[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He just sold the most expensive script in hollywoodhistory. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 612x380
He just sold the most expensive script in hollywoodhistory. How fucking jealous is tv lmao. Best screenwriter of our era.
>>
>>67243695
Max pls go.
>>
>>67243695

Stop flattering yourself, Max. You're a giant faggot and your movies suck.
>>
>>67243695
Fuck off Max.

This is the only semi-decent thing you've ever created https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWMc-EdDRY
>>
>>67243695
i'm very happy for him
>>
>>67243695
It's pretty depressing really.
>>
I lost my head when I found out who his father was.
>>
Literally who?
>>
American Ultra was a shitty movie that falls apart in the second half of the movie. You only have a job in Hollywood because of nepotism.
>>
what was the script?
>>
>>67243695
>image.jpg
Says it all
>>
>>67244002

I bet it's some randumb dark "comedy".
>>
>>67243920
Ha
>>
I bet the script is a real kick in the head.
>>
>>67244063
it's some sort of sci-fi that was inspired by Tolkien being a raciss since orcs were black
not making it up, that's what he says, he wrote this script inspired by the orcs being black
>>
I think I would enjoy reading some of these scripts. http://www.maxlandiswrites.com/a-list-of-every-script-ive-ever-written-for-those-crazy-enough-to-read-it/
>>
>>67244329
CHICKEN'S BACK ON THE MENU BREHS
>>
I heard through the grapevine that he actually re-wrote his father's infamous scene into his new script. Honestly, I think that's incredibly disrespectful to the victims, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and the other family members of the victims.
>>
>>67243695
Wouldn't it be great if a helicopter fell on top of him? Nothing else would make me happier.
>>
Really though, what was the script?
>>
Both American Ultra and Victor Frankenstein had redeemable parts, especially the first. Landis Jr. just needs to grow up and hone that innate talent, and he'll be fine.
>>
File: daisydomerguesmile.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
daisydomerguesmile.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>67244674
Wouldn't it be cool if JJL poisoned them or something?
>>
Any hack can write a good spec
The only his get read is his daddys name
>>
>>67243695
Woah, most expensive script in Hollywood history? I feel like I've just been struck by a helicopter or something.
>>
>>67244835
Landis knows how to market himself, stand in front of a camera, and youtube editing. If he were lower middle class like the rest of us, he'd be an e-celeb instead. Face it, anon, he's better than you.
>>
>>67244820
And instead of cutting off John's arm, she cuts off his head.
>>
He's good at hustling and he works 24/7. He is legit like a smart kid that never grew up and has to constantly show off though.
>>
>>67244979
Hi Max
>>
Is his twitter seriously @uptomyknees?
That kind of seems like a prick move.
>>
File: 1457872023091.jpg (123 KB, 500x653) Image search: [Google]
1457872023091.jpg
123 KB, 500x653
http://www.maxlandiswrites.com/a-list-of-every-script-ive-ever-written-for-those-crazy-enough-to-read-it/

>Rinse Repeat – After an amicable divorce, a woman finds herself becoming obsessed with a younger man, who reminds her maybe too perfectly of her former husband.

I bet it's this one
>>
Hey, MAX! Why did you change your hair to a shitty rainbow mess?
>>
>>67246553
Yes.

>>67246591
Nah it's called "Bright". It's like a Shadowrun movie, there are orcs elves dwarves and shit and the cops are racist against them.
>>
>>67243695
is that george harrison's kid?
>>
>that Milwaukee anecdote in the latest RLM movie
Fuck man. Nobody can pretend Landis isn't a product of his dad's work, his upbringing.
>>
>>67243695
Shane Black sold a screenplay for $4.5 mil over 20 years ago. Shyamalamadingdong has sold scripts for more (although always in a writing/directing/producing deal) and I think some other scripts were sold for more.

Max is doing very well, but it's not the most expensive script in Hollywood history (Max' script was $3 mil)
>>
File: 1401603022967.jpg (19 KB, 171x168) Image search: [Google]
1401603022967.jpg
19 KB, 171x168
Mike suicide when?
>>
>>67244835
>Any hack can write a good spec

have you ever actually spent time on peer-review script sites? it's literally all total garbage. it totally cured me of the belief that Hollywood is ignoring a pile of awesome material and greenlighting things based on nepotism.
>>
>>67246714
everyone is a product of everything that happens to them.

just *knowing* that your parents succeeded at something is going to make it much easier to work hard and focus because you won't have as much self-doubt about whether your goals are achievable, or deal with the knowledge that your decision to try to make it in the entertainment industry is going to make them anxious.
>>
>>67246874
Yeah, this buddy of mine who studied literature once gave me a spec of his to appraise. I couldn't give him an answer because I got a visceral reaction to how bad it was. Smart guy, too, just not a fiction writer, it seems.
>>
>>67246954
That's true, I just had a chuckle at it.
>>
>>67246827
Landis wishes he was half as clever as Shane Black.

Cant wait for The Nice Guys.
>>
>>67246874
This. Hollywood's not going to turn down anything that's even somewhat decent. They're struggling for workable ideas as it is.
>>
>>67246874
Who are Seth Rogan and James Franco?
>>
>>67247126
holy fuck how did this slip past me. This is now my most hyped movie after seeing the trailer. I love the Last Boy Scout and monster squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyR-UqRom-c
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.