png
14 KB, 532x106
This still doesn't make any sense
>>
File: 1455646544726.jpg (372 KB, 545x1400) Image search: [Google]
1455646544726.jpg
372 KB, 545x1400
Film vs Movie vs Cinema is real, but kino, fllick, etc were added by tasteless drones(Quentin) that were made insecure by this whole thing.

“A movie is made for an audience and a film is made for both the audience and the filmmakers. I think that The Game is a movie and I think Fight Club‘s a film. I think that Fight Club is more than the sum of its parts, whereas Panic Room is the sum of its parts. I didn’t look at Panic Room and think: Wow, this is gonna set the world on fire. These are footnote movies, guilty pleasure movies. Thrillers. Woman-trapped-in-a-house movies. They’re not particularly important.” - David Fincher

"My film is not a movie. My film is not about Vietnam. It is Vietnam. It's what it was really like. It was crazy. We were in the jungle, there were too many of us, we had access to too much money, too much equipment, and little by little we went insane." — Francis Ford Coppola

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film#Terminology_used
>By contrast, in the US "movie" is the predominant form. Although the words "film" and "movie" are sometimes used interchangeably, "film" is more often used when considering artistic, theoretical, or technical aspects, as studies in a university class and "movies" more often refers to entertainment or commercial aspects, as where to go for fun on a date. For example, a book titled "How to Read a Film" would be about the aesthetics or theory of film, while "Lets Go to the Movies" would be about the history of entertaining movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsp05iSk7s

movies are about economics.
cinema is about esthetics.
film is about politics.
-"How To Read A Film" by James Monaco

Also the separation is recognized in these texts
Bresson's Notes on the Cinematographer
Tarkovsky's Sculpting in Time
Delleuze's Cinema I&II
>>
>its a meme you dip
>>
>>67263155

They're all just pictures moving on a screen you faggot. Some of them are good and some are not good. The distinctions drawn here are for nothing more than masturbation purposes.
>>
>>67263155
this all sounds like a fantastic smug intellectual wankery contest

No wonder it doesn't make any sense to most people
>>
>>67263155
Stupid pasta, sounds faggy as fuck.

They're all movies. I think the British call them films or something. That's pretty much the whole thing. Otherwise everything you don't like is a movie and everything you like is a film and any movie can be seen as a film if you get autistic about it and all films are movies since they're made to make money.
>>
>>67263384

>artists, scholars and keefer
>>67263155

>meme cancer that gets upset if someone call his favorite movie trash
>>67263384

who do i believe here?
>>
File: ursa2.png (230 KB, 771x456) Image search: [Google]
ursa2.png
230 KB, 771x456
>>67262919
Kino is literally just the German word for cinema or movie theater, e.g. "Gestern bin ich ins Kino gegangen".

The definition you looked up on Wikipedia is just a small organization for amateur filmmakers to show their off their films to eachother. That's it.

The rest is just a meme.
>>
>>67263589
>The definition you looked up on Wikipedia is just a small organization for amateur filmmakers to show their off their films to eachother. That's it.

That sounds incredibly boring, why they make it sound pretentious as fuck?
>>
>>67263665

Because they have nothing of value to anyone so they appropriate a fancy name to make it an exclusionary muh secret club in an attempt to fool everyone else.

Basically they are faggots. See also the 'indie' games 'movement'.
>>
>>67263589

And Black Magic Cameras are a joke
>>
File: Viktor Tsoi.jpg (31 KB, 541x480) Image search: [Google]
Viktor Tsoi.jpg
31 KB, 541x480
>>67262919
It does, here are some videos to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JJw-ntEG_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcQuuvMHbOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU8csnZxdPA

Understand?
>>
File: every fucking time.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
every fucking time.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
>not subverting memes and categorization by superimposing your own (believable) definitions onto pre-existing terms for maximum transcendent shitposting
>2016
>>
File: 1419250614229.jpg (25 KB, 245x234) Image search: [Google]
1419250614229.jpg
25 KB, 245x234
>>67263293
>>
>>67265041
>has never used a black magic

i assure you they are not
>>
>>67265041
>>>/x/

read the sticky before you shitpost again.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.