[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requests
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: rgegegegeg.png (4 KB, 659x359) Image search: [Google]
rgegegegeg.png
4 KB, 659x359
ITT: you ask for what you want and people recommend films.
>>
I want a kino in space with some alien threat.

>Alien
>Even Horizon
>Pandorum

Seen all these.
>>
A body horror kind of like Antiviral & Contagion

for germophobes
>>
>>67216880

Cabin Fever.

My Anon loves disease horror, and this is her favourite. I personally dislike it, but that should work for you.
>>
>>67216926
Thanks senpai but i've seen it. The Bay is another example, something with parasites and disease instead of aliens
>>
>>67217018

Pontypool is something different. Not sure I liked it, but it's sorta zombies, sorta virus.

Try Alert.

Twelve Monkeys is a great movie too.
>>
>>67217112
Pontypool sounds alright, thnx. What year is Alert? having some trouble finding it
>>
>>67217283

Was the French title, lemme look it up.
>>
>>67217283

OK, it's called Outbreak, with Dustin Hoffman. Not horror, but disease-based.
>>
>>67217396
Looks good anon, appreciated
>>
>>67216726
A horror movie where most of the scary stuff happens during the day, in the daylight. I don't have any examples, but this has been on my mind for a few months now.
>>
>>67218211

The Shining. I'll think of others.
>>
>>67216756
Moontrap
>>
Horror movies that can effectively give you a clausthrophobic feeling
>>
>>67216880
Contracted
>>
>>67218211
>most of the scary stuff happens during the day,

The Ring
Prince of Darkness
Predator (sorta horror)
>>
File: 1453851431963.jpg (56 KB, 506x755) Image search: [Google]
1453851431963.jpg
56 KB, 506x755
>>67218211
>>
>>67218436

Das Boot.
>>
>>67218436
The Descent
Trilogy of Terror 2 has a segment where a woman is crawling underground between graves, and it's pretty creepy.

also pic related
>>
Never seen a Harry Potter or Narnia movie (or read those books)
I love LOTR and the Hobbit trilogy was okay. I wanna watch some comfy and cool fantasy adventure so should I give 'em a try?
>>
>>67218580

Serpent and rainbow was pretty bad.
>>
>>67218723
>I wanna watch some comfy and cool fantasy adventure so should I give 'em a try?

Yes, they're pretty much the the movies you go to once LOTR is seen.
>>
>>67218746
it has its moments.
>>
i want overlooked, somewhat forgotten, or underrated films that are borderline essential existential crisis-core. somewhere between the back edge of entry-level and deep mid-level.

sci-fi is preferable but not mandatory, foreign is obviously fine.
>>
>>67218384
Ah shit, didn't think of that, it's been way too long since I've watched that. Time to rewatch.

>>67218487
>The Ring
>Prince of Darkness
Will check these out. Predator is one of my favorites, watched it last night.

>>67218491
Will check this out too.

Thanks everyone!
>>
I want movies where the main guy loses an arm/hand or even a finger.

nothing obvious like ESB, or Evil Dead 2.
>>
>>67216726
Any similar shows like Fishing with John?
Please recommend something asap
>>
>>67216726
Gun-Fu with a traditional Chinese aesthetic,
>>
>>67219218
Oldboy
>>
>>67219218
Star Wars
>>
>>67219339
kek
>>
Movies like Ex Machina

Movies like Sicario
>>
>>67219071

Damn, son, I want this.

Try Evangelion, original series plus The End of Evangelion (the movie that ends the series).

Forget the Rebuild for now.
>>
>>67219431
Fuck off
>>
>>67219444

>reddit
>>
>>67219413
Prisoners
>>
I'm looking for a few different things.

I like visually appealing films like Enter the Void, Samsara, You And The Night, and Love. Looking for something like those movies.

Also, looking for well-reknowned and critically acclaimed movies from all across the world. I'm looking for those films that are given 5 stars by everybody. I love PT Anderson and his work on Magnolia, The Master, Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood, and Punch - Drunk - Love. I prefer to watch movies that are visually appealing and have good camerawork and I typically lean more towards newer movies, but anything from 2000 or possibly even 1970s is fine with me.
>>
Movies or TV shows in which the main character speaks to the audience. Kinda like House of Cards with Frank.

A horror movie with the main characters being kids.

A modern sad movie
>>
>>67219466
Who are you quoting?
>>
Any films dealing with exploring the edge of the universe and going crazy because of it?
>>
>>67219413
Blade Runner is kind of a slow-burner like Ex-Machina. Also focuses on AIs.

Mr. Nobody

What did you like about those two movies?
>>
>>67219523
Pi isn't about exploring the universe but numbers instead. Same end result, craziness.
>>
>>67219511
>A horror movie with the main characters being kids.
Phantasm

That Guillermo Del Toro vampire movie

Sleepaway Camp?
>>
>>67219511
Modern sad movie: Her, Lost in Translation, In The Mood For Love, The Wrestler.
>>
>>67219511
Horror movie with kids: Pan's Labyrinth. If you haven't seen this you must. It's a visual masterpiece and absolutely magical.
>>
>>67219071
Deep End (1970)
>>
>>67219700

Seen both. Pi was pretty interesting. Also Solaris.

I just want more psychedelic space movies.
>>
>>67219488

Tree of Life
Thin Red Line
The New World
>>
>>67219511

Malcolm in the Middle

Honestly underrated. That show is so fucking based, and I don't like comedies, but this is on another level.
>>
>>67219511
>TV shows in which the main character speaks to the audience
The bernie mac show, I was surprised that I liked this as much as I did.
>>
>>67219827
this looks promising. thanks.
>>
>>67219882
FUCKING PLEB NIGGER FAGGOT NEVER RECOMMEND THAT FUCKING FAGGOT COWBOY TERRANCE MALICK EVER AGAIN YOU UNDERSTAND ME AND MY PATRICIAIN OPINION YOU FUCKING FAT DISGUSTING VILE PUTRID SWINE. DIE MOTHERFUCKING PLEB! FUCKING DIE!!
>>
>>67220430

Days of Heaven
>>
Good euro-trash. Preferably on the macabre side of things, but I'm open to anything.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.