[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Awful greentext memes aside, does the first film still hold up well?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3600x3210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3600x3210
Awful greentext memes aside, does the first film still hold up well?
>>
>SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME
>>
It's a timeless classic.
>>
The animation probably doesn't but it was a pretty funny movie. The second one wasn't bad, either.
>>
>>67202356
First film is honestly hilarious, was then and continues to be now. I wish hilarious random epic memes hadn't kind of ruined shrek as a character though.
>>
BIG FAT OGRE SHIT
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anS1gd6_qXs
>>
I remember seeing it in theaters and a little kid absolutely loses their shit when Fiona makes the bird explode by singing.

He was bawling his eyes out and screaming "Birdie OK? Birdie OK?" over and over as his mom carried him out.

Good times.
>>
>>67202437
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAsPeY8BsQU
>>
>1: top tier children's comedy
>2: pretty much like 1
>3: huge letdown
>4: suddenly very good again
>>
>>67202452

shitthatdidnthappen.jpg
>>
>>67202452
>Birdie are you OK, are you OK, Birdie?
>>
>ogreload
>>
>>67202397
They didn't though. I was a major Shrek fan and still am. Don't let random internet phenomena ruin your opinion of things unless you want the smell of onions wafting through your room tonight, the precusor to having a fat ogre shit taken on your head.
>>
>>67202481
I wasn't the biggest fan of Shrek Forever After. It really disappointed me that the alternate timeline didn't explore the survival of Lord Farquad.
>>
>>67202368
>WELL
>>
>>67203368

IT'S THE BIG SHOW
>>
>I was only nine years old
>>
>>67202579
Kek
>>
>>67202356
Yes, especially the second one.
>>
1 is pretty ok
2 is the undisputable best one in the franchise
3 is "kill it with fire" tier
4 is pretty funny, but I'm glad they stopped doing them because it was pretty obvious they had no more ideas and had to resolve to shit like time travel to insert some conflict
>>
It's fantastic. The second film is also fantastic but I prefer the first.

>>67202387
Its animation is better than the current 3D animation because it had heart rather than cliches and technical proficiency.
>>
>>67202356
Of course it does, shreak is a timeless animated classic, filthy dreck nonbeliver
>>
>>67203561
Why do you think the second was better than the first? I have heard others say this but I preferred the first film more
>>
>>67203955
Its simply funnier imo. Jokes in general are a lot better, and even the plot is better.
>>
Some of the jokes aged, like, the Matrix thing, but it's still alright.
>>
The first 2 are great films, I don't remember anything about 3 and 4 though, even though I'm sure I have seen them.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.