[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dexter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: writers_room_dexter_11.jpg (106 KB, 600x633) Image search: [Google]
writers_room_dexter_11.jpg
106 KB, 600x633
What went wrong?
>>
>>67262862
Almost everything
>>
Steady decline in quality after season 4, if you watched the show then you wouldn't need to ask us what went wrong because it was painfully obvious to everyone.
>>
Dexter became an amatuer in season 4, completely negating all of his character development in the first 3 seasons and it literally jumped off a cliff from that point on.
>>
>>67262862
Nothing. Fuck you. The show was by no means perfect. But it was just so good. In fact, I think I'm gonna rewatch it.
>>
>>67262862
I tried watching dexter a few years ago and I remember it being ok up until the arc with the english psychopath girl was done and then after that I think it just turned shit.
>>
>>67263059
nigga please, it went to shit after season 4
>>
>>67262862
people kept watching after he got married.
>>
4th seasons univerally blow

>Lost
>Dexter
>AD
>>
>>67263082
>things people who've never watched Dexter say
You guys are really easy to spot.
>>
The original showrunner left and the new one tried to make Dexter 'redeemable'
Showtime interfered with the storytelling.
Suits telling the creatives how to tell the story is a terrible idea
>>
>>67263222
Are you retarded? It was terrible 4 and after. The one season with EJO was *almost* OK.
>>
People don't like the Trinity arc? Weird.
>>
File: 2352367568.jpg (240 KB, 1152x746) Image search: [Google]
2352367568.jpg
240 KB, 1152x746
>not posting this picture
>>
>>67263279
Nah. It was still some of the best television. Just because it went from 10/10 to 8/10 doesn't mean it still wasn't amazing.
>>
File: 7883763746_8505a8a31d[1].jpg (142 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
7883763746_8505a8a31d[1].jpg
142 KB, 500x375
>>67263059

>mfw someone pretends Dexter's later seasons are good near me
>>
>>67263366
John Lithgow saying cunt does not redeem that season.
>>
It all started going downhill when the matched up Angel and Laguerta. What a shitty storyline. Nobody wants to see that shit. We came to watch about serial killer shit, not lame middleaged romance story
>>
>>67262862
Went to shit after S2
>>
File: vzB7M9j[1].jpg (47 KB, 1032x598) Image search: [Google]
vzB7M9j[1].jpg
47 KB, 1032x598
>>67263527

>8/10
>>
>>67263059
That picture alone reminds me of one of the biggest flaws after a certain point; dexter quit going to work almost altogether. It was fun to watch him do the blood splatter shit and they just flat out dropped all of it
>>
>>67263734
Worst was all the time devoted to Quinn's promotional exam that went literally fucking nowhere, in the last season. Or wait, how about Masuka's family problems? Or maybe Quinn's relationship with babysitter who apparently has no life outside of Harrison?

The time management and prioritizing of the last season was fucking atrocious.
>>
Started off interesting, but they didnt have great ideas on their own and the books were silly, so they just kept doing what worked the first season..

Unfortunately, that made it stale. Same thing every episode and no one developed past season 1.
Masuka would say 1 weirdly dirty thing every episode
Deb would say 1 weirdly worded thing every episode
so on..

it became a checklist of tropes; the only change is that deb whined more as the seasons went on till she was crying every episode
Dex's descriptions of his life was more specific as time went on, but on less interesting things about normal life and the killer life wasnt even interesting cuz either it was the same ol stuff or just not even connected to the story

Yes, Lithgow was good, but by his season, everyone else was a stale cardboard cutout of how they were season 1.. a single actor doesnt make a whole season great.
>>
>>67264016

At least that last one gave us a shot of the babysitter's ass.
>>
>>67264137
Noted, but there is an entire internet of beautiful asses I can see whenever I want. Nothing I watch will ever disappoint me harder than that season
>>
File: 1457732862428.jpg (46 KB, 440x410) Image search: [Google]
1457732862428.jpg
46 KB, 440x410
Seasons 5+ of Dexter aren't canon and don't exist. Dexter did not become a lumberjack. He did his best to be a good father to his children and retired from killing forever after going on antipsychotic medication. Deb moved to a new city and joined the FBI, eventually becoming the handler of a man immune to the effects of the smart drug NZT. Quinn followed Deb and also joined the FBI to be with her, but was killed after an unfortunate incident involving NZT.

Angel moved to Gotham to set up a new life while has daughter moved to Vegas, Masuka moved to a stereotypical asian neighborhood to have wacky adventures, and Doakes was revived but was never heard from again.

This is how Dexter actually ended. Seasons 5+ are just fanfiction.
>>
I did like that scene where the horse corpse-man paraded down the street.
>>
It all went downhill when he didnt fuck Deb.
Maybe knowing they weren't related turned him off.
>>
>>67262862
Women writers
>>
>>67263786

LOL BTFO

Dexter's prodigy would have been cool but they KILLED by him
>>
I really don't understand how you can assemble a group of 5+ writers, of any skill level, and not have at least one of them pipe up and say, "Hey guys, this sucks. Everything we're doing makes no sense and is painful to watch."

It was truly a sight to behold. I have never seen a show get so completely shit .
>>
>>67262862
Final season was bad.
>>
File: 97 percent accurate.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
97 percent accurate.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>67263786

>Not posting the webm
>>
Off the top of my head things that made the show worse

>Incest subplot
>His kid
>Lumen (julia styles CUTE)
>Laquerta
>Masukas daughter
>Quinn even getting screentime
>That scene on the treadmill
>Babysitter

I don't even remember who the bad guy is in the last 3 seasons. I think they reused the plot from the first season for no reason too
>>
She never showed any full nudity
>>
>>67266365

>Tim & Eric.gifv

How can anyone fucking defend this sub-CSI shit? HOW?

People were paid a lot of money to write this! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFqwd
>>
>>67263392
Jesus christ.
>>
>>67262862
He didnt fuck his sister
>>
>>67266455
right here homie>>67263392
>>
>>67266433
>incest
>bad

If they weren't divorced, they would've went through with it.
>>
No incest.
>>
>>67263082
Season 7 was good. Literally the only good post s4 season.

The show went to shit anyways because it was so formulaic, just like House. How many episodes could they do of Dexter dodging the police, searching for and killing a kill, and talking to ghost Harry while hanging with Deb? Too formulaic; shows like this and House are only good for a few seasons, then they get repetitive and old. The showrunner leaving after season 4 didn't help much either.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.