[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He did a great job considering the situation he was in. Fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 620x420
He did a great job considering the situation he was in. Fuck the haters.
>>
>WE DESERVE OSCARS COS WE BLACK
if he said anything otherwise he would've been labeled an Uncle Tom or some shit
>>
>>67217614
>considering the situation he was in.

What situation? Being black and having the perfect fuel to make jokes about it?
>>
>>67217752
The situation being that most Oscars ceremonies are just fun affairs, and this one had to run basically on the whole Oscars so White shit. The ceremony felt like a chore instead of the fun party event or normally is, and Chris did a good job trying to compensate for that.
>>
File: 0805 - Z3cDSVP.png (40 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
0805 - Z3cDSVP.png
40 KB, 255x200
>watching the oscars
>fight the power plays
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67217614
go to bed chris
>>
File: 1398642501681.jpg (116 KB, 917x779) Image search: [Google]
1398642501681.jpg
116 KB, 917x779
To be honest, it really looked like he changed his entire setup.

I honestly think he had a good entertaining stand up setup and then with the whole bullshit #BlackOscers,etc he pretty much was forced to include it in his lineup. So he had to make a bunch of new jokes like 3 weeks before his big night.
>>
File: Phelps.jpg (16 KB, 310x361) Image search: [Google]
Phelps.jpg
16 KB, 310x361
>never complained about all-black basketball teams
>never complained about all-black record labels
>never complained about all-black awards like the BET awards
>never complained about his all-black girl scout troup
>"WE JUST WANT A CHANCE TO BE TREATED AS EQUALS, SO GIVE US AWARDS BASED ON OUR SKIN COLOR!"

He doesn't fucking get it at all.
>>
>>67217614
Dude just get the fuck off this website.
>>
The Oscars used to be about class and pure merit

Now we got a woman dressed as Harry Potter's lesbian aunt, a racist black guy buttmad at not enough tokenism, and just trash everywhere.

And they can't figure out why ratings keep falling.
>>
>>67218200
Yeah it is kind of hypocritical how blacks rule sports, entertainment and music. But yet they can't let white people have anything in media.

Remember diversify Oscar just means more black people, they don't fight for asians or Hispanics or native Americans. Just blacks.
>>
>complains about oscars being white and there not being enough black nominees
>while leaving out asians, mexicans, indians, and other non white ethnicities
It pissed me off more than it should have
>>
WE
>>
Black people in the US are just told from a young age that blacks are hated by white peoples. So they decide to fight that with more hate.
Seriously blacks in the US are some of the most racist people i've seen
>>
>>67217614

Ch-Check your white privelege >>67218581
As a black man, I can attest to this. MLK would be rolling in his grave if he saw what had happened.
>>
>>67218549
Are the crystal gems.
>>
>>67218543
I would have enjoyed hearing that the inuits were boycotting the oscars.
>>
>>67218543
the only ones complaining were the ones who didn't get nominated for their movie.
>>
>>67218581
>Black people hate me even though they've never actually been oppressed, nor have I personally oppressed them

They're horrible people.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.