[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so...where's the ending? What is the resolution supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1427418665576.jpg (14 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
1427418665576.jpg
14 KB, 214x317
so...where's the ending?

What is the resolution supposed to be?
What was with the mimes playing tennis?

what idiots leave a body just lying in the park a full day after a murder
>>
It's supposed to be all post modern and shit so it doesn't need your rules.
>>
File: The-Draughtsman's-Contract.jpg (19 KB, 670x401) Image search: [Google]
The-Draughtsman's-Contract.jpg
19 KB, 670x401
Greenaway made the same movie and did it better.
>>
>>67217461

ah yes

the classic "2deep4u"
>>
It's not about the murder you idiot, it's about his character and how his attitude of being in control is just an act, proven when he deals with something bigger than his petty little world.
It's still shallow when compared to Cortazar's short tale anyways.
>>
>>67217489

he becomes interested in the murder, loses all of his pictures, and then what?

Realies his photography career is shit because of the birds getting stoned at the party? What happens to his character?
>>
File: blowup-end.jpg (103 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
blowup-end.jpg
103 KB, 600x336
relativism man, when he hears the mimes playing tennis he realizes how little he can be sure of

>>67217472
pretty based movie but not exactly the same
>>
I just felt like that movie was super overrated. One of those movies my pretentious freinds say they like to seem super well versed at party's. But when you talk to them about it their like clearly you didn't understand the directors vision you pleb. Meh.
>>
>>67217529
>What happens to his character?
The whole thing makes him realize that his life and worries are not more real in any way than the mimes', and plays along with them after looking at them scornfully at the beginning.
Did you even see the movie? The whole second half was a lesson of humility.
>>
>>67217652

no, I made this entire thread about a film I hadnt watched

What humility are you talking about?
>>
>>67217652
I wish I were smart enough to understand movies like you do. This is why I like non-cerebral movies more. I don't like to think too much while watching.
>>
>>67217652
i don't think it's humility as much as an understanding that his reality is no more certain or 'real' than that of the mimes'
the imagined ball he throws back and hears land is the body that disappeared.

the abstract artist i think summarizes the film's views well, he paints and finds narratives in the chaos after the fact
>>
>>67217692
That despite him acting like it he's not in control of his own situation, this is implied at the beginning when, after his presentation as a suave playboy, he complains about his financial status, and it is finally shown when he fails to crack the case while the perpetrators are two steps ahead of him during the whole second half.
>>
>>67217870

what financial status? He calls ron to convince him to buy up that old antique store so they can pander to the 'fags' and 'parrots' or whatever they were
>>
>>67217823
Yes, he pictures the situation as a crime case with him as a protagonist, applying fictional logic to the real world and assuming that it will all turn out OK whereas the criminals are much more pragmatic and his leaps of logic, his own subjective view of what was happening are what allow the criminals to be two steps ahead of him, at the end he's wondering if the whole thing is real despite having no proof, if it is at least more real than the mimes' imaginary ball, and at the end he concedes that it's not.
>>
>>67217904
He complains about not being rich while showing Ron the pictures he'd taken.
>>
It's not that hard, put two (corpse he's not sure he really saw) and two (him deciding to play along with mimes a game that's only real because everyone in the field agreed is real) and you realize it's about the nature of truth and the fragility of individual experience. If he's the only one that saw the body, why does it even matter since he can't prove it? Him accepting the mime's game signifies his decision to reintegrate his experience with the rest of the society and (probably) forget about the body.
>>
File: shatler.png (129 KB, 459x331) Image search: [Google]
shatler.png
129 KB, 459x331
The birds, bro. That male gaze. Embrace the misogyny that the disappearing body mocks.
>>
Did you watch this on tcm on Thursday night too?!
>>
>>67218725
I had to watch it when studying framing and composition, the movie is a goldmine when it comes to that.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.