[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder this is a patrician only rank 4≥5>6>7≥3>2>1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
Reminder this is a patrician only rank

4≥5>6>7≥3>2>1
>>
5>4>6>7>1>2>3

Fixed
>>
What tv show is this?
>>
>>67227663
>5>4>6>7>1>2>3

this, although i might disagree with 2>3, by the time it gets there they're both so clouded with the dark side it gets fuzzy
>>
>>67227697
Star Track
>>

Fixed
>>
>>67227736
I thought it was Space Truckers.
>>
4, 5, 6.

there are no other star wars films.

;_;
>>
V ≥ IV > VI > III ≥ VII > I >> II
>>
File: 1284093680284.jpg (191 KB, 708x1021) Image search: [Google]
1284093680284.jpg
191 KB, 708x1021
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"

Episode 7 isn't even a Star Wars movies. It is a Marvel flick masquerading as one.
>>
5>4>7>6>3>1>2

ROTJ is overrated because of nostalgia
>>
>>67227528
Almost perfect. 7 is without a doubt last, however. The prequels were nonsensical retarded shit, but 7 was retarded boring bullshit.
>>
>>67227809
>ROTJ is overrated because of nostalgia
>ranks 7 as 3rd
>>
>>67227777
>Pasta gets quads
The heavenly peperoni has spoken.
The Force Awakens is not Star Wars.
>>
Personally
4>7>5>3>6>2>1
Can't wait for 8!
>>
>>67227809
>jabba
>sheev
>nostalgia and not based for eternity
>>
>>67227939
Sheev is one good part of an otherwise mediocre flick

Jabba's palace goes on 20 minutes longer than it needed to
>>
File: _1445350717.png (185 KB, 600x332) Image search: [Google]
_1445350717.png
185 KB, 600x332
>>67227985
No jabbas palace is the best 30 minutes of star wars
>20 min too long
>>
>>67227985
You're telling me you didn't want:

Han Solo rescue

Monster fight

Sandbardge action sequence

All within your opening act?
>>
People only say 7 is better than anything because they're trying to trigger you. Please ignore any posts with 7 being above the prequels.
>>
File: mfw get home to 4chan.gif (938 KB, 469x317) Image search: [Google]
mfw get home to 4chan.gif
938 KB, 469x317
>>67227777
Posts like this make /tv/ worth not nuking.

Empire Strikes Back is probably the most overrated movie in existence and the prequels are genuinely really cool movies. If everybody could drop their ideas of what Stars Wars should be and just look at them as movies it should be clear. TFA is just junk wearing a stormtrooper outfit and the prequels are exciting, cutting edge stuff.
>>
>>67227528

I respectfully disagree with your opinion.

IV=V>VI=VII=III>I>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>II

even though it had based Jango, Windu and Dooku
>>
>>67228191
This. Somethinf about episode 7 just doesnt make me "like" it or appreciate it as I do with the prequels. I mean it had some good bits but the rip offs ruined it.

DAMNIT JJ YOU HAD 1 JOB
>>
>>67228251
Fuck off attack is way better than episode 1 even tho episode 1 was less boring.. something about episode 2 just really makes me like it with jango, dooku as u said they are BASED
>>
Anybody who rates episode ii as the worst is an animal
>>
5>6>4>7>1>2>3

anyone who doesn't believe that empire strikes back is the best should at least realize they have the most wrong opinion ever formed even if they can never get rid of it.
>>
>>67229050
>putting episode 7 before 1 2 3
You have committed a grave crime anon
>>
>>67229050

>anyone who doesn't believe that the force awakens is the worst should at least realize they have the most wrong opinion ever formed even if they can never get rid of it.
>>
>>67228393
Honestly I'll take bad ideas and mediocre execution (episode 1) over good ideas and the worst execution (episode 2). Episode 2 could have been soooo much better, but the pacing, janky directing/writing/acting, and unnatural love plot was just too much.
>>
>>67229133
>>67229203
is this a new meme? i remember /tv/ loving TFA at release. regardless, the prequels and the reboot are both inferior to the original trilogy, so who cares.
>>
>>67227777
Actually Star Wars: The Clone Wars theatrical movie is the best you turbo pleb.
>>
>>67229563
I'll let you in on a secret
>new movie comes out
>no cine knowledge plebs come to /tv/ to talk about it and spew their optimistic and positive opinions about it
>the patrician regular posters either wait for for the rip or are in the minority
>the plebs leave because they have other boards to shitpost on
>all that's left are the regular /tv/ posters
>they usually hate it/don't care for it since movies like this tend to be shit
>cycle repeats when the YIFY torrent comes out but forces are more evenly matched this time

However for some reason this time you fotm tourists didn't leave
>>
TCW > 3 > 7 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 1
>>
>>67229175
V isn't the 2nd to worst. And I love II III and VI. V is very very good
>>
>>67227663
5>4>6>1>2>3>7
Fixed.
>>
>>67229763
Han evading the empire for the entire movie is based then he gets frozen in carbonate and betrayed by based landomand Luke leaves his primo based sash spot on dagobah to fight some primo vader
>>
>>67227777
>b8 gets the get

What a time to be alive
>>
>>67228084
I didn't need 10 minutes of filler with the droids and another 10 with leia
>>
>>67228285
Are you implying the prequels didn't have a ton of rip offs?
>>
>>67229941
>Luke literally does nothing for 95% of the movie and then gets his shit pushed in after an incredibly bland duel.
do you really believe this. Luke actually trains and holds his own against Vader until he pisses him off and grazes him, granted he was beaten before that but resisted even though there was nowhere to go. Vader spares him because he's his father and he wants to literally rule the galaxy with him bf Luke is strong with the force because Yoda has been physically and mentally training his ass. Compared to rey who goes an entire movie doing Rotj level Luke force abilities and saber abilities without any training bc that would be boring? fuck you, and this isn't even about 7
>>
>>67230050
>shilling for George lucas
>the faggot who rewrote ROTJ because he was afraid the original draft would lower toy sales
>and created the ewoks and jar jar solely to sell toys to small children

Why do people do this?
>>
>>67230091
What if I didn't want han to die in in Rotj

What if I wanted him to celebrate victory

What if I like the pottery of him being an old fool like obi wan was and sacrificing himself
>>
File: z6hB9sP.jpg (258 KB, 626x958) Image search: [Google]
z6hB9sP.jpg
258 KB, 626x958
>the prequels are bad movies
>people actually believe this
>>
>>67230164
Whatndo you mean wrong part he didn't get an address from obi wans ghost
>>
5>4>3>6>7>2>1

Search your heart, you know it to be true.
>>
>>67230119
I loved TFA so I'm glad Han ultimately lived through RotJ, but it's historical record that George spared him not for creative reasons, but because he was worried it would affect toy sales

Yet George is the autuer and JJ is the hack?
>>
>>67229563
>I remember /tv/ loving FTA
This never happened dude idk what u are on about
>>
>>67230342
Maybe because all he can see is swamp and he has no fucking clue what to do
>>
>>67230014
The prequels had no rip offs at all. Not 1 and anakin growing up in a desert place is not a rip off
>>
>>67229563
>>67230376
Everyone loves TFA, it's only prequel babies and autistic spergs who chanted this is reddit this is memes while watching it who hates it
>>
>>67230313
George rewrote a good movie to get more profits.
J.J. never wrote a good movie to begin with.

George is a filmmaker a turbo capitalist.
J.J. is a turbo capitalist who makes films.
>>
>>67230389
Phantom menace literally ends on a staircase celebrating a Skywalker blowing up a space station
>>
>>67230429
Are you exhausted from those mental gymnastics?
>>
>>67230458
Not really.
Some of us don't get tired from using our brains, but you have my sympathies.
>>
>>67227663
Pretty good, 2 and 3 could switch
>>
>>67230468
>ring theory reddit meme

Kill yourself

So it's okay when George rehashes concepts but when JJ uses the basic framework of ANH to introduce his new characters to an established universe it's hackery?
>>
>>67230488
Whatever helps you deal with your cognitive dissonance
>>
>>67230440
Pottery George thank you

Also this is serious level pottery. Bona fett tracks the millennium falcon after it tries hiding from the star destroyer by hiding on the star destroyer in empire. In attack of the clones boba witnesses obi wan hide on an asteroid, in an asteroid belt to avoid getting wrecked
>>
File: 1306642334179.png (379 KB, 510x484) Image search: [Google]
1306642334179.png
379 KB, 510x484
OFFICIAL BASED STARWARS MOVIE POWER RANKINGS

1) A New Hope
2) Empire Strikes Back
*power gap*
3) Phantom Menace
4) Return of the Jedi
5) Revenge of the Sith
6) The Force Awakens
>9001) Attack of the Clones
>>
>>67230503
1 4
2 5
3 6

Theres some good pottery. Its melodic. You can pick up anywhere in the trilogies and you will have pottery occurring, and you will watch a neverending ring of pot
>>
>>67227663
5>6>4>1>7>3>2
>>
>>67230520
Shit posting aside:
The prequels are a load of shit, I won't argue with you on that.
But being on par with them is not an achievement The Force Awakens should be proud of.
>>
>>67230727
It's below them

>that horrible helicopter shot

literally the worst decision in all of star wars history
>>
>>67230791
Oh Jesus, I forgot about that.
I honestly thought that the projectionist accidentally put in a review copy of the movie with unfinished editing when that happened.
It felt like any moment the camera is going to pan away and Morgan Freeman is going to start talking about the majesty of nature, and educate me on how the grand rock formations of those islands were created over hundreds of thousands of years.
>>
>>67230416
>everyone loves TFA
Welcome to /tv/ I take it you have just gotten hear and have not read any of the threads that have been posted about TFA ever since the movie came out.

Please do not say lies about no one hating FTA because fact is majority here do. Just start a thread and ask "did you like this movie" and be presently surprised.

If by "everyone loves FTA" you mean that even those not from /tv/ do, then please visit the IMDB forum and be surprised again at all the negativity it has gotten: most of this being how much JJ ripped off ANH and even JJ himself stated in a recent interview that some will consider FTA a direct copycat - so you see: even if knows the truth of how much he failed at creating a good Episode 7.
>>
>>67230791
Nothing wrong with the helicopter shot, it promises more to come it is star wars.
>>
>>67230903
I agree I loved the ending frame of Episode 7
>>
>>67230903
>>67231001
I liked the helicopter shot too. Idk why it triggers people so much. Maybe theyre still used to the boring static camerawork of the prequels?
>>
>>67230874
i hope this comment is satire that was an embarrassing read
>>
>>67231040
Fuck off it was perfect. Wait until 29th of march when movie is out
>>
>>67231141
If you're being honest:
It's less that it's a bad shot (although from memory it shook way more than it should've it was like a 70s aerial shot) and more that it was one shot too many.
The whole "slowly look at eachother and then hold out the thing and continue to look at eachother, and now the camera is going around the island as they look at eachother and hold the thing" thing felt like it belonged in an "Airplane!" style parody of dramatic scenes, than in an actual movie.
>>
>>67231234
If they made the scene shorter then it would hav looked less goofy as they end on a long aerial shot
>>
>>67231208
Oh boy a tracking shot made in a computer with zero actual camerawork, so impressive
>>
5>4>3>2>6>1>7
>>
>>67231262
Yeah, basically what I was trying to say.
It drew it out way too long, and it made it feel over indulgent.
>>
>>67231208
Kek implying a digital camera moving in a video game world is the same thing as setting up a real helicopter and filming a real moving scene
>>
>>67227528
Almost, almost perfect. Wouldn't say 7 is greater or equal to 3, it's just greater. And 2 really just is the worst.
>>
>>67229175
Woah.
>>67227528
V > IV > VI > VII > III > I = II
>>
>>67231345
Episode 7 will always be last on my list due to it being unoriginal and a rip off of ANH. Yes it had some great acting better than the prequels, great camera work but if JJ had wrote a more original script and actually edited it better with better pacing and "some" politics so we know how the fuck the New Order was able to build the starkiller base without any resources after the entire Empire was destroyed.. then I would rate it higher. But at this moment without an extended cut, the movie fails at telling a story whilst the prequels told you everything about Anakin's childhood to know who he was (apart from who his father was as the non canon Darth Plageuis book explains).

For FTA we get a Mary Sue who is good at everything whilst JJ did such a bad job at explaining why she is so good... okay so she used flight simulators which the novelization explains BUT the movie doesn't at all explain this! What the absolute fuck JJ!?

JJ was either high or drugs or just only cared about making a Michael Bay action film with bad pacing that gives no good backstory into each character that would cause us to care for each.

Why do we care for Rey when she is never in any danger? Luke failed heaps of times in the OT yet Rey is good at everything.

For fuck sake there would have never been any mary sue reference if JJ had directed a scene showing Rey reading an old book about the Jedi and how to do force powers. THEN we as the audience would understand how she knew about everything.

Fucking JJ you had ONE JOB!!
>>
>>67227528
V > IV ≥ VI > II ≥ III > I

Anyone who doubts it sucks cocks by choice.

III had a lot of retarded shit, laughable meme dialog, nonsensical plot twists, and Padame's death and the NOOOOOOOO sealed the deal. And lets not forget how Ankin became Vader.

I is at the bottom only because its skipable, it doesn't really add anything to the series, but it does fuck up the lore and gets the whole prequels started on a bad path.

I haven't seen VII, I wasn't that interested and I didn't want to support fanfiction and send Disney the wrong message, I'll DL after the Blurays are released. And I saw all the prequels and the re-release of VI in theaters.
>>
>>67231511
Meanwhile you love the prequels, where anakin is in no danger because we know what's going to happen and they rip off a ton from the original trilogy

The final shot OF ROTS is a ripoff of the binary sunset
>>
>>67227528
>IV and V equal
>well, okay
>VI equal to a more boring ripoff of an already existing movie
Yeah, no, you're wrong. BETTER THAN, not EQUAL.
>>
>>67232438
Is it a rip off if its from the same guy who makes them?

One problem with the prequels, besides the shitty story, is that they are so far from the originals.
I'm not of the prequel defense force, but at least he tried something new.
>>
>>67232478
>he fell for the "George lucas created star wars" meme

And the prequels aren't original, their entire existence is based on a knowledge of the original trilogy. At least the sequel trilogy can now go it's own way now that they restarted the universe and got everyone back on board
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.