[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw it last night. I thought it was great. It's not perfect,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: BvS.jpg (202 KB, 974x725) Image search: [Google]
BvS.jpg
202 KB, 974x725
I saw it last night. I thought it was great. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than what I was expecting. I'm sure some you guys will hate it regardless, but to those that are excited and anticipating the movie, I really think it delivers. I'd give it an 8/10.

I think it's safe to say that it's much better than The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel. Much, much better. The writing has improved now that Goyer was replaced with Affleck and Terrio. I could tell where their contributions came in, particularly with the Batman/Bruce Wayne/Alfred scenes and the stuff that goes on with the Wally character and the Senate.

I think it's genuinely good. Again, not perfect and certainly not THE BEST MOVIE EVER, but I really enjoyed this. Going to see it again opening day. I'd say Snyder and Co. delivered. Batman alone absolutely made this one. Can't wait to see the solo Batman movie. Hope this does well Box office wise and Warner Bros. and Affleck go forward with the solo Bats script.
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 500x735) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 500x735
>>67212513
Stopped reading at "I saw it last night"
>>
Oh, and in case someone asks. The best bit in the movie is Alfred fucking up one of Bruce Wayne's plans because he's drunk and one of the Batman fight sequences at the end where he storms the warehouse to save a hostage. This isn't hyperbole when I say this, this Batman is the best we've seen on screen. I love Keaton and Bale, but this is how I've always wanted to see Batman depicted.
>>
>>67212571
Is this movie's storytelling in the first half linear?
>>
>>67212763

After the opening title sequence, yes. It doesn't go in and out like Batman Begins or Man of Steel.
>>
Do we see the Flash in costume on Batman's dream/vision?

How does it look?
>>
>>67212936

No, you see Flash quickly in surveillance footage on a computer.
>>
>>67212513
How many meme moments were there?
>>
>>67213007
How does the Knightmare go?
>>
aquaman scenes, how they are?
>>
Is Luthor's plan seriously to tell Superman to fight Batman or his mother will die, with no timeframe and no way of ensuring Superman actually does that instead of just looking for her?
>>
>>67213052

Which one? There are multiple nightmares that Wayne has. One spooky one involves his mom.

>>67213075

Same deal as Flash and Cyborg (footage only), but his the best. It's really cool, nautical sequence of him lunging out of an underwater cave as Luthor's men attempt to grab him. First you see his glowing eye and then he attacks with his trident. Honestly, next to Batman, Aquaman probably has the coolest cinematic redesign.

>>67213088

Nope, Luthor's plan is much deeper than that. He starts out as an atheist and superiority complex but the arrival of a being like Superman completely wrecks that for him. For Luthor it's all about ego and power. Ideally, he wants Batman and Superman to off each other. He gives both Bruce and Superman the means to kill off the other one. (For Batman it's creating a seething hatred against Superman, and for Superman, Metropolis, his mother, and turning the world against him at a certain democratic meeting).

It's not contrived at all. I liked how they handled the guy in the wheelchair. Luthor really is a sadistic son of a bitch.I hated him by the end of it, not just because of Eisenberg, but what he's capable of. He's a hateful little fucker and it's great seeing Batman put him in his place at the end. I just wish he ended up getting branded, or worse.
>>
>>67212513
almost everything's better than TDKR
>>
how does it end?
>>
>>67213302
>One spooky one involves his mom
I would love to hear about this one
>>
>better than TDKR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKdjsu4-704
>>
>>67212571
Wait, Alfred was drunk? That doesn't sound like muh Alfred
>>
>>67212513
Was it as much of a disjointed mess as it seems? Did all of the superhero appearances feel out of place?
>>
>>67213501

It's hard to describe. You'll see when it comes out. It involves her tombstone, blood and bats. Really cool sequnece. There's a lot of trippy shit in this movie.

Takes me back to that awesome Demon Batman appearance in Batman Begins when Bats sprays Scarecrow in the face with the fear toxin, or that giant, spooky bat in Batman Forever. It's good shit.

>>67213541

That video just shows that Nolan and Co. didn't have a creative bone in their body and just ripped themselves off.

There shouldn't have been a third Nolan Batman movie, period. Should have ended on a high note (or low considering the "not a hero" ending). TDKR sucks balls and is a mess from it's writing to production. Their heart wasn't in it.
>>
>>67213755

Nope, it didn't seem disjointed at all. It has a great flow with the pacing. Diana is in there in just the right amount.

Superhero appearances? I assume you mean Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg? No, their "cameos" are fine and work well in the story. They're not forced at all. The movie works with or without them. It's such a small appearance that it's a non-issue. They're harmless and not obnoxiously in your face.

With that said, it makes me want to see more Aquaman oddly enough, a character I never even thought I'd care for.
>>
>>67212783
Spoil the title sequence for me. I don't want to know much about the rest, but I remembered those two dudes hyping it up. Did Snyder outdo the one in Watchmen?
>>
I've see it too but have avoided talking about it. I thought the rape scene was a little over the top. Some of the people walked out of the theater by that point. But all in all I would say it's worth the effort.
>>
>>67212513
>Goyer was replaced with Affleck
Is Batman making sexual advances towards a screechy-voiced lesbian?
>>
>>67212513
Love how Super beats bat the whole movie.
Stayed being the true hero.
Is not a jealous cry baby because someone saved the world while he had lunch.
Wasnt trying to kill Batman unlike Batman trying to kill Super.
Also sacrifices himself to save the day.
>>
>>67212513
Shill machine in full swing on /tv/ hey
>>
>>67213886

For me, the opening doesn't trump Watchmen's. Watchmen's is great because of Bob Dylan and the "alternate" history theme to it with things like the riots, JFK assassination, etc. All the little touches from the Comedian hiding behind the fence after shooting Kennedy or the look on kid Rorschach's face when one of his mother's "customers" pats him on the head before going into fucker was really well done for a quick 4 minute opening.

If you're a fan of Batman as a character though, it's a fantastic sequence. It's the night Thomas and Martha are killed. Bruce is all hyped coming out of Zorro (which is obviously his inspiration for Batman and the bat symbol branding on criminals). The mugger comes out of no where and shoots them. It's intercut between the violence and Bruce and Alfred at their funeral. It's done in a touching way. Lots of iconic shots. It's voice overed by a world weary Affleck. He falls into the cave as a kid and the bats swarm him. It's like a surreal, almost dream like sequence not unlike the nightmares Bruce has later about his mom and Superman being corrupt. . Maybe a little of both. When Bruce lands he sees the cavern and the bats for the first time, they start to swarm and literally being lifting Bruce up, off his feet.

It's basically there to mirror the following scene when Wayne is in Metropolis and witnesses the Superman and Zod fight where everyone, including Wayne employees are getting killed left and right. This is like the Wayne murders from his childhood, only on a bigger scale. There are three catalysts for the BvS Batman. The death of his parents when he was a kid, the death of Robin by the Joker and the destruction in Metropolis when the Kryptonians attack. The childhood scene to the MoS scene where Bruce comes out of the helicopter and is in the middle of all the destruction is a nice transition.
>>
>>67213837
It's simple, to make aquaman interesting you just turn him into Namor. That's what they pulled in the comics and it turned out great.
Why Marvel is sitting on that is anyone's guess.
>>
>>67214283
>Watchmen's is great because of Bob Dylan and the "alternate" history theme to it with things like the riots, JFK assassination, etc. All the little touches from the Comedian hiding behind the fence after shooting Kennedy or the look on kid Rorschach's face when one of his mother's "customers" pats him on the head before going into fucker was really well done for a quick 4 minute opening.
Yeah, that didn't feel forced or heavy handed at all. What a moron.
>>
>>67214282

Eh, I'm not a shill. Just posting my thoughts for anon on here that cares or is excited for the movie.

Besides, next week everyone will probably be trashing it anyway. One guy saying they liked it isn't going to make a difference, so it's whatever.
>>
>>67213007

Except Entertainment Weekly and Snyder already confirmed we see The Flash in the Knightmare sequence.
>>
File: Supe Ultraman.jpg (118 KB, 1254x598) Image search: [Google]
Supe Ultraman.jpg
118 KB, 1254x598
>>67212513
I'm a Supermanfag and utterly hate Batman, does my boy get Jobbed, or is he better done then in MoS?
>>
>>67212513
I thoroughly expect to love this film and declare it the best capeshit since Daredevil Season 2, which was the best capeshit since DD season 1, which was the best capeshit since Man of Steel, which was the best capeshit since the first half of Batman Begins, which was the best capeshit since X-Men 2, which was the best capeshit since Blade, which was the best capeshit.
>>
>>67213007
Confirmed for shill who didn't saw the movie
>>
>>67214282
more than a movie, this is a cultural event relevant to our entire generation

now, when you're spamming "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" 7x24, or "deadpool", that's 100% shilling.
>>
>>67214283
It showed that Joe Kerr?
>>
What about the Joker and Robin? What happened in that "you let your family die" scene?
>>
>>67214554
it was a masterpiece and a visual feast. if you are unable to find the beauty in it, you must hate cinema. maybe non visual centered media, like literature, music, or soap operas are more of your thing
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.