[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this start so well and get so fucking dumb?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 342x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 342x200
Why did this start so well and get so fucking dumb?
>>
>>67243479
Spawn is a shitty comic book
t. Oldfag
>>
>>67243479

Fuck off with your weeb shit
>>
>>67243479
>muh humanity
>>
>>67243479
Perfect adaptation then.
>>
>>67243568
Probably never.
>>
>>67243611
>reading comprehension.
>>
>capeshit
>especially broody capeshit
jesus
>>
i used to watch this with my father back in the 90s.
>>
>>67243506

>t. _______

Can someone explain this maymay to me?
>>
>>67243535
>HBO series based on capeshit
>weeb

Fuck off queer
>>
>>67243479
there's /a/ for this type of shit pham
>>
>>67243791
It stands for lurk moar
>>
>>67243878
It's literally a TV show. On a board called /tv/.
>>
Horrible pacing, passable actors but bad acting, lack of good animators and overall: big lack of money. Story was okay, but a good Spawn title is a very visual thing. So you have an action cartoon team with no budget for the effects
>>
>>67243878
>based on American comic
>made by American company
>/a/

Please remove the ten cocks from your ass and try again
>>
I have a confession to make. I actually liked the movie. I remember going to the theater to watch it, enjoying it and having my parents purchase the VHS when it was released
>>
>>67243878
I refuse to believe someone can be this retarded
>>
>>67244091
I had all the toys and I think that's why I'm so fucked up as an adult
>>
>>67243897

Been here since 08. I'm assuming it just comes from a board I don't use like most memes I'm not in on
>>
File: sam-and-twitch-110483.jpg (181 KB, 1538x1650) Image search: [Google]
sam-and-twitch-110483.jpg
181 KB, 1538x1650
>>67243479
Because true patricians preferred Sam and Twitch.
>>
>>67243791
Faggoty new way of attribution. It's for Redditors who think their sarcastic greentext was too subtle.

For Example:
>i enjoy the works of paul thomas anderson
t. Plebian

>Nurse Ratched was misunderstood, Nicholson was the true villain
t. BetaWhiteKnight

etc. This meme became more popular the more redditors we acquired.
>>
>>67245018
>t. Redditurd
>>
I never liked this show because the protagonist never stops whining about losing wife wife and spends most of his time obsessively stalking her or thinking about her. The guy has literally been to hell and back, regularly sees shit that he had no idea existed in the universe, etc. and his only reaction to all these things is "ugh, another irritating distraction from wallowing in self pity". I don't care how angry or depressed they are, a normal person would have had at least a smidgen of curiosity about the situation and the general weirdness surrounding it.
>>
>>67245194
But he just spent 5 years in hell. He's completely insane and has lost a lot of his memory. He's slowly remembering his life through night terrors. His past life is haunting him, it's his whole world.
>>
>>67245272
Yeah I guess it makes sense, it just got kind of tedious after "ughhh Wanda abloobloobloo" for six episodes in a row
>>
>>67243506

I wouldn't call it shitty. It it's merely a case of style over substance.
>>
>>67245451
I actually tried writing a Spawn thing some 8 years back because I always thought the character had potential but everything made with it was shit (including the comics, except for the first half of the HBO series).

Turns out he's a shit character that doesnt go anywhere after a while because he can do everything. The amnesia and dead wife shit are there to allow a story to be told - but the chracter is simply hard to fit in a plot.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.