[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Itt:We think of good plot twist for films.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 16
File: 1453552559464.png (257 KB, 584x346) Image search: [Google]
1453552559464.png
257 KB, 584x346
Itt:We think of good plot twist for films.
>>
Someone needs to remake this edit so Shamamalama's name is spelled correctly.
>>
m night famalan
lmao
>>
>>67192347

The calls are coming from inside the phone.
>>
A man with a clock inside his head.
>>
A man goes back in time to protect his mother from murdering machines. The twist is, he impregnates her. He was his on father all along.

The Sherminator
>>
One guy is actually two mentally ill people who don't know they're not the same person.

Fight Club 2.
>>
A dyslexic man finds out that his dog was actually God.
>>
Ghostbusters ,but one of them is a dog that can detect ghosts and barks at them

but it was really just barking at the black one the whole time
>>
A film about a gay man who is looking for the guy who gave him a perfect fuck when he was 12(raped in his own house).
He suspects of his father, but in the end it was him who went back in time and fucked himself
>>
An extremely autistic person is apparently cured and starts cleaning out his Lego stash out of his house to turn his life around.

At the end he realized he organized them by colour in the trash.
>>
File: 1455247958377.gif (925 KB, 255x187) Image search: [Google]
1455247958377.gif
925 KB, 255x187
Seriously, I've been thinking about this one for a while...

>guy gets home
>finds his own body, dead in the bathroom
>he makes a time machine to go back in time a find out what happened
>uses time machine
>as he enters the bathroom, he trips, falls and his head hits the toilet killing him
>>
File: Anon's movie plot.png (162 KB, 1116x537) Image search: [Google]
Anon's movie plot.png
162 KB, 1116x537
>>67192893
>>
>>67192946
That's a retarded plot, it was obvious from the moment he decided to build a time machine.
>>
>>67192982
Do you really think it's that obvious?
>>
>>67192946
>What a confusing situation I've stumbled across.
>Guess I'll invent fucking time travel to figure out what's going on.
>>
>>67192736
That would be pretty neat.
>>
>>67193048
It's quirky, you doofus!
>>
>>67193081
exactly what we need, another quirky time travel flick
>>
In a fictional society two nations compete for supremacy one is more powerful than the other and eventually gains the upper hand and the other collapses in dramatic fashion. Unbeknowst to the winner nation, a faction of the defeated one plants the seeds of backwards thinking and self destruct, so a couple of generations after the struggle for supremacy, the powerful nation is eaten from the inside by brainwashed minions and the other nation laughs as ironic music plays.
>>
>>67193151
Name one.
>>
>>67193176
Loopy
>>
>>67192946
>he doesn't fondle himself first

You had ONE job.
>>
A man starts to feel like he is being when he sleeps, but he never finds anything. So he builds a time machine to look at himself while he sleeps.

He never finds anything.
>>
>>67193171
I don't think you know who would allow that.
>>
>>67193216
Being observed*
>>
>>67193216
>he doesn't build it because he finds dry semen on his hair every morning
>it was him all along

ONE job
>>
>>67193199
It's not quirky.
>>
Great thread.
>>
>>67193254
Anyone got that screen capture about the guy who did this and it ended badly for him?
>>
>>67192893
Kek'd
>>
A white supremacist gathers up a band of brothers to stop the Jew menace. The band becomes a crowd, the crowd a movement, the movement a political party, the political party becomes the basis of America's new ideology, and the white man becomes a nation. The nation spreads across the globe, purging the world of the Jew scum.

When all is said and done and when all the Jews are finally dead, the great leader gets his regular check up at the doctor. One little mishap proves that the great leader is, in fact, Jewish. So he kills himself to save the world.

But now his wife is pregnant. With triplets.
>>
The one with all the multiverse hitlers that have oil in their brain.

Anyone have that screencap'd?
>>
A man's cat disappears. He can't find it anywhere.

At the end there was no cat, in fact he was a ball all along.
>>
A man looks for greatness. He searches everywhere; high and low. He can't find it.

Turns out, there was greatness inside him all along. And it was his husband.
>>
it was Earth all along.
>>
Unhappy with his life a man decides to explore his past and his family, to discover who he is and where he came from.

He discovers that he is his wife's son.
>>
>>67193487
it was Ohio all along.
>>
>10 people on an island, survivor-style
>goal is to see which people last the longest
>bunch of adversity happens, people die etc etc.
>last person is left, thinks he wins
>the creators come out and tell him it was meant to be who could last the longest in bed
>fade to black with his dick out
>>
>>67193176
Safety not Guaranteed.
>>
>>67193439
So they fuck during 100% of the film?
>>
A man's day (possibly last day) is recounted by the pack of cigarettes he buys at the beginning of the day.

Basically it would be framed by what # cigarette he's on out of a pack of 20. Only showing you the pieces of his day when he's smoking. There would be clear time gaps via how much daylight is left or what events would be occurring. He shares a few of the cigs throughout the day and those would be crucial story points or the begging/ends of acts. (Would be framed as like cig 18/19)

Clearly the viewer misses certain pieces of information that happen while the main character isn't smoking thus allowing big reveals for things the main character already knows.

don't try and steal this idea you niggers this is based off a short story I submitted in college writing class a few years back, so I have proof that its mine
>>
Rate my idea /tv/
>Guy makes a bet with rich guy to not talk at all for like a year
>At the end he reveals he had his vocal cords cut out to win the bet and the rich guy reveals he's not actually rich.
>>
The passengers of a mid-range passenger plane out of Canada find themselves stranded on an island somewhere in the Alaskan wilderness. They try to escape but always seem to keep coming back. Strange creatures lurk in the dark, only their red eyes glowing, preying on them, every night.

It turns out that the island was actually a military test site and the creatures are military drones.
>>
>>67193591
Sounds nice. Flesh it out a little further.
>>
>police officer is capture, turned into a cyborg and tested
>he manages to escape
>he is the first man turning into a machine
>at the end he was an android, not a cyborg. He was created at the image of the police officer who was actually the leader of the organization that created him.
>>
>>67193591
That's pretty great.
>>
>>67193600
I have a very strong feeling that this already exists.
>>
>>67193600
That was a Twilight Zone episode. ;)
>>
File: Suicide.gif (890 KB, 305x320) Image search: [Google]
Suicide.gif
890 KB, 305x320
>>67193660
>>67193674
>tfw I'm shit at everything I do
what episode is it
>>
>>67192548
Futurama did that already
>>
>>67193591
this was a TV show already
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smoking_Room
>>
>>67193717
Fuck you, Butters.
>>
>>67193708
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silence_(The_Twilight_Zone)
>>
>>67193755
Oh, wait... it was not butter, it was the little tard.
>>
>>67193717

It was his grandmother though
>>
A CIA agent takes three hooded men aboard his plane after an exchange gone wrong. He interrogates two of them, who say nothing, and the third starts talking before he gets to him. The agent pulls the hood off the third man to reveal his long-time nemesis here to kill him.

The twist can only be discovered if one pays good attention to the story.

The twist is that the third man is the agent's brother-in-law, whom his wife said had gone missing or had been dead. The agent had always tried hunting him down, not to save him, but to kill him because he killed his own honorary brother.
>>
>>67193779
Damn. I've had this idea for a few months and I actually thought it would make a good movie.
>>
>>67192736
Kek
>>
A man buys a couple of bananas in the morning. When he comes back later that evening he realizes one banana is missing and he's 100% sure he didn't take one before he left. Nobody else has keys for the house either.

Determined to find out the mystery behind the missing banana he simply buils a time-machine so he can travel back in time and observe his kitchen. The twist is that while observing he gets hungry and decides to eat a banana.

This is an original plot, feel free to rate it and share your thoughts.
>>
>>67193626
Oh dude I wrote the short story years ago. There are some serious details from it I left out. In the story the main character (who I left unnamed) went to his ex's appt. to pick up some shit, got in a bar fight and talked with a very enlightened homeless man. He also lived, which I think a movie with this sort of tragic story needs him to die to get that heavy impact sort of scene you can get in a movie and not a story. Also the short story was no movie, I know, 2bh it wasn't even that well written. (Fucking freshman year) But I always thought the idea was gold. I have a lot of ideas for the story so you can get some cool visuals in there.

2bh I think I need to work with a screen writer to get it to where I want it to be.
>>
they thought in 1492 the earth was a square but its actually round equals the equation of all evil
>>
File: 1449105248865.gif (1 MB, 174x188) Image search: [Google]
1449105248865.gif
1 MB, 174x188
>>67193787
You're not funny. I'm a girl, I can tell.

You also probably smell really bad.
>>
A police goes in a crazy race to catch the killer of his daughter, by the end he finds out that he is the killer and forgives himself but his daughter was actually alive and she kills him, then she can't forgive herself and kills herself
>>
>>67193830
GOB BLUTH IS MR. BANANA GRABBER
>>
>>67193830

But what gender does the man identify with?
>>
>>67193853
I was being serious.

>I'm a girl
If that's true, than just know that you ""people"" are literally retarded.
>>
>>67193591
That could be really good.
>>
>>67193853
I don't think he was trying to be funny at all.
>>
in the nearby future giant monsters attack the world.
humanity can't fight them but suddenly a wizard/organization appears with a solution, they can grow a people into giants to fight the monsters.

turns outs the reason he can do that its because "humanity" are just actual robots , the monsters are their future
>>
File: cm_preview-01-01-01-f.jpg (31 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
cm_preview-01-01-01-f.jpg
31 KB, 580x580
>>67192347
>A man wakes up without memory, trapped inside of a huge room
> there's billions of names with a number following every name carved on the floor, walls and even the ceiling
>also, there is a old computer in the center of the room
>the screen only shows a search bar
>after a while, the man tries to put a name with their respective number on the computer
>the computer throws very detailed information of what appears to be the owner of the name
>a photo, age, weight, height, whole life summed up in a couple of paragraphs
>he do this with every name he finds and scratch of the room those names who he already saw
>eventually, he finds the only name that is not carved, but written on red ink
>he puts the name on the computer
>a photo loads first
>it's him
>with the information of the computer, he finds out that he ______is autistic___________________________
>>
>>67192347
You know I think you could make a really emotional movie outta that
>>
>It starts with a girl waking up, massive headache, no idea what happened last night. And this random guy starts to chat up with her, they hit it off.
>Cut to 4 years later, they're dating and completely in love
>Suddenly, they're attacked by futuristic foot-soldiers, that try to take them and their friends out one by one
>A mysterious man shows up and explains the situation to them
>They're the time corps, and they're there to deal with a looping paradox
>A looping paradox is an endless nonsensical event that can destroy time itself, for example, take it that you received a package from a time traveller and you have to deliver to another one, that time traveller then travels back in time and gives it to you, to give it to future him. The package will keep looping forever in time, with no clear beggining or end.
>Those are mostly harmless, complications arrive if you get something alive in a paradoxal loop. Something with an expiration date will eventually die and break a loop that has happened for a million times over and over, collapsing reality on itself. The Time Corps need to find the living subject and subdue him before it's too late.
>They continue to be hunted down and taken out one by one, untill only the woman and her boyfriend are left and they arrive on the mysterious man's time ship to run away
>Her boyfriend is killed
>Out of total sadness, she asks for the time ship to take her to the first day they met, and have it wipe out her memory of the last 4 years, so she can relive the happiest moments of her life again.
>it ends replaying the exact same scene as the beggining.
>She was the paradoxal loop all along.

>Directed by W Day Malyacunt
>>
>>67193591
I wrote a similar story in college, a decade ago.

I think many smokers have this idea.

By all means, make a movie of this. I'll be happy to sue, lol, and view it as hitting the lottery.
>>
>>67193732
>genre: sitcom
>about a room where people smoke

while I can see why you'd say that due to it only taking place while people are smoking, and the cig connection in general. My story is obviously a tragedy/drama of sorts revolving around 1 person. Also the whole premise of my story is its the characters "last pack" but not for the reasons he believes.
>>
A glorious, anti-establishment white man is running for President. The social justice warriors hate him, the immigrants hate him, liberals hate him, Muslims hate him, and so on. But only true Americans and people who want America to be the pinnacle of civilization again follow him and support him.

Election day comes... and he wins.

Things seem to be going good for America the first few weeks or so until the new President does a complete 180 and lets in a bunch of refugees from the war torn country of Chyria. He legalizes gay marriage, he "proves" global warming, he raises taxes, he brings back Obamacare, and gives high-ranking positions to all the Jews in America.
>>
A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.
>>
>>67192347

A man wakes up every day with a sense of confusion. He eventually stops his routine and goes searching. He doesn't know what for.

He finds a door and then wakes up a new person, it can be a woman, man, child. Each time the sense of unease comes in quicker. Along the road the person finds a character who also changes but personality wise is always the same, not a guide, just someone joking around.

Anyway, the person starts to find recurring hints in the worlds he wakes up in. Clues to a "true answer" at this point the secondary character begins to get a bit more aggressive, discouraging the door travel.

Anyway, the big finish is a final door, where the "guide" grows a thousand times and is adamant that the person cannot pass. He passes and finally finds the real world.

He looks down at a dead wife and daughter, time is slowing, and he remembers that he has killed them. The non-guide is his conscious, who explains that all the realities were valid, and he did not want this life for him.

Time is slowed and we see agony in the man's eyes as he stares at their corpses.

Or something.
>>
A Miami con man agrees to be the human target for a Neo-Nazi manhunter, in order to collect $50,000 if he survives
>>
>>67194096
Directed by Christopher Nolan.
>>
A man witness a powerful politician killing a woman. To silence him, the politician gets him declared insane and throws him into a mental hospital. After months there, he decides to plan an escape, while killing some people from the hospital (nurses who mistreated him, doctors who knew he wasn't crazy but were getting paid of to keep him there, etc). It's kinda like a prison break movie and a slasher put together.

The twist is: He was actually insane the whole time. The politician never killed anyone, there was no conspiracy keeping him the asylum, he was just crazy.
>>
>>67194092

Finds a way?
>>
A man strolls across a desert in pursuit of another man, only the desert is the dried up ocean. His travels bring him across bandits and mutated fish that now breath air and crave human flesh. A sand storm finds our man seeking a light, only to discover a mutated giant angler fish.
Starring al gore.
>>
>>67192819
sounds sorta like predestination
>>
>>67194018
It should be his last pack because he is going to kill himself at the end if the day. This is this mans last day on earth, each smoke could be a glimpse into how he chooses to spend that day.
Last one he blows his brains out or you leave it ambiguous as to what happens.
>>
>>67193912
This already exists and it's fucking shit.
>>
>>67192512
this
>>
>>67192605
There's already a real Fight Club 2 told from Tylers perspective while trapped in Sebastions subconscious who is in a mental institution 10 years after the ending of the movie.
>>
A man throws a Frisbee to his dog.
The twist is the dog was actually a spider
>>
File: scared.jpg (32 KB, 1280x532) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
32 KB, 1280x532
>>67194525
2sp00ky
>>
>>67192347
A tries to ease race relations in Europe. He makes a weekly comic stripe where a man teaches morals however unknown to the readers they are from the Qur'an. It becomes widely successful across Europe and the Middle East. As people upset with the decay of manners in modern world find comfort in the feelings of a simpler time.
Finally the author reveals that these morals were actually teachings from the prophet Muhammad. People in the west are at first shocked but then feel maybe Islam isn't so bad.
However several readers then realize that the comic's character might then be Muhammad himself and Muslims then bomb cities across Europe and demand the death of the author.

The final shot is the author standing in his office, which is now on fire as a bomb has just gone off, he turns to the camera and shrugs.
>>
A man tries to talk to a girl at the bar. He does terrible, and the girl as well as everyone in the bar point and laugh at him.

When he gets home, he drags out his time machine he built on a whim, and travels back in time to try again. Outside of the bar, right in front of the window, he slips on a banana peel, where everyone inside the bar proceeds to laugh at his misfortune.
>>
>>67192487

That movie was bullshit. I somehow expected the caller to be a character already seen in the movie, but no. It was literally a stranger. In the end, I don't know how I expected any different, but I was still mad.
>>
>>67194628
Not bad, though people in the Middle East will quickly realize the similarities between the comic and the Quran.
>>
>>67193176
>>67193263
>Bill and Ted 1 and 2
>Back to the Future trilogy
>About Time
>Hot Tub Time Machine 1 and 2
>Groundhog Day
>Multiple Planet of Apes movies
>Austin Powers
>Peggy Sue Got Married

That enough?
>>
A man builds a time machine in order to stop his former self from building a time machine.

The twist is that he is actually a woman.
>>
It was Bruce Willis the entire time.
>>
a time machine builds a man to go back to being a woman when it turns out time doesnt exist
>>
A man tries to find himself in a generic feel good movie
Descends into complete lovecraftian madness as he discovers that he himself is a product of an Old One dreaming
Movie ends as the Old One wakes up
>>
File: 1221921090319vj6.jpg (37 KB, 500x479) Image search: [Google]
1221921090319vj6.jpg
37 KB, 500x479
bad guy is rlly the good guy
>>
Time travel durr durr
>>
>>67194713
Isn't that literally the plot of Predestination with Ethan Hawk?
>>
A blind man tries to find the reason for his blindness, turns out his head was up his ass the whole time.
>>
A machine tries to build time in order to meet the woman of his dreams.
The twist is the machine was actually dreaming of a man.
>>
a jewish lawyer finds out he can turn into any animal by eating it's fecal matter, which grants him 12 hours in that animal's body. the twist?
he eats his own shit out of curiosity and becomes a big piece of shit
>>
A man makes a thread on an anonymous image board. Not satisfied with the replies he buys a time machine so that he can make the thread again in the past, this time with hopefully better replies.

What he doesn't realize is that when he travels back in time he forgot to turn off the stove so his whole neighborhood burns down.
>>
A man is a big guy and starts to frogpost during flight plan with his good friend who spins because that's a good trick.
He was a big guy all along.
>>
>>67194747
I actually want to make that one could bee cool
>>
>>67192819
That's sort of like the episode of Mary Shelley's Frankenhole with Ron Howard raping himself
>>
>>67194862
Print it
>>
>>67194801
I never watched it. I don't even know what it's about.
>>
>>67194685
What movie are you talking about?
>>
>>67194254
Nice
>>
A man accidentally travels to the wrong time in his time machine, so he gets in another time machine to redo it but it turns out the controls are faulty
>>
>>67194944
'When a Stranger Calls' I'm guessing
>>
>>67194944

When a Stranger Calls. The movie literally states it's a stranger, but I didn't think it would be an actual stranger. To this day, I am perplexed.
>>
Ex marine convert to islam

lives a happy life but

one day his arab muslim wife gets murdered by bigots. Wanting to take revenge he goes on a spree to kill the bigots but then gets marked as a terror suspect. He is running for his life and also trying to find the killers.
>>
a man gets trapped in a tv after watching a dvd of last action hero during an electrical storm. he then becomes one of the casts members in movies watched on the tv by his former housemate, such as the warriors (gotta run away from the other gangs), the fly (starts becoming the fly) etc etc.
his housemate watches gay porn, tv gets paused as housemate gets up while the image of him being rammed up the ass by another gaybo is paused on screen, housemate dies like by a heart attack coz hes fat, image is burned into tv screen coz its a plasma, and hes eternally getting jabbed up the pooper for eternity
>>
A man is trying to chase the woman of his dreams down.

But due to modern feminism he's labeled as a rapist on social media, and the woman he was chasing after was actually a post-op tranny.

He later kills himself because he can't gain a career, but wakes up only to find that the side effects of his tranny-pills were kicking in and giving him lucid dreams.
>>
>>67194713
Outstanding.
>>
I didn't invent this, but I don't remember where I found it, and I'm not sure it fits this thread, but....

>Time travel is invented
>Go back in time to kill Hitler
>Run into other time travelers trying to kill Hitler
>Hitler turns out to be excellent at killing time travelrs via experience
>Return to modern time
>Being invaded by time travelers
>Go back in time to recruit Hitler to fight off the time travelers
>>
>Guy builds time machine
>Decides to kill Hitler
>Reaching the Fuhrer is impossible
>he decides that his only option is killing him as a baby
>he kills baby adolf, but gets caught by the father who destroys his time machine and has him arrested
>Hitler's father, fearing the death of her baby could drive his wife mad, adopts a new one and never tells anyone about the switch
>time traveler actually killed an innocent baby and the replacement baby was the Hitler we got
>>
An old-fashioned man start to investigate te disappearance of his missing daughter because the police doesn't give a crap. He wasn't that very close and knew little about current whereabouts. Everything links about her disappearance links back to this dude who seems to know him and runs every time they meet. The old man think that he's the killer of his daughter and tries to catch him, prove his theory, what have you.

In the end the dude he had been chasing was his own daughter. She identified herself as a man and changed her sex. She ran because she hated her father and knew he wouldn't understand. He forgives her.
>>
>>67195200
oooh solid
>>
>>67195194
Why would time travelers invade that modern time though?
>>
File: 1310418839313.jpg (47 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
1310418839313.jpg
47 KB, 340x314
>>67195194
>>
>>67195200
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_of_Darkness
>>
>>67195194
I'm imagining the future dudes like saluting Hitler in an emotional send-off as he slowly disappears into the mist of the time machine.
>>
>>67192946
ok, I just want to build on this and make it better.

Man comes home from normal day at work and finds himself dead in his bed. He freaks and at first thinks its a twin or a look alike but in a moment of mindlessness he decides to hide the body in his basement thinking he could be arrested for it. he plans to hide the body in crawlspace but when he opens the door, the small room is missing and its pitch black. he walks in with a flashlight, finds that the beam doesnt show as if theres nothing there for the light to reflect on. he gets the balls to go deeper in and when he comes back out, the body is gone. its also night and it confuses him that such a long time period has passed but he was inside only a short while. he freaks out and runs upstairs and ends up running into his other self from the past, they panic and he ends up killing his other in the bedroom. when he dies, the other fades away.
>>
>>67194524
I don't believe you.
>>
>>67195280
in the future there are no girls only trannies so they want to take the girls from the past.
>>
>>67195408
HABEEB IT
>>
>>67195298
>>67193779
>Twilight Zone already did all the good twists
Man, what a great show that was
>>
>>67195408
It's true and it's garbage just like everything Chucky P does
>>
>>67193611
You mean that TV show Siberia?
>>
>some guy goes back in time to kill hitler
>time machine accidentally takes him to 1945 instead of 1935
>he gets discovered by the gestapo
>spins a huge tale about how he's from the future, hitler needs to be stopped because he destroys the planet
>gestapo guys believe him
>they recruit a bunch of people to rebel against hitler
>eventually kill him
>they manage to stop him from killing so many jews
>him and the gestapo guys get into his time machine to go back to 2016
>they arrive, black transgenderqueerfluid dragonkin starts yelling
>STOP RIGHT THERE CIS SCUM
>shit
>everyone in the fuckin time machine
>we gotta get hitler to finish the job
we need more than 3 reich's - coming this summer
>>
File: 1451382769128.jpg (43 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1451382769128.jpg
43 KB, 330x319
>>67192661
you fucker
>>
>>67195200
Saw that on twilight 2000 with the blonde hot girl from greys anatomy.
>>
>>67193787
Dude, how was that not a Banepost?
>>
A man spends his life being angry about the things he doesn't have. He gets cancer and before he dies he realizes that he never enjoyed the things he did have.
>>
>>67195660
DUDE SO DEEP LMAO
>>
Character win national school soccer tournament and gets to play the world cup eventually
It was a dream all along, he wakes up in the hospital with two legs missing
>>
Man fakes death only to have his sole hier commit suicide and not collect wealth from life insurance
>>
>>67194191
I don't know why I find this so funny. I'd watch the shit out of this, anon.
>>
>>67195778
You forgot the parts where he has constant leg pain during the games and parts of the stadium look like a hospital etc. This would make it even deeper.
>>
>>67195822
the narrator voice was the head doctor voice
>>
File: 1212457878.jpg (88 KB, 510x718) Image search: [Google]
1212457878.jpg
88 KB, 510x718
>>67195778

Already exists m8
>>
>>67192347
Protagonist ends up going along with antagonist's not for the greater good plan
>>
>>67195822
Fug, that might actually be good.
>>
>>67195546
Never heard of it.
>>
Very rich guy is assassinated, several suspects, it was the butler all along
>>
File: udder insanity.png (127 KB, 747x416) Image search: [Google]
udder insanity.png
127 KB, 747x416
>>
>>67192736
The black guy turns out to really be a ghost. A ghost of a white guy who always wanted to have a bigger penis, then forgot he was a ghost.

>>67192347
I have a movie idea, a ripoff of the Psycho Rangers from Power Rangers in Space. A team of SWAT-types (with high tech/powers) gets apparently killed in an Akira-tier blast, 10 years later their kids are a newer team funded by a mega-corporation. A team of villains emerges and whoop their asses, the twist is it's their parents. The blast a decade earlier was a time traveling thingy, the corporation funding the new team brainwashed them and it was just testing for a new generation of soldiers with powers/tech. Rated R cause violence is badass. Halfway to season 2 of Daredevil and the violence is great, we need more gritty violent and bloody comic-tier shows.
>>
>>67193506
Reminds me of an SVU episode, a guy has blackouts and the unit thinks he beat up his therapist in a crackhouse. His sister turns out to have done it, also she killed her mother in a house fire years earlier. Turns out her brother is her son, and she got furious when she saw her mother was sexually punishing her son. Tying up his sick and shit, saying all men are bad n what not.

Law & Order SVU has a couple of these twist episodes, surprisingly they are mostly fresh and not that tacky.
>>
You thought you were watching a movie for two hours, then it's all revealed to be the opening cinematic to a video game and the controller is in the projector room.
>>
>>67196012
lost at the title
>>
File: 1457570407189.png (243 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
1457570407189.png
243 KB, 600x550
>come on /tv/
>see this thread
>think what a cool idea
>open thread
>all the ideas are shit
>mfw
>>
>teenager girl has a shitty life, starts believing she would have a better life if she was a boy
>her wish comes true, and she promptly finds herself in a parallel world where she is a boy
>her life still sucks
>even though she has a boy's body, she still "feels" like a girl, and is attracted to a guy
>She confesses her feelings to him, gets turned down and the entire school starts bullying her for being a homo
>the bullying goes to far, she can't take this shit anymore and kills one of the bullies
>she runs, goes home and wishes she was a girl again
>wakes up the next day on her old life
The twist:

Her male version from the alternate universe mirrored her actions in this universe. So, he became a girl while she was a boy, confessed his feeling to a girl, got bullied for being a lesbo and killed one of the bullies.
>>
>>67195280
They realized Hitler was getting good at killing time travelers so if the modern time kept sending time travelers to kill him, eventually there would be no hope.
>>
I just wanna watch a movie where the good guys don't succeed and there's no sequel
>>
>>67196487
Arlington Road
>>
>>67196357
What if that WAS the twist?
>>
>>67196487
Watchmen.
>>
>all this time travel bullshit
>barely any "it was aliens" twists
Come on, /tv/
>>
Man mâles a robot
Programs the robot to love everything he loves hate everything he hates etc
Robots start to act odd
Kills master and replaces him
No one notices
>>
>>67196487
Downfall
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>67195778
>>
Truck has sex with a walrus
TRUCRUS IS BORN
all peoples of the earth loving him
He making the peace even with the eyes is
Forever he fights mars Putin and his hate army
TRUCRUS FOREVER SEX MAKES
>>
Santa trades places with Satan
It's a white Christmas in hell
Everyone gets their wish
Satan does nothing and just sits as earth tears itself apart
>>
Man cuts of dick to become a woman
Dies
His soul goes into an alien
Alien joins Scientology
Soul is excised and moves onto other alien
Scientology is real but reverse for aliens
>>
>>67196867
>>67196957
>>67197094
LOLOLOL SO RANDOM XDXDXDXD ALL OF MY UPBOATS!!
>>
>>67197176
Anon gets colon cancer
Dies alone cause he has no friends
>based on a true story
>>
>>67197176
Tripfag tripfagged
He saw all of us as anonymous
Heres the catch: hes the only one who sees the world like that, anonymous know each other and have names and we actually see the tripfag as "anonymous"
>>
File: conspiracy theory keanu.jpg (37 KB, 560x358) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy theory keanu.jpg
37 KB, 560x358
>>67197382
>>
i get dubs

the twist is it's trips
>>
Man discovers that he was actually blind the whole time.
>>
>>67197435
Instead gets singles.

POTTERY
>>
>>67192946

Why and how would a ghost make a time machine?
>>
>>67197504
Because he was the ghost in the machine the entire time.
>>
Post apocalypse setting that is actually classic fantasy that follows the chronicles of an adventure team

Like the one character is basically a wizard that escaped a facility where experiments granted him powers, this individuals subconsious created a super genius that could only be communicated to through viewing his dreams. Many of this settings tech advancements came from the knowledge he provided in exchange that the scientists would create a machine of his design that would manifest him into a physical body seperate from his host. However the machine had a different effect in imbuing his host to be able to will into existance anything he can imagine
>>
>>67197610
I can dig it
>>
Not an original plot twist, but an actual good idea for a Hollywood adaption of a book series with a lot of twists in it: The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, and the King of Attolia.

I've been thinking about it for awhile, and I think it could really work well as a movie series. It's got everything Hollywood execs love in books to be adapted (historical myths, hints of godly powers, backstabbing, politics, action, and subterfuge) all set in an pseudo-ancient Greek setting. The scripts would practically write themselves, since the books are basically written in the form of scripts, and it's a trilogy of stories that are interconnected but not directly connected with cliffhangers or specific plots, meaning if one of them flops, they can discontinue the series without the need for an excuse for why there was no story resolution--because the story resolves at the end of each book, and then picks up with a scenario but the same old characters in the next.

Also, all 3 books are very tightly contained within themselves, directly lending themselves to a 1 and 1/2 to 2 hour run time without the need to add a ton of fluff or cut out a ton of important dialogue.

Boom, EZ money. Hire me, Sony, you lazy, incompetent fucks. That sounds better than "muh strong womenz!!!" ghostbusters, don't it?
>>
>>67193176
>no mention of based Phil of the future
>>
>>67192347

A girls wakes up one day, with amnesia, only to discover that she was raped.
She goes to the police and they dont help, her family, friends, government either, even women dont help her.
The twist is that she was raped by the entire city, even the women, so it was really not a crime, its just a cultural thing.
>>
>>67197610
Yea and like the tank would be a cyborg type (don't know a backstory)

The elf ranger would be some kind of ugly mutant who developed a impossibly long lifespan and decent healing ability, he walks around dressed like a cowboy and is a master gunslinger
>>
>>67193591
Does it have a happy ending? Like him getting a hole in his throat or cancer?
>>
>>67194254
10/10 would see in theaters
>>
Not a twist, more of a kinda critique if that's the right word.

Hero protagonist finds out that his entire life and all the adventures he's had have all been part of a book series which he's learned is ending soon. Tries to avoid his fate by jumping to other stories and books instead, messing them up so that others don't get their endings either. Abound with existential crisis about what a happy ending really means, questions of free will, independent thought, the shallowness and lack of true sentience of nonprimary or secondary characters, if anything besides the described borders and lands in the stories exist, if all they went through in their individual stories were worth the pain or losses they went through and what they got out of it. Starts affecting the outside world as all books start developing new pages as the stories changes and continue with no end in sight. All the characters eventually wind up deciding to go along with the stories as they were written since try as they might that's all the happiness they've ever known, they don't know anything else to do and the children and people who read the books like how they were written and how the story ends. Hero protagonist finishes his story and it becomes a best seller.

Critique: the entire story itself, is of course just a story, and we the audience like the readers in the story are getting the endings we want in "forcing" and resigning these characters to behave how we want them, lose what we want them to lose and ending where and when we want them to end.

>>67197610
>his host to be able to will into existance anything he can imagine

The world and myself would die from the first zombie/ghost dream or pervasive thought I have

>>67197684
Fuck off of 4chan Megan
>>
>>67192347
Man ,oght think's he's and filming as so so so sio similar movie but's tfait's actually his his her maybe?
'? own life'S?!!book.
>>
>>67193487
You've made a monkey out of me.
>>
>>67192946
That's the dumbest fucking idea
>>
>>67197438
How do you know that you're not blind right now, and that blind people have been seeing the world in its purest actuality this whole time?
>>
>>67194191
That's a good idea but every movie DOESN'T HAVE TO HAVE A FUCKING TWIST FOR FUCKS SAKE. I'd rather watch it as a guy wrongfully sectioned
>>
A young man is haunted by a reoccurring nightmare in which he slowly dies alone, cold, hungry, and in poverty. In response, he works very hard in life, working out and staying healthy while excelling in his profession, finding the love of his life. They grow old together and have a single child. His wife would be diagnosed with a disease that siphons all of their money, thinking they could cure it, but she does not make it. His son would die by drunk driving because he never had the kind of drive like his father and instead prefered to party recklessly. The twist is that the man dies just as he feared, blaming himself for all the faults of his life. Having accepted Jesus as a coping mechanism in his later years, it ends with him holding and dropping a heavily bookmarked bible while looking out of a window, wherein his reflection as a hollow, torn man stares back as he drops dead from old age without closing his eyes.
>>
>>67192347
>opens with a dream
>little boy chasing ball into road
>big semi coming
>old man with long beard and glasses in a trenchcoat pushes him out of way and gets run over and killed
>wakes up. March tenth. The little boys 60th birthday
>all friends are dead or have dementia, no family, decides to go for a walk
>sees a little boy playing ball
>feels very odd to him
>hears a noise but can already picture the semi coming
>little boy chases ball into road
>old man just watches him get fuckin blasted and laughs and laughs
>>
>>67196437
>Her male version from the alternate universe
Finds a way
>>
>>67198263
>itt: we think of good plot twist for films
>>
>>67195460
It's embarrassing that (as far as I know) we haven't gotten a good SF/suspense/etc. anthology show since the fucking 60s.

Apart from Mystery!, I mean, but that doesn't really count because the episodes are made-for-TV movies.
>>
>>67195420
Reminds me of a manga where feminism turns women into savage dykes who live in the wild after civilization collapses, while men rebuild classical civilization with traps taking the place of women. And science mumbo jumbo aids in reproduction for men and traps but women barbarians raid villages and capture men
>>
>>67195555
>XD Hitler did nothing wrong!!!1!!1!!!111
I hate children
>>
Two kindergarten teachers take their classes on a field trip. They haven't really talked much while at the school before, but become friends while working together during the field trip. After getting the kids back to school to be picked up by their parents, the two young women decide to hang out . They go to a bar to drink. Inside, there is a boxing match playing on a tv. It turns out the two ladies have two key mutual interests:
1. Teaching young children and setting them up for a bright future
2. Pure unadulterated fucking bloodsports

They decide to combine the two interests and start an underground fight club at the kindergarten they work at with the children as the fighters. After a while, the club has become popular among gamblers and the other employees also want to join in with their classes. There is now a serious circuit going on and certain champions arise, the most notable being probably Lily "Athena" Johnson, the only girl able to take on the boys. Meanwhile, the two teachers become closer and closer and eventually move in together.

After a few months, parents start complaining about the injuries their children have every day when they come back from school. This reaches a climax when during the final championship match of the fighting season (one month) Athena bites the nose of male favorite James "The Pounder" Clark. Athena refuses to give the nose back and starts wearing it around her neck as a trophy.

1/2
>>
>>67200367
James parents threaten to sue every single person related to the school and the two teachers flee in a van. Soon after beginning their escape they find out Athena is a stowaway on their vehicle. The three women drive around while on the run of the police, making money by having Athena compete in CCTs (Child Combat Tournaments) wherever they go.

In the end, they are caught by nine highly and lethally armed policemen. After a short attempted (and failed) escape, Athena and the teachers are being escorted away by five policemen. While almost being led into the van, Athena starts giggling. We see that she's not actually cuffed and has four adult noses in her right hand as she starts maniacally laughing and the screen fades to black.

2/2
>>
>>67198947
Shit, sorry. Thought it was just movie ideas
>>
>>67193506
Did you just describe Oedipus?
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.