[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Acclaimed horror movies that had 0 effect on us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: itfollowsquad720.jpg (34 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
itfollowsquad720.jpg
34 KB, 620x465
Starting with the most recent example.

I, for one, was cheering for It.
>>
Also, obviously any slasher movie where the young men and women are 'having fun' but those typically aren't so acclaimed.
>>
Anyone that gets scared by a horror film is a normie.
>>
Mothman prophecies
>>
>>67203381

Pretty much this. I love horror movies, but I haven't been legitimately scared by one since I was 12.
>>
the grinch
>>
File: affiche-the-descent-2005-2.jpg (48 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
affiche-the-descent-2005-2.jpg
48 KB, 500x714
Why the fuck is this flick hailed as one of the greatest horror films of this century? Once they start fighting the creatures it gets fucking ridiculous - not that it's stellar before that. Yeah, claustrophobia and the sense of being trapped is there, but damn it I expect much more of a movie as hyped as this pile of shit.
>>
The Witch was fucking terrifying.
>>
>>67203889
I found it pretty creepy but only because I had no idea about any creatures, I thought it was some caving trip gone wrong (sometimes it pays off when you don't look it up online first).
>>
You people REALLY need to see Berberian Sound Studio.
>>
Kairo. The fucking hallway scene. Jesus fuck one of the few times I've actually been terrified watching a movie.
>>
>>67204003
This thread is for the complete opposite.

But that scene is amazing, one of the most significant scenes in horror cinema. It's basically the antithesis of the modern jump-scare horror.
>>
>>67203180
I really have no clue how this movie got such acclaim. I mean, it starts out decent but as soon as they start going on the run the whole movie just shits itself into ridiculousness.
>>
>>
>>67204099

It's because it's the best horror movie to come out in a long time. That doesn't make it good, but it seems really good when you compare it to the rest of them.
>>
>>67203889
Because even after the monsters they had suspense. Because the Jump scares made sense due to their location. Because the monsters were juuuuuuuuust human enough.
>>
>>67204099
It's empowering.
>>
>>67203381
>playing a tough guy on /tv/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.