[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was supposedly wrong with this? I thought it delivered exactly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 34675[1].jpg (204 KB, 1435x703) Image search: [Google]
34675[1].jpg
204 KB, 1435x703
What was supposedly wrong with this? I thought it delivered exactly what an Avengers movie would set out to. The only thing I didn't like was that I thought the villain was a bit lame but that's nothing new.
>>
File: BTFO.png (53 KB, 906x383) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
53 KB, 906x383
>>67232926
Nothing

DCuks grabbing at straws right before their franchise fails again oh so spectacularly.

pic related.
>>
I enjoyed it and it was clear whedon was fighting the studio at every turn.

Why did they make Ultron have SO MANY quips though? It completely took me out of the moment in half his scenes, and made him a less serious villain as a result.
>>
File: 1440150522285.webm (3 MB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
1440150522285.webm
3 MB, 720x300
tell me what is wrong with this
>>
>>67233003
Just Thor's whimpy swing, that's all.
>>
File: 1440150783306.webm (3 MB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
1440150783306.webm
3 MB, 1280x534
or this
>>
>>67233045
Just the part where the robbit's head apparently doubles as a rocket booster.
>>
File: 1440151020464.webm (3 MB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
1440151020464.webm
3 MB, 1280x534
and this
>>
>>67233103
CG Vision looks amazing. I remember when seeing CG guys start jumping around used to really take you out of it.
>>
>>67232926
IT had no weight to it. I did not feel any emotion with this film compared to the first one. I believe it was due to a weak villain, scenes wasted to showcase the heroes are rescuing folks all the time (each hero had one or two). It felt like a pg flick.
>>
>>67233045
Nothing, it just was retarded.
>>
>>67232926
It was supposed to be the climax of Phase 2, but it felt like filler.
I appreaciate that it introduced the twins and Vision, but it fucked up other things, like making Ultron less threatening because the early screenings scared people.
>>
File: 1458164523602.jpg (81 KB, 352x515) Image search: [Google]
1458164523602.jpg
81 KB, 352x515
>>67232973
>9 billion after 10 films and a shedloads of toys/marketing
>600 million from one film.
>>
>>67232926
Diminishing returns, it was equal to the quality of the first Avengers but less impressive.
>>
>>67233233
It's only taking into count movie box office.
Disney gets about 40 billion every year from merchandise alone.
>>
>>67232994
Apparently in screen testing Ultron scared people, so they completely reversed all that.
Fucking retards.
>>
Nothing was wrong with the movie itself, it was another avengers movie and that was it.

The main problem here is, Avengers 1 was a success and without even releasing Avengers 2 they had already announced that their Avengers 3 will be infinity war.

That leaves Ultron in a very complicated place, the bar is set too fucking high but it only delivered enough.

if theres one problem though it would be hulk and widow
>>
Watched it last night, was terrible but felt like they were trying to rush through a check list of shit to set up other movies at the expense of this movie.
Effects looked like garbage, it's like they are getting worse over time.
>>
>>67233358
>was terrible
lel, Wasn't terrible I mean
>>
>>67233254
I'm OK with that explanation.

>>67233338
Hulk was handled much better this time around IMO. I know that's not what you're referring to specifically but it is a plus.

>>67233358
>felt like they were trying to rush through a check list
It's an Avengers movie. There's an asston of very special characters they have to get through; that's the whole point of the thing. It's a lot better than what X-Men has been doing just revolving around Wolverine while the other characters just pop in to be sassy once in a while.
>>
>>67233003
try to have a group shot but they've introduced too many characters and it turns out the be a complete cluster fuck
>>
>>67233420
>this is a bad thing
>>
I thought it was boring apart from iron man punching hulk in the face and that little house on the prairie shit was weird
>>
>>67232926
nothing wrong with it, its exactly like its counterpart in the comics, crossovers always have been and always will be shit.
>>
File: deadslav.jpg (47 KB, 720x312) Image search: [Google]
deadslav.jpg
47 KB, 720x312
lol, Slavsilver got ventilated
>>
>>67233420
Its suppose to be chaotic, its a group fight.
>>
>>67233474
It's like they knew they got btfo by X-Men Quicksilver
>>
>should have had different director
>should have been a two part flick
>shouldn't have killed a character due to bitterness (see first point)
>shouldn't of had stupid side plots that came out of nowhere and went nowhere (see first point)
>should have had a different director
>should have came after Ant Man and had the plot be like the actual story which is good
>Hulk not to be a mindless ape again
>Not another Thanos credits scene that once again is a couple of years away and goes nowhere
>>
>>67233332
>>67233205

:l
>>
>>67232994
they also use the excuse that stark and banners personalities moulders into Ultron when Ultron was listening to them.

they really did do it with the quips though. I also hated how one minute he was in the broken down iron suits, then Literally the next scene he's this huge metal one.. why
>>
>>67232926
Focuses on too many characters, spreads itself too thin.
Doesn't follow the point of view of one main character.
Should have focused on Tony Stark and Ultron the most, because their story is the main story of this movie.

Villain was weak and easily defeated. Didn't seem that much of a threat, and seemed to be defeated in about one afternoon. Doesn't live up to the title of "Age of Ultron."

Too many hints at future sequel movies such as Thor Ragnarok. This removes any weight or seriousness from the current villain, because they're already telegraphing that everything will be solved and that you should get ready to look forward to the next crisis or villain.
>>
Ultron was the quipper elite.

And don't tell me "but his programming was based on Starks brain"
No it wasn't. They cut that detail out. And even if it was back in the film, justification or not, under no circumstance should the end result be Memetron
>>
>>67235312
>villain was weak and easily defeated.

That's also a problem. Look at this shit.

http://youtu.be/k5aj7akdNkM
>>
>>67236823
ultron never really felt like a threat in the film honestly, it was a shame.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.