[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Supergirl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: p11779472_b_v8_aa.jpg (354 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p11779472_b_v8_aa.jpg
354 KB, 960x1440
Did this shit ever get good?

Watched the pilot when it first aired and dropped the show immediately. Is it better now?
>>
>>67248699
No, it has a few good moments here and there like when you found out one of the side characters has a villain father and that episode was pretty OK

Team up with the CW's Flash next week though so that might be worth a watch. Not this Monday but the one following.
>>
>>67248699
Good for you for giving the whole show 45 minutes of your time to make a decision. Everyone knows the pilot is the high point in any series, so you probably did yourself a favor.
/sarcasm
>>
>>67249475
>you should waste more time before deciding that something is a waste of your time
If you say so.
Also
>/sarcasm
What are you even doing here?
>>
>>67248699
No. It's so bad it makes every other single capeshit show look 10 times better in comparison.
>>
>>67248699
No. RT gets paid to give this shitty show good reviews.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObBVYoJY-dA
>>
It's absolutely fucking unwatchable. It only gets decent reviews because of muh cuck feminism.
>>
>>67248699
There isn't a single likeable character in the show.
>>
>>67248699
Just ignore all the whiners and complainers.
I watched it and just let all the little nagging things go and tried to enjoy it on its own merits, without trying to give in to nitpicking.
Once I did that, I found myself enjoy the show and the world they were creating. Having John Jones/Martian Manhunter on there is pretty fucking awesome
>>
>>67248699
I tuned in an episode where she was caught in some dream world and her military sister had to rescue her. It was just so goddamn bad, anon. The big emotional speech was hilarious for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>67249601
>If you say so.
To be fair shows like Rome and Deadwood took me 2-3 episodes to get hooked. But Supergirl? I don't know, try season 2, there is a lot of cringe writing in it.

Example; an exchange between Olsen and his US Army GF that got a job offer at his office.

>Should I take the job James?
It's your career, I can't decide for you
>I know but wouldn't it be great to work together?
I can't decide this for you
>Did you know Cat-co employs a lot of female CEO's? Isn't that great?
Yeah that's great
>So should I take the job?
You need to decide this for yourself
>I know but I'm asking your opinion James
You should take the job
>I'm not asking your permission!!!

I'm not even kidding, that's the quality of writing, gf drags an answer out of her bf, then immediately gets pissed off when he gives her the answer she clearly wants. For zero fucking reason.
>>
>>67249475
infact this is almost always the exact opposite

most pilots are terrible and completely different than the series. one exception is LOST, fantastic pilot

the sopranos pilot blows buffalo dick
>>
it has decreased in quality
>>
It gets better which ironically made it worse.
The first few episodes were so bad they were entertaining and it gotten better so it is just bad now.
>>
The only thing that I liked is Martian Manhunter. But I don't understand why they would change Jimmy Olsen physic, the little ginger boy in the middle of godlike figures was a good idea.
The actors are not horrible. But the effects, writing, action scene, scenario... well, everything else is rather poor.
>>
>>67250045
hurf durf not mah Jimmeh...
>>
>>67250045
>The actors are not horrible
Pretty much spot on. I don't dislike any of the actors themselves, but the writing and some of the CG and fight scenes are just so under what a major network should be putting on the air its amazing this show is on CBS, the writing quality is E! network bad.
>>
>>67250045
great wardrobe dept. though

all the girls pants are SO TIGHT
>>
>>67250154
The Catco boss character is a pretty based and the actress is doing a pretty good work. But i can't recall any other good-ish character. Maybe Toyman Jr. sometimes?
>>
File: bernd sorrow.png (39 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
bernd sorrow.png
39 KB, 645x773
I don't care if it's good or not, I'm in love.

>tfw you'll never make sweet love to her in her Supergirl outfit
>>
File: amused supergirl.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
amused supergirl.jpg
146 KB, 1920x1080
It's a decent show

I like the comic book sillyness
>>
>>67250280
I was thinking of Toyman jr., Hank/John, the Sister and the aunt that she killed The problems that I have with the show aren't really with the acting, its with the words they are given to say that I dislike, if that makes sense. Even Supergirl isn't bad, just some of the shit writing makes it hard to tell I guess.
>>
File: supergirl-new-52-28-lantern.jpg (135 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
supergirl-new-52-28-lantern.jpg
135 KB, 600x419
>>67250455
Comic sillyness is fine, but I'd like some space stuff done right in all of these comic shows Space is about .00001% of the content. I'd easily watch a Supergirl Red Lantern season
>>
>>67248699
it's mediocre at best, just like the character supergirl
>>
>>67250552
I don't really know the Supergirl source material, but the feeling I have with this show is:
>"We can't have Superman for our new show"
>"Shit man. Take the closest thing, i don't care why"
>"Supergirl?"
>"Yeah why not? Just put it a pinch of girl stuff and call it a day"
Is there the only there is to Supergirl? A female version of Supes? If it is, that's disappointing and I hope it's onyl the show that's fucking up.
>>
File: 1447134331868.gif (598 KB, 245x265) Image search: [Google]
1447134331868.gif
598 KB, 245x265
i think it has the potential to have a cult following

you get it and just have fun with it, or you dont
>>
>>67250384
she's too /fit/ for you
>>
>>67250870
I know. but it turns me on even more.
>>
>>67250826
>A female version of Supes?
No, it's really just the show fucking up. Comic version of Supergirl/Power Girl has had lot of unique and interesting storylines over the years. Which makes it so fucking strange that all the TV show seems to do is pull Superman stories and just change them to Supergirl-lite.

A really great storyline from not too far back had Kara going to space to join the Red Lanterns when a ring found her. She actually remembers her home, her loved ones, they all are dead and she had a lot of rage built up that Superman just never had. He lost the same home but it wasn't even a memory for him, its a story some computer program tells him in his fortress, Supergirl remembers and it makes to characters with very similar powers behave in very different ways.

Supergirls origin has changed slightly a few times over the years but she has consistently been a bit darker than Superman because she has seen more loss than he has from a much younger age.
>>
>>67250826
>A female version of Supes?
That would be fine.
The problem is that she's a girl first and super second so we get a fuckton of whining about "oh no, nobody takes me seriously because I have a vagina, woe is me".
Not even the most delusional raging misogynist would tell a fucking super powered alien to stay in the kitchen so all the feminist angst feels forced as fuck.
>>
>>67251099
Well, I feel sad now, i want to see an adaptation of Red Lantern Kara. Will definetly pick up the books.

>>67251142
Exactly. And that's why I was disappointed. But maybe we're not the target audience for it.
>>
File: Supergirl TOPICAL.jpg (832 KB, 957x4266) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl TOPICAL.jpg
832 KB, 957x4266
>>67250280
>The Catco boss character is a pretty based

Fuck off, Cat Grant is shit, who the hell actually believes this crap? Calista Flockhart has never been good and her trying to ape Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada is EMBARRASSING.

Back to /co/ with your lunacy
>>
File: 1438803419231.png (456 KB, 702x356) Image search: [Google]
1438803419231.png
456 KB, 702x356
>>67248699
She is the reason for my neck and clavicle fetish.
>>
>>67251459
>This anon wants the terrorists to win

Back to /isis/ with YOUR lunacy
>>
>>67251506
isn't it beautiful
>>
Show sucks but i´ll had my fun with supergirls lewd pics
>>
>>67251791
>supergirls lewd pics
post em
>>
>>67251981
celebjihad com/celeb-jihad/new-supergirl-melissa-benoist-nude-photos-and-video

Here my friend
>>
>>67251459
This
>>
>>67248699
>that awful poster
>>
>>67251459
My thoughts exactly. She's just trying way too hard.
>>
File: 1408317223060.gif (828 KB, 500x261) Image search: [Google]
1408317223060.gif
828 KB, 500x261
>>67252316
WHO TOOK THE PHOTOS
>>
Any more panty upskirts in recent episodes?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.