[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the most unnecessary documentary of all time? She had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7
File: Amy--A4-Poster[1].jpg (126 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Amy--A4-Poster[1].jpg
126 KB, 640x800
Is this the most unnecessary documentary of all time?

She had like two hits then died.
>>
She was also a crack addict with a cult of personality around her.
She deserves a documentary as much as Cobain does, and that guy has dozens
>>
Did it reflect on the culture that glorifies drug use and fails to recognize mental illness in famous people that killed her and countless other celebrities?
>>
The saddest bit was when she won the grammy, everybody was praising her, it was pretty much the climax of her life as a singer, and then she said:

"This is so boring without drugs"

It just got me.
>>
>>67230343
She was a fantastic singer and had a great sense of humour. Fuck outta heere
>>
HAHa op is fgt
>>
>>67230343
>Is this the most unnecessary documentary of all time?

Naw, the one on your sex life would literally be just a blank tape
>>
>>67230343
Should documentaries only be made if you deem them necessary?
>>
Nothing was really a surprise or eye opening except that it was really her exboyfriend that got her addicted to drugs.
>>
>>67230343
I had no idea she could sing so well until i saw this. Most Americans exposure to Amy was through Tonight show monologues. Also she was a real fan of jazz and its history. She was overcompensating with her voice which was really powerful but behind her voice she was a very fragile person.
>>
>>67230343
>two hits then died
Nah dude she died from alcohol poisoning.
>>
>>67230428
That was her boyfriend that told her she was boring without drugs.
>>
>>67230486
Boo
>>
File: decimatetheweak.jpg (22 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
decimatetheweak.jpg
22 KB, 500x354
>>67230343
How on God's green Earth did this piece of shit win the Oscar over not only Montage of Heck, but also fucking Going Clear?
>>
>>67230760
Alex Gibney is too based for their candy asses
>>
>>67230620
Uh... Huh.

She had nothing to do with it, of course?
>>
File: 1429791190811.gif (2 MB, 267x329) Image search: [Google]
1429791190811.gif
2 MB, 267x329
>>67230486
Ruined it

>>67230734
Saved it
>>
>>67230343
literally over hyped drug whore
>>
I'm not sure about unnecessary, but was it worthy of the academy award?
>>
>>67230904
On the same year that Going Clear aka the most daring documentary against the CoS to date came out?
Absolutely fucking not.
>>
>people saying her bf got her addicted to drugs
>implying a sane person thinks it might be a good idea to shoot dope and smoke crack cocaine
>>
>>67230486
You should've got the directors cut where I give your sister one up the shitter.
>>
>>67230343
Does that tattoo say daddy?
>>
>>67230382

Cobain had a much better and lengthier career. This coke-bloated waste of space is still getting talked about years after her death and I don't understand why.
>>
>>67231215
Their careers lasted just as long.
There's no reason to talk about Cobain either, he was a three chord power pop writing hack.
>>
>>67230343
>She had like two hits then died.

I think it was just the one that took her over the edge tbf
>>
>>67230343
>died
she was fucking murdered by the powers that be for dropping righteous red pills nigga
>>
I think it was about how she had the potential to have a long illustrious career and after said two hits completely wiped it out by dying.

It's about what could have been.

To clarify: I don't give a shit about her or her music but that's what it's about
>>
>>67230343
looks like sarah silverman
>>
>>67231377
like what
>>
>>67230928
You haven't seen The Look of Silence have you?
>>
>>67231127
>>67230734
>these excellent bantz
are the australians saving /tv/?
>>
>>67231215
>Cobain
Stopped reading, he was a drug addled depressed hack that became an hero because life as a superstar was too hard when "nobody understands you". At least Amy died like a legend by doing copious amounts of intoxicants.
>>
>>67230343

The skanky looking cockney whore had more than two hits. I reckon it was more like 22 that finally put it out of our misery.
>>
Maybe I'm wrong but nobody really liked her before she died. Like her music was acclaimed but she wasn't well liked at all and certainly wasn't a household name.

She's a good example for mental health awareness now.
>>
>>67231410
triangles are bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEpCAkCto18
>>
>>67231215
Amy Winehouse has sold more albums than Nirvana
>>
>>67231450
I want to believe.
>>
>>67231444
>I didn't know her, therefore nobody knew about her
Are you a literal retard? You realize you live on a planet with BILLIONS OF PEOPLE? Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people didn't, and you certainly aren't important in any sense of the word.
>>
>>67231495
Lol what's wrong with you, you spastic?

She wasn't hardly a household name before she died and nobody thought highly of her except a few junkies.

It was all postmortem fame.
>>
>>67231524
She swept the Grammys one year, that pretty much made her a household name
>>
>>67231524
>I didn't know her therefore nobody knew her
You still aren't refuting my claim. Did you take a census of people in your neighborhood? Did you monitor her popularity worldwide? Are you an Amy Winehouse expert? No, you are a retard with a computer and a dumb ass opinion that the world is filled with people who have the same thoughts as you.
>>
>>67230343

James Dean had two and a half hits then died.

Amy fits the same bill he did; exorbitant talent, rogueish personality, an early death that stings for the fact that you know there was probably plenty of good shit left to see/hear from them.

I loved Amy Winehouse. I was pissed that she died only because I know she would have made plenty of fucking great songs. Adelle ain't shit.
>>
>>67230760
You put both of those over Look of Silence?
>>
>>67230343
>She had like two hits and then died
>>
File: my wife's son.jpg (330 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
my wife's son.jpg
330 KB, 960x960
Protip, retards: The violent cucks in this thread who are getting assblasted over not everyone being familiar with Winehouse are just Britbongs who are upset that the real world doesn't care about their dead junkie. Susan Boyle has more impact and relevance than this horse did dead or alive lmao
>>
>>67231631
Woah dude you're so cool. Please post more.
>>
>>67231675
lmao typical pseudo-passive-aggressive britfag post since it lacks the stones to actually tell someone to fuck off
should I let you suck my cock a little bit to cheer you up? It won't make your country relevant again tho
>>
I always wondered what her Bond theme would have been like if they didn't replace her with Jack White.
>>
>>67231436

>an hero

4chan is 18+, senpai.
>>
>>67231905
Get out
>>
>>67231606
>exorbitant talent,

Nah
>>
>>67231797
Why would you make fun of Bernie if you claim it's "Britbongs" who defend this? I know you are retarded but this is a whole new level.
>>67231905
Sorry, I forgot that underage reddit users invented An Hero.
>>
>>67231926

No, you should be sorry for thinking he killed himself. Courtney had him offed, bruh.
>>
>>67231631
>actually photoshopping a brown child
>not knowing he legitimately has gook grandchildren
YGSIU /tv/
>>
>>67231952
If Courtney had actually killed him it would've been drug related and you know it.
>>
>>67231952
Ah yes, the writer of songs like Seaside Suicide and I Hate Myself And I Want To Die, when facing divorce, the vapidness of fame along with crippling stomach pains, writer's block and heroin addiction, was actually murdered.
>>
>>67231971

Kurt was planning on divorcing her which meant she wouldn't have gotten any of that sweet Smells Like Teen Spirit dosh. Killing him handed her multiple millions of dollars.
>>
>>67232020

Kurt was going to divorce her, not the other way around, and he hadn't had those crippling stomach pains for almost a year before he was killed.
>>
I Love You Miss Simone was the best music documentary in years. But for some reason this one gets more attention.
>>
>>67232047
It didn't matter if he was going to divorce her of viceversa, the fact stays that he was going to do the same shit that he resented so much to little Frances Bean, that was what bothered him the most.
>>
>>67232029
>>67232047
While I don't deny that Courtney was the main reason why he killed himself you are delusional if you don't think Kurt himself pulled the trigger because he was a depressed little bitch. If Courtney murdered him she could've just poisoned him, or left him face up after a heroin OD. But no, he pulled the trigger because he was a crying little bitch boy who "had a hard life" in the lap of luxury and fame in the hayday of the worst genre of music.
>>
>>67232078
What happened miss Simone
>>
>>67231919

Admittedly, both of them died too young for us to witness a potential blossoming towards greatness. But she was a young artist who stood out, and I would have liked to see more from her.
>>
>>67231631

YOUR MEME IS FUCKING RETARDED BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT LOOK LIKE HIM
>>
Is it bad that the only song I know of hers is the rehab one and that I didn't even know she died? I remember sometime ago she had some weird growth on her face that looked nasty. I don't really like singers with voices like hers.
>>
>>67232128
oh yeah, whatever. Nina Simone is god tier and recomend checking it out.
>>
>>67231474
Because the market is bigger nowadays and because her music appeals to a broader age range, you imbecile.
>>
>>67232124

Yeah, because pumping an exorbiant amount of heroin into your system and staying awake long enough to pull the trigger on a long gun(with the shotgun shell landing on the opposite side of his body from where it should've been had he actually killed himself) is totally plausible.

Go watch Soaked in Bleach, famalam.
>>
>she had like 2 hits

dude her album was fucking amazing.

i like how all her music reflected on her personal life. most of the songs were about her cheating,doing drugs,alcohol problems and depression.

she had an amazing voice.
im still sad she ended up dying. i thought she was going to get her shit together one day and start doing new music. she kinds did before she died.

also the paps antagonizing her and shit pissed me off,even before this Documentary was made.

she had a serious problem and people just made fun of her and tried to get her at her lowest point.

hopefully the Biopic is really good.
noomi rapace is set to play her. reason why she's not doing the Prometheus sequel.
>>
She had really awesome arm hair though.
>>
>>67230700
We have the radio in America as well you cunt. Literally everyone knows You Know That I'm No Good and Rehab.
>>
File: 1422283289078.jpg (36 KB, 464x397) Image search: [Google]
1422283289078.jpg
36 KB, 464x397
>>67232241
when will this fucking meme end?!
>>
>>67230343
So, what's your take on people like Janis Joplin, and Billie Holiday?

As far as I'm concerned, Amy Winehouse was quite talented, and it's a shame she went and joined Club 27, like so many other great talents.
>>
Literally famous for being dead.
>>
File: amy-winehouse-26.jpg (762 KB, 2370x3000) Image search: [Google]
amy-winehouse-26.jpg
762 KB, 2370x3000
>>67232299
Truth is not a meme.
>>
>>67232678
no but your fetish is
>>
Looks like 'Mr.I have a thing to butt-ugly girls' has a thing for butt-ugly girls.
>>
>>67230343
Not in Yurp.
Lots of shitty singers fizzle here and go on to be superstars in the future Muslim continent, since the bar for quality there is really low.
>>
>>67232678
>blake's across your tits

I thought jews were supposed to be smart.
>>
>>67230760
>Montage of Heck

you mean that childish piece of shit funded by courtney?
>>
Amy Winehouse was a dumb, ugly crackwhore with an awful voice and every one of her songs was bad.
>>
>>67230343
I honestly couldn't stand Amy Winehouse and I still can't. She's the same tier as Adele to me, an annoying, overly present overly loud singer.

>tfw there will never be a documentary about Alison Mosshart
>>
>>67230343
I never heard of her until after she died
>>
>>67230760
because a lot of scientologists are in hollywood who wouldnt like going clear to get an oscar
>>
>>67230343
I enjoyed the documentary. No pity for her but it was still fairly interesting and reasonably well made.
>>
>>67230343
She's fucking ugly as sin.
>>
Reminder she was unironically considered a 10/10 in Bongland
>>
>>67233977
I'd love to see a documentary on Kesha
>>
>>67234061
No thanks, documentaries about cancer are always so depressing.
>>
>>67234052
She definitely wasnt m8, i can assure you.
>>
she faked her death anons.

she now live on an island doing crack to her hearts content.

crack ISLAND Disks==== what songs is on her ipod?
>>
she looks like lady gaga cousin?

are they both jewish ????
>>
>>67232187
>you imbecile

It wasn't even true. Nevermind's sold more than her whole discography.
>>
>>67234131
Is Lady Gaga is Catholic but Italians are pretty much jews
>>
>>67234198
>Italians are pretty much jews ???

care to enlighten me anon ?
>>
Didn't she die in the same week as Breivik went on a shooting spree? I was on holiday back then and that was a weird week.
>>
>>67231524
What the fuck are you on about? Everyone knew who she was before she died.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.