[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when did this show become such garbage started watching again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 150721-news-supernatural-hp-lg.jpg (106 KB, 740x506) Image search: [Google]
150721-news-supernatural-hp-lg.jpg
106 KB, 740x506
when did this show become such garbage

started watching again because i like the early seasons when they first came out

im in s9 now and its nearly unwatchable
>>
>>67250413
the writers started pandering the their tumblr fans. it's as simple as that.
>>
>>67250461

i guess its this

i saw the s9 ep with felicia day and it was honestly fucking disgusting
>>
When they kept the story going after Sam/Lucifer and Michael got sent to hell and went through a retarded power creep by shoving in retarded stuff.

The MOTY episodes are still pretty good now and then though.
>>
>>67250413

It was supposed to end at Season 5, but it was so popular at the time they decided to keep it going. If I recall correctly, the original creator and showrunner of the show left after Season 5 I think, or Season 6. Maybe he didn't left at all.

Either way, the new showrunners basically started appealing to tumblr which is a big fanbase for the show and it became a shadow of its former self with every season them trying to one up the threat level of the previous season.

Monsters of the week just became normal people with 2 seconds of CGI scary face spliced with them and they don't bother trying anymore and sometimes meta episodes, plus Felicia Day's quirky episodes. Remember things like the Wendigo, or the Werewolves, Shapeshifters being crude in their transformations? That's all gone now.

Angels became bitches, and jobbers. It should have ended at Season 5, and be left at that. But its one of the CWs most popular shows so they'll keep going at it.
>>
>>67250526
>>67250461
They were doing from the moment season 1/2 gained traction with Tumblr.

>Every female S/D like/love/fuck dies the more attractive the more gruesome
>Fanfiction episodes

I think there is some push back. They do kill off Felicia Day's character.
>>
They ran out of ideas.
>>
>>Power creep
>Getting a new season
>They're fighting God's sister currently

What's next?
>>
>>67250670

>s12
>dean shooting at god
>>
The storyline ended with Season 5. After that all they've been doing is make it a Sam and Dean relationship drama because fangirls love the bromance so they're just pandering to fans at this point.
>>
MotW episodes are pretty cool but the main story has always been shit.

The series is basically a Blizz-Activision TV show. Sam and Dean trade off being corrupted.
>>
>>67250413
Once they killed death
>>
>>67250413

After season 5.

Kripke wrote the show to have one 5 season arc, ending with Sam going to hell with Lucifer. That was it, show voer. Dean moves on.

Everything moved along that route, everything built towards that ending.

Then it happened, ratings were too good and CW gave the show a new showrunner and just kept making up new stories with no thought about where it was heading.
>>
>lucifer and Crowley this season
Jesus please just kill the show already, please I can't take seeing what they are doing to good characters.
>>
>>67250461
LiveJournal fans, m8. It started with LiveJournal.
>>
>>67250590
Tumblr wasn't around then.
>>
>>67250461
Needlessly bringing up tumblr as a boogeyman figure, it was aol chatrooms and livejournal before tumblr.
>>
>>67251403
>>67251444
>>67251565
I'm pretty sure "Tumblr" is used as an adjective to describe a general mentality that has existed for decades, if not centuries.

Jane Austen and Emily Dickinson were pretty Tumblr, too.
>>
i stopped watching after the 'where is god' and angels falling to earth thing
they don't know what to do anymore
>>
>>67250413
This show was much cooler when Lucifer was just a myth to the demons as God is to the angels

>That QT 3.14 demon that refers to Lucifer as their father

I miss the old Supernatural, much better atmosphere
>>
I can't stand any of the characters and the plotlines. Also, Crowley overstayed his welcome for many seasons now. He absolutely does nothing and the show constantly makes excuses as to why he can never be killed outright. It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>67250841
This, season 5 ending was perfect and all the buildup to it was great, why can't the CW just end shows instead of running them into the ground?

>TVD
>Smallville
>Supernatural

I'm sure there's more
>>
Anyone else get tired of the big bads just keep getting bigger until they literally can't do anything new anymore? It happens in every fucking CW show I swear
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.