[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People talk shit about Force Awakens for having awful fan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
>People talk shit about Force Awakens for having awful fan service
>When the prequels had stuff like this
baka desu senpai
>>
>>67206046
It can't be fanservice if no one was happy about it
>>
>>67206046
As shitty as the prequels were, particularly AOTC, Jake the Muss turning out to be Boba Fett was pretty fucking cool.
>>
What was so awful about the fan service in TFA? I don't recall there being that much of it, and some of it was important to the plot (so not exactly fan service).
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 183x275
>implying this Fett armor isn't the GOAT
>>
What are you on about? Kamino was probably the best fight scene in the prequels
>>
>>67206046
literally no one liked the prequels until last year.
>>
>>67206333
>dude millennium falcon lmao
>dude kessel run in 12 parcels lmao
>dude anakin/luke's saber lmao
>dude deathstar but totally not the deathstar lmao
>dude lets do a fucking shot for shot rehash of the trench run lmao

The whole fucking movie was fan service.
You "people" who enjoy this trash are fucking retarded.
>>
>>67206469
seek help.
>>
>>67206333
the only movie was "hey remember this from IV and V"

>>67206380
Visually a lot of stuff in the prequels are nice. Fett, Clone Troopers, CIS scum, some of the worlds and space ships. Its the retarded story and dialog.
>>
File: we got a hot one here.jpg (50 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
we got a hot one here.jpg
50 KB, 436x436
>>67206380
FUCK, NOW I SEE CAPTAIN PLASMA WAS COMPLETELY RIPPED OFF FROM JANGO FETT

JUST TAKE SOMETHING AND MAKE IT SHINY = EBIC
>>
>>67206459
I did.
>>
>>67206487
shit on any other franchies on this faggot board
>lel that's a good one us contrarians rite Xd
shit on this absolute garbage movie
>f-fuck you for raping my childhood ;_;
>s-seek help

I'm going to continue to shit on this faggot fuck of a movie and any retard who claims it was good.
>>
>>67206046
>There's nothing wrong with the Force Awakens, because it's like the Prequels!
This meme is wonderful.
>>
>>67206554
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
>>
>>67206046
That's not "fan service", and that kid was great. The father & son moments were unexpected, funny and sincere. I like them.

>>67206070
This.

Lucas did what he did because he wanted to see on-screen exactly what it is he wanted, not what a bunch of edgy losers want. Only cuckolds listen to public opinion and studio bosses.
>>
>>67206046
I don't know anyone who would like to bash in his fucking annoying cunt face
>>
To be totally honest I think the prequels did fan service a bit better for the most part. Things like Boba fett never really felt out of place. They had a good enough reason to be there.

The only cameo I really hated was chewbaka because he has literally no reason to be in the movie.

Then again, I can't even remember any fan service in the force awakens, so I don't even know what you guys are complaining about
>>
>>67206046

No one pretends the prequels are good.

Se the difference?
>>
>>67206614
*wouldn't
>>
>>67206640

See*
>>
>>67206599
Bullshit. He started course correcting to cater to fan expectations in Episode 2 and unsurprisingly it turned out to be even more shit.
>>
>>67206501
Prequels did great designs of items and world, okay-ish overall plot with some very bad moments

TFA has terrible designs and world, bad overall plot but good moments (depending if you like the throwbacks)
>>
>>67206469
The whole millennium falcon bit was kind of integral to the plot though. Sure they could have done things differently but it was a pretty good way of introducing Han and it wasn't that poorly written. I mean how are you going to put Han in the movie without the millennium falcon?

A lot of the things people seem to have a problem with are really unavoidable when you're making a sequel like this. If they want to introduce luke, of course they're going to build it up by first introducing his lightsaber. There is nothing wrong with this kind of fan service, if you can even call it that.

The stuff in the prequels on the other hand was the exact opposite. They just shoved in shit, that had no bearing on the plot whatsoever, just so people could go "oh yeah I remembered that from the originals!".
>>
>>67206714
>of course they're going to build it up by first introducing his lightsaber

Except they didn't. It was anakin's saber that luke lost in cloud city. Luke was disappointing as fuck in TFA. Fucked off because the emo faggot shot up his school

Han too, the falcon wasn't needed, hell in ROTJ he gave it to lando. No, by the time TFA happens, he should have been fine as a high end NR official and husband to Leia.
>>
>>67206046
People constantly shit on the prequels, though.
>>
>>67206666
He didn't start course correcting shit, actually. He knew from the beginning what Episode 2 will be. He said back then that the films will be exactly as he will make them and if the previous generation doesn't like it, they can go watch the Matrix or something cool. If he were to specifically appeal to a bunch of manchildren, he would have made Anakin at least 15 in episode 1 and saved time from the start. But that's not what he was making. Guy makes these movies independently, he funds them by himself, he accelerates the development of the technology he needed for 2 and 3 by doing directly to camera and lens manufacturers. He knew right from the beginning what he was doing. He would have shot TPM digitally as well had he been able to. The whole reason Lucas created his company was because he was tired of being "course corrected" by clueless business men.
>>
>>67206459
I and III are actually pretty good, fAm
>>
>>67206714
>it's an namefag has retarded opinions episode
Yes, literally the only way to introduce Luke and Han is to introduce Anakin's lightsaber, that fell into a fucking gas planet, and the Millenium Falcon, that Han gave to Lando 30 years prior.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.