[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't ascension basically LOST done right? Also, sequel when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: 0.jpg (51 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
51 KB, 400x300
Isn't ascension basically LOST done right?

Also, sequel when?
>>
>>67236488
>sequel
isn't that a series? since when series have sequels?
>>
>>67236973
Season 2, Sorry.

Mind you, it was a mini series, after all.

Can Gault be considered as good as dead. there is no way he would survive on his own.
>>
there's not gonne be a second season
i enjoyed it a lot, but i feel like they did everything with it that needed to be done

can someone explain to me how exactly being canned up in a fake spaceship for 60 years is causing evolutionary leaps that create a mutant who can teleport people across the galaxy?
>>
>>67236488
Dude this show is actually pretty good and I totally forgot about it.

I don't know if you can really call it LOST done right, as LOST imo is totally in it's own category. LOST is what happens when fucking ABC makes a show that people want to watch, put huge cliff hangers into every epsiode, and pretty much just say"plans? fuck em. Continuity? fuck that too. Lets just crank some shit out and they'll eat it up"
>>
>>67237169
-The people were selected from the start to all be of high potential.
-The computer might or might not have made matchmaking to increase the probability of evolution burst.
-A population under constant stress will tend to evolve and adapt faster.
>>
File: topkuk.jpg (111 KB, 500x610) Image search: [Google]
topkuk.jpg
111 KB, 500x610
>>67236488
>>
The only thing that doesn't make sense is the fake conspirationist fooling Krueger all along. If she was working for Warren, how come she and the TC group were surprised by her betrayal?
>>
>>67237253
that's all bullshit tho
pretty sure lots of people in history have been under a lot more stress than the people on ascension, and none of them have magically developed wormhole glands
>>
>>67237343
>pretty sure lots of people in history have been under a lot more stress than the people on ascension
But not under the control of a strict breeding program.

It seems rather clear that Enzmann's father started that program all along precisely because he saw the psycho power as being latent in the people he sectioned and specifically launched that program with the intend of giving birth to a person whose that power would finally emerge.

Fuck, those advanced 60's brain-scan seems to have been specifically designed to evaluate the emergence of this capacity.
>>
File: 0.jpg (11 KB, 493x739) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11 KB, 493x739
Sevral website are telling me that if I like ascencion, Dark MAtter would be interresting too. Is it a good show?
>>
>>67237466
it's watchable. i really wanted to like it, since so many of the stargate people are involved, but it couldn't keep my interest after a few episodes
>>
>>67237513
okay.
>>
>>67236488
thanks op
was looking for it but was completely unable to remember its name
>>
>>67237428
>But not under the control of a strict breeding program.

nigga i appreciate your suspension of disbelief but come on, no "strict breeding program" is going to ptoduce X-Men tier superpowers in a few decades
>>
The Expanse is similar
>>
>>67237665
That wasn't what the program was trying to do. That was an unforceen leap in evolution. What they wanted to do is create a race of people who would be able to go through an actual space journey on a ship. People geneticaally equipped to endure such a journey (by breeding, fake environment activating appropriate genes in the next generations, etc.).

The psychic powers were the sci-fi part of the series. The rest is based on actual science.
>>
>>67237665
>no "strict breeding program" is going to ptoduce X-Men tier superpowers in a few decades
Unless the pre-selected batch already had potential in it.

IT seems developping space power was always the intent of Enzman's father.

The childs and scientists he selected, under the pretence of being gifted were actually chosen because he had discovered they had the potential to develop such ability.
>>
>>67236488
does that poster depict a tier list of humans
ie. niggers, women, men
>>
>>67237901
notice how the black guy and the blonde white woman together are looking straight ahead into the future of humanity, where we see a big black rocket launching towards a planet (egg) for colonization (impregnation), while the white male stares into a different direction, isolated, with no future

>produced by Blumhouse Television
>>
>>67237901
It depicts what are more or less the main characters.
>>
>smartest people in america
>can't figure out that there should be no gravity in space
what a show
>>
>>67238314
I think they consider the ship is under constant acceleration, precisely to provide gravity.
>>
>>67236488
>Is a three episode mini series with cardboard characters and a generic detective plot sold as sci-fi better than one of the most groundbreaking and imaginative shows of all time?

No, no it's not OP
>>
>>67237466
It's shit. The redditors who enjoy psuedo-space fantasy (i.e. farscape)/capeshit/star wars seem to enjoy it though
>>
>>67238696
>Is a three episode mini series with cardboard characters and a generic detective plot sold as sci-fi
Debatable. Personally, I like all the characters and the plots were all well tied.
>better than one of the most groundbreaking and imaginative shows of all time?
Okay, anon, you are getting delusional, there. The only good part of Lost is Season 1, after that it become clears the producer had no idea of what they were doing.

Ascension has this over lost that it doesn't stall for too long before making their revelations and their revelation aren't half-assed in a way that actually doesn't address what it was supposed to reveal.
>>
>>67238718
I enjoy capeshit. (I mostly post on /co/, though).
>>
File: desmondconstant.jpg (5 KB, 304x166) Image search: [Google]
desmondconstant.jpg
5 KB, 304x166
>>67238929
>The only good part of Lost is Season 1

Literally one of the best episodes in the history of television came in season 4
>>
The "superpowers evolution" thing is fantasy and not to be taken seriously.
>>
It's not science-fiction, it's science-fantasy.
>>
>>67236488
Start of first episode. Niggers everywhere with the elite.
Nigger fucking some blonde.
Why do they need to lie about the past?
Dropped.
>>
>>67236488
>1959
>most advanced shit people every made.
>niggers on board.

Are you fucking kidding me? This would never have happened back then.
>>
File: 1457383116038.jpg (307 KB, 806x600) Image search: [Google]
1457383116038.jpg
307 KB, 806x600
>>67239642
>>67239719
WOW...like...umm, don't you want to live in a progressive future? What the hell, guys...ok
>>
The writing and directing/acting is abysmal. Nothing makes sense. People act and talk like robots with forced exposition everywhere.
>>
Hello. I fucking loved BSG and thought the Expanse was okay. Would I like this show?
>>
>>67239642
Dude, you have some issue.
1- there is ONE noticeable black character, that's hardly black everywhere
2-he is fucking some brunette.

You have to admit it. You are so far up your ass about "muh diversity" that you are starting to see things that aren't even real.
>>
>>67239719
This was under the Kenedy administration and back then there was already black in the army, and they recruited gifted children from everywhere.
>>
>>67239927
Definitely.
>>
>>67239991
There is no chance in hell that in 1959 they would assign black people on such a project.
The fact that you dont seem to realize it just shows how showing things like this changes people's perception of the past.
>>
>>67240021
No it wasnt and even during the 60's there was no way niggers would be allowed on such projects.
>>
This show looks and feels like days of our lives in space.
Horrible dialogue, shit level acting and directing, retarded filters(green cause we are in the machine shop lol) etc...
Unwatchable.
>>
>>67240192
this. unfortunately its shit.
>>
this series was complete shit, boring soap opera "who's fucking who" drama instead of any real science fiction, the anachronistic spaceship is completely incidental
>>
>>67240047
>>67240097
Kennedy administration. Black in military. IQ tests.

Also, you seem to have kind of caricatural vision of how segregation worked.

Even before Civil war, it was possible (in states were slavery was already abolished) for black to have high Ranking jobs. It was just much more harder for them to get them.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.