[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
I had little hope for this film upon being reccommended it as i like very few highschool movies. Now I'm not gonna go singing the praises of it's mediocre plot development or try to understand how these hip musical kids know Nick Drake but not David Bowie but I will comment on the feelings it evokes. By the end of this movie i was left feeling nostaligic, and as a first year college student I went back to remembering my freshman year of highschool. I thouroughly enjoyed Emma Watson's role and think she was perfect as Sam. What this movie lacks in excitement or story it makes up for in rich color and light humor. 7.75/10

What do you guys think?
>>
File: feel-them-jhonny.png (148 KB, 398x297) Image search: [Google]
feel-them-jhonny.png
148 KB, 398x297
>>67218823
I saw this movie few years back, thinking how I would find this stupid and how I would cringe.

Nostalgia hit me and blew my mind.
Fucking feel I don't want to experience. This was good damn it. The end was good.

I hate liking this movie.
>>
Never saw it - it's shit
>>
>>67218823
shit boring artificial teen movie
>>
>>67218823
DUDE MY AUNT RAPED ME LMAO
>>
>>67219145
el topo screens across the street
>>
>>67218823
Quite literally a load of fucking pretentious shit.
>>
>>67219120
That's how I felt. Like shit I shouldn't like this but then it's like damn I had that crush on a senior grill too
>>
>>67219148
AND THE GIRL I LIKE WAS RAPED TOO
AND MY BEST FRIEND KILLED HIMSELF
AND THIS OTHER FRIEND OF MINE IS A FAG AND HIS DAD BEAT HIM
LMAO
Seriously who writes this shit?
>>
I saw it in my freshman year, or somewhere around that.

It set unrealistic expectations. Now, as a freshman in College, I'm just depressed that I wasted my high school years.

It's still a damn good film. Check out Kings Of Summer for a better coming of age movie.
>>
>>67219421
Stephen Chbosky dumbass
>>
File: 1453000641074.jpg (77 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1453000641074.jpg
77 KB, 887x1097
>>67219148
Wha- she raped him? Wtf?

I thought he was just feeling guilty because she died driving on the way to get him some pills?

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
>>
Mfw Perks is my favorite book

It's by no means perfect, but every time I read it I'm just floored by it emotionally.
>>
>>67219608
They pretty clearly stated that in the movie
>>
>>67219729
I don't think it is. Scene?
>>
>>67219729
How do you rape a little boy? Did she shove her figers up his but? Could he even get an erection? Did he like it?
>>
>>67219796
>rape
>liking it
I don't think you understand how rape works.
>>
>>67219766
He confesses what she did in he insane asylum near the end.
>>
It's John Green before John Green was a thing.
>>
>>67219852
How about when a 14 year old boy has sex with an 18 year old girl? He could like it a lot but she's still a rapist.
>>
>>67219987
If there's consent between the two parties you're cool
>>
>>67220125
nope. Where do you live?
>>
>>67220201
The Midwest.

You're right, though. I'm just...I'm tired right now. I'm just arguing because there's literally nothing better I feel capable of doing with my life right now. Keeping these kinds of arguments moving gives me a sense of purpose.
>>
>>67220292
Well shit, man. I'm sorry I guess
>>
>>67218823

Nostalgia almost completely disconnected from the writing and actual story development that relies on similarities of your own experience is one of the only ways I see people liking this.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.