[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PROS: Director is a gamer, also directed two modestly budgeted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: warcraft_ver8.jpg (141 KB, 509x755) Image search: [Google]
warcraft_ver8.jpg
141 KB, 509x755
PROS: Director is a gamer, also directed two modestly budgeted quality sci-fi films.

CONS: Not a single famous actor, literally the most famous person in the cast is Ben Foster, and if you're like "who?" then that's my point.

How confident are we, Anon?
>>
>>67232387
>How confident are we, Anon?
Not confident at all. But I never was since video game based movies are rarely any good.

I hope it will be at least visually pleasing and enjoyable for what it is.
>>
>>67232387
I thought Clancy Brown was also in it?
>>
File: 1458457778361.png (417 KB, 451x588) Image search: [Google]
1458457778361.png
417 KB, 451x588
>yfw vidyashit era begins
>>
I really can't even imagine what people are expecting out of this.

Warcraft doesn't have a story or characters. It isn't a world, it's a pile of cliches molded into one level design after another.
>>
>>67232420
Not exactly a household name, but neither is Ben Foster.

I give Foster the edge as I think the last mainstream hit Clancy Brown was in came out in the 1980s, right?
>>
>>67232426
Don't be so pessimistic.
At best Warcraft and Angry Birds will be fun/mediocre.
AssCreed will probably suck.
Studios will realize vidya doesn't make for good movies and leave it alone for a while.
>>
>>67232440
>Warcraft doesn't have a story or characters.
It's not War and Peace but that is just wrong. It has just as much of a story as a ton of other crap being made into films.
>>
>>67232387
Didn't this come out months ago?
>>
>>67232458
>lumping Warcraft and Angry Birds into the same category
Pardon me negro, I do believe you just went full retard.
>>
Ben Foster was the angel guy in X-Men 3.
>>
>>67232472
Well there ya go. It's all marketing and no movie.
>>
>>67232504
I just have very low expectations.
>>
>>67232501
This summer.

>>67232458
The director of AssCreed just directed a version of Macbeth. The director of Warcraft directed two great sci-fi flicks. AB is directed by two nobodies, from a concept that stopped being popular two years ago. It's this years Jem.

Learn/2/tv/
>>
>>67232452
clancy brown is a famous and beloved voice actor and appears in shows live action too

like Flash and Daredevil S2
>>
>>67232540
You can't really say that before the movie comes out and expect people to take you seriously. Really you just come across as someone looking for something to bitch about.
>>
>>67232540
That's not what he said. The game itself does have a plot, it's just you don't actually know it because you never played the game. Thanks for your hot take, though.
>>
>>67232607
It's a fine game. It just doesn't have a story. Or not one worth writing into (say) a book.

>>67232601
>you just come across as someone looking for something to bitch about.
Oh, sorry, was I on the wrong board?
>>
cons: will probably 2 hours of uncanny valley
>>
>>67232738
Lore wise it could be made into a decent movie. Warcraft 1 2 and 3 at least. Not WoW. It has enough background and interesting characters to worked
>>
>>67232805
There's maybe one and a half characters: the guy who was good and then was 'corrupted' (and then someone kills him), and the good guy who hasn't been corrupted yet.
>>
>>67232738
But this isn't a book, it's a 2-hour action movie.

THERE ARE SOME SUBTLE DIFFERENCES
>>
>>67232805
Warcraft 1 was literally just orcs vs humans, and 2 wasn't much better.
there's no way to make that an interesting movie without completely rebuilding it from the ground up, which they hopefully did since they already said the movie is non canon.
>>
>>67232865
>they said the movie is non-canon
That's stupid as hell, they need it canon so they can tie it in to the expansion that comes out when the movie does.
>>
>>67232860
Yes, the blu-rays for this will take up slightly less space in the landfill.
>>
>>67232738
>doesn't have a story
Nigga you retarded
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.