[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
say 1 good thing about the prequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: starwarsprequels.jpg (166 KB, 1417x700) Image search: [Google]
starwarsprequels.jpg
166 KB, 1417x700
Ewan McGregor was really good as Obi Wan
>>
Natalie Portman is cute.
>>
>>67212710

Phantom Menace had a good sense of adventure to it while the other two are an insult to cinema.
>>
sheev is the best "villain" i have ever seen
>>
>>67212710
he was the best obi wan

actually, probably the best performance in any of the films is his obi wan or sheevs
>>
Honestly
Why do normies hate the prequels?
Just because a bunch of autists who prefer the old ones told them that they suck?
>>
They're the most kinographic films to come out this century.

And the music is good.
>>
>>67212710
Its never boring ill five it that
>>
>>67212710
Every scene involving Sheev (Order 66, It's Treason, etc)
Obi-Wan playing detective
Kamino
Natalie Portman's midriff
The soundtrack
>>
File: 1458130299826.gif (3 MB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1458130299826.gif
3 MB, 426x426
With some soft polish and someone on set to tell Lucas his ideas were shit they could have been watchable even with the nonsensical script and bad actors.
>>
>>67212804

Basically, I remember they all liked it when the movie originally came out.

>Mfw they only like TFA because TBBT told them so
They'll be hating it after it comes out on BD and when RLM do their review of it.
>>
>>67212804
exactly.
>>
Sheev
>>
They only made three.
>>
>>67212878
except mike and rich both liked the film
>>
>>67212710

Great universe for games.
>>
All three of them were underappreciated gems. Absolute masterpieces.
>>
>>67212710
They're a non-stop source of comedy from people who try to defend them. When they realize how idiotic they sound, they devolve into insults and petty shitposting.
That's about the only positive thing that came out of those pieces of dogshit.
>>
>>67212710
The planets that they created were unique and interesting, and the same goes for the architecture.
>>
Whenever I think of SW my mind goes right to the PT.

III>VI>II>IV>I>V>VII
Not baiting. I've just never understood the LOL V IS AMAZING idea. The entire movie could be summed up in an opening crawl.
>>
Hayden did an amazing job acting with his face alone, with no dialog he expresses clear feelings that is more human than most people i've seen.
>>
>>67212710
This and I thought the fight scenes were a lot of fun to watch.
>>
>>67214610
Point. Point and laugh.
>>
>>67214927
>III>*
There are better, healthier ways to get unwarranted attention
>>
>>67215058
I think you're giving him a bit too much credit for looking annoyed. That's not acting, that's frowning.
You're completely unequipped to have this argument.
>>67215104
Way to prove his point right, garbage boy.
>>
Loads of cool new vehicles and gadgets.
>>
The first one showed some promise, but they kept going back to Corouscant in the sequels which is against the flow of Star Wars (only in Jedi did they go back to a previous planet).
>>
>>67212710
While I think it was a terrible addition that ruined the "mysticism" of Star Wars I quite like the introduction of Midichlorians in that they turn Star Wars from Space Fantasy into a more Science-Fiction based story.

Don't get me wrong though, they're all shit films.
>>
>>67214927
You can always pick out the bait because they rate 2 as better than anything.

You know even the most die hard of nerds, and prequel defenders really don't care much for 2 right?

To a normal person 2 is a crime against cinema. This isn't debateable
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

/thread
>>
>>67212710
>say 1 good thing about the prequels
It's more genuinely Star Wars than TFA
>>
>>67212710
They tried to do something different. They failed and ruined the OT in the process, but they tried.
>>
Revenge of the Sith is BY FAR the best Star Wars movie. The film's labyrinthine opening shot— of Anakin and Obi-Wan giving chase to Dooku through the space vehicles on the planet of Coruscant—is a mighty and audacious gauntlet-throw, the digital equivalent of the opening shot of Orson Welles’s “Touch of Evil." It wheels and gyrates and zips and pivots with a vertiginous wonder that declares, from the beginning, that Lucas had big visual ideas and was about to realize them with a heroically inventive virtuosity. And the rest of the movie follows through on that self-dare.

If I had seen ROTS in a theatre upon its release, in 2005, I think that, at the moment when Sheev, sizzling in the blue lightning that Mace Windu reflects back at him, cries out to Anakin, “Power! Unlimited Power!,” I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement. The entire movie is filled with an absolute splendor of the pulp sublime, and that moment is its very apogee. Lucas reaches historic heights in the filming of action: the martial artistry of Anakin and Obi-Wan’s double duel versus Dooku, the gaping maw of outer space and of the airshaft into which the heroic duo drops, Obi-Wan’s light-sabre fight with the four-armed Grievous, and, above all, the apocalyptic inferno of the confrontation of Obi-Wan and Anakin. I watched these sequences over and was repeatedly and unflaggingly amazed by Lucas’s precise, dynamic, wildly imaginative direction.

The scripted politics of the conflicts have a grand imagination to match. What Lucas brings to the script of ROTS is a quasi-Shakespearean backroom dialectic of power-maneuvering. The dialogue is just heightened and sententious enough, just sufficiently rhetorical, to convey the grave moment of ideas in conflict and the grand mortal results of that dialectical clash—the making of a villain and the unmaking of a republic.
>>
>>67215927
I don't like the making the mystical into sci-fi. I liked the conflicting ways of the old movies. As Vader said "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force"
>>
>>67216244
>They failed and ruined the OT in the process,
TFA ruined the OT.
>>
>>67212710
Good designs and concepts. McGregor and McDiarmid are pretty good. Music definitely is on par or rivals most OT music.
>>
>>67216168
>implying this heavily
did you know that other people can have opinions DIFFERENT than yours, anon?
>>
>>67216476
From the other side, sure. The prequels ruined everything before, TFA ruined everything that followed.
>>
>>67212710
Sheevster was fun tier.
>>
Ewan McGregor is great, even though he was given an awful script to work with.

He's also pretty good at conversing and interacting with bluescreens for CGI people//backgrounds, more so than most of the others in the cast.
>>
>>67217182
Hello, Dex.
>>
File: 1457844170631.jpg (3 MB, 2448x2912) Image search: [Google]
1457844170631.jpg
3 MB, 2448x2912
>>67217089
>Sheevster was fun tier.

But seriously, he was entertaining
>>
>>67212804
>Why do normies hate the prequels?
ihave no idea cause they liek shit like guardians of the galaxy and mad max.

not saying the preculs aregood, but it's reaally retarded that the same people hating them love all this other normie shit.
>>
File: 1457136860403.png (64 KB, 167x298) Image search: [Google]
1457136860403.png
64 KB, 167x298
>>67212710
They're what Star Wars is about. They're the realest and purest form of Star Wars and I love that they were made. Nothing else in the series will ever top 3 and 2.
>>
>>67216455
Oh yeah I agree that changing the mystical aspect of the force was a mistake with regards to the original story of the films, but changing it could have opened the door to some more serious Sci-Fi story, shame this hasn't happened though.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.