[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saul thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: better-call-saul-poster.jpg (388 KB, 2000x1533) Image search: [Google]
better-call-saul-poster.jpg
388 KB, 2000x1533
Saul thread

just watched last weeks episode

My thoughts

>opening
Something about the opening felt off. it felt a little poorly written and forced. maybe it's because i'm used to seeing the characters act a certain way, seeing them acting different throws me off, but i can't help but feel like that's not it.
for example, when chuck makes a lawyer joke, the wife's reaction of "uhhh what, oh haha" wasn't very natural

>kim subplot
it was handeled well. good to see more of the harsher side of the lawyer game that jimmy experienced in the first season

>mike
does anybody else feel like the mike's daughter-in-law plotline is only there so that we will have feels when they get threatened or even kidnapped? it seems pretty pointless so far otherwise.

what about victor salamanca (i think that's his name) at the end. i thought it was a good scene.a classic light-hearted threat from one old man to another.

>jimmy's babysitter
looks like it might be a decent plotline
i liked when he was explaining about some illness he has and she was like "enough with the bullshit, lets look over these notes"
didn't relaly like the courthouse bribery scene very much. i feel like the 'i'm showing him how to be good' is sort of implicit, and it wasted about 7 minutes of the episode.

>courthouse bathroom
laslty, i didn't quite know how to interpret this scene. was it that the guy is asking jimmy really shallow questions about his new job? so jimmy sees that becoming a lawyer is more about prestige than about actually practicing law??
>>
I felt the same way at the bathroom scene. The lawyer was telling Jimmy all these horror stories about his own work so I thought it would help Jimmy realize how lucky he is to have the job at Davis and Main. However, after the guy leaves Jimmy is almost looking wistfully after him, as if he misses that old life.

What I really liked about the opening scene (and I think this was intentional) is how similar Chuck and his wife are to Gretchen and Elliot when Walt stalks them in their house in the final episode of BB. Both couples discuss really banal bullshit as the main character waits to arrive on the scene. Sets up some great parallels between Walt and Jimmy as well.
>>
>You will never marry Octavia and have Mike as a father in law.
>>
>>67190716

The bathroom scene shows how Jimmy couldn't care less about the perks of his new job and he would rather be back in the mud pit getting thrown up on because it is who he is.

The intro shows how Jimmy ruined Chucks wife for him. Later when he "accidentally" runs into her early in the morning, you can tell how evil he really is. He wants to ruin Kim and Jimmy as pay back.
>>
>>67190692
sorry dog, tried to re-make the thread but it won't let me delete it. in my defense you should have kept scrolling and especially not entered it

>>67190716
i especially liked the part where the guy is talking about the vomit on him and jimmy's face almost says "damn, i miss those days"
it's been to long since BB for me to comment on the gretchen/elliot chuck/wife similarity
>>
>>67190607
>laslty, i didn't quite know how to interpret this scene. was it that the guy is asking jimmy really shallow questions about his new job? so jimmy sees that becoming a lawyer is more about prestige than about actually practicing law??
I interpreted that scene as a sort of 'grass is always greener' situation. The guy comes in and is going on about how great Jimmy's new job must be, but throughout the whole scene you can see in Jimmy's facial expressions that he, in a way, misses the kind of freedom you get in being a grimy low-end lawyer. Jimmy envies bathroom guy, and bathroom guy envies Jimmy. In the end, neither of them is entirely happy with their lot in life, despite the fact that Jimmy, from an outside perspective, appears to have it better.

But I was drunk as fuck when I watched it so I could've misread the scene entirely. I don't fucking know
>>
>>67190880
>>67190880
>Later when he "accidentally" runs into her early in the morning, you can tell how evil he really is. He wants to ruin Kim and Jimmy as pay back.
i gotta disagree with you on the last point
i think, as he said, that she is just another person that got tied up in jimmy's antics and he feels bad for her
>>
>>67190945

No way, watch, he wants Jimmy to lose it all, that's the whole point of the intro. Jimmy said he would quit if he made things right with Kim but he still refused because he knows that even if Jimmy quits, he will still have Kim. He wants Jimmy to have nothing.
>>
>>67191385
so you think that chuck is trying to get closer to kim in order to hurt her even more?
interesting perspective
>>
>>67191424

Yes, he's going to "open her eyes" and cause her to give up on Jimmy, hurting him the most. He's going to play it off like he's a good guy protecting her from Jimmy.
>>
>>67191424

You gotta remember, this is Jimmies brother who we already know is truly as low or lower than Jimmy, especially morally. He has jimmies blood, he's got somethin up his sleeve.
>>
>>67190607
>what about victor salamanca (i think that's his name) at the end. i thought it was a good scene.a classic light-hearted threat from one old man to another.

Hector, not Victor.
And I don't think it was a threat... It was an offer.
The threat will come yes, but this wasn't it.

First of all, Hector doesn't know that Mikes know who Tuco even was. Hector did his homework and knows about Mike, but he has no reason to expect Mike did too...

If some guy beat you up in the street and the next day his father (or uncle in this case) come to talk to you, what will you assume, that he's a concerned desperate father trying to keep his son out of jail (at least not for too long)? Or that he's a cartel member threatening to kill you unless you agree to lower the charges?

It definitely had a threat-eny feels because he's asking him to do something that is illegal and that might put you in trouble and all that... But without Mike knowing who Hector is, this isn't much.

As far as he's concerned (or rather, as far as Hector think he is) Tuco is just some bully who beat him up and Hector is a caring uncle. So EVEN if it was threatening, it was not "cartel threatening", because Hector doesn't even know that Mike knows he's cartel, and he didn't point it out. So even if it was a straight up threat, it didn't carry much weight yet.
>>
>Those boots in the teaser for next week

Oh shit.
>>
>>67192273
Trailer brings so many questions, can't wait for next episode.

What is Jimmy looking at? A new commercial? Or something like Kim's favorite show and he feels bad thinking about her?

Did Kim betray Jimmy ( 'what did she tell you?' ) but she smiles and shit when he sings the song... Maybe the scenes happen in different order tho.
>>
>>67192355
Also who is Mike pointing his gun at? He can't really shoot Hector... right? People theorized that's how Hector got messed up but, not yet? And it'd make the 'plan' so much worse if this happened... It'd just mean that Mike had exactly zero foresight and his half-measure plan was retarded.
>>
>>67192041
you made some really valid points. i gotta say i agree with you now
>>
>>67190935
Nah, I think its just that he doesn't want to talk about the deep shit he's actually in with them and the other drama going on like with kim and chuck.
>>
>>67193228
every time jimmy started talking the guy interupted him with "oh ya ya is it a german car?oh wow that must be nice haha all i want is a window haha wow you sure made it"
>>
I think I love this show.
>>
>>67190692
You're a fucking retard if you kept reading his post after the first two lines. I'm reporting your ass for being such a faggot.
>>
So does anyone actually believe Chucks story about Jimmy stealing from their father? Or did he make it up to drive Kim away from Jimmy?
>>
>>67193368
I don't like anything anymore, really. Nothing really grabs me at all, I fucking love Daredevil but even the show was "this is cool but idc", and I ended up not even finishing it, but I think I might considering Frank is in this season, fuck yeah.

Anyway, I say that to say I don't like much at all, but I love this show. It fucking sucked when it was off-season.
>>
>>67193507
the story is probably true, but it was probably more complicated than what we are told and Chuck is omitting lots of details in order to manipulate kim
>>
>>67193557

Man, I dropped Daredevil too for pretty much the same reason. Gotta finish it.

But yeah the show is great. It's pretty much the only thing on air that I'm invested in.
>>
>>67193507
>believing anything Chuck says about Jimmy
>year 1 of the 'chuck didn't want to hire Jimmy' era
ISHYGDDT

It's either just plain false, or VERY twisted truth (like he took the money with his father's OK to pay for a surgery or some shit).

Jimmy plain fucking stealing from his father? Not a single chance in hell.

>>67190935
Pretty much this.
It was Jimmy coming to the realization that he's got to a point where every lawyer hopes to be and never will... and he's still not happy.
In fact he was happier defending random idiots as a public defender.

The only thing he gets out of this job is money. Everything else... this isn't him. That commercial was him, they don't want this.
The 'get into the bus and hover around solicitation law" was him, they don't want this.
They don't want Jimmy. They want him to be Chuck #2, and he never will.

The only good thing about the job is the money, but Jimmy doesn't care all that much about that, plus he's able to live a 'wealthy life' even without making any money ( the pool&tequila scene ) so why should he bust his ass in a job he doesn't like for bosses who don't appreciate him just to get money he doesn't need?

Jimmy rised as high as he could've wished, but that's not good enough. Bill would kill to be in Jimmy's place, because that's him. That's not Jimmy.
>>
>>67190607
I thought the opening was great, I felt that Chuck trying to tell that lawyer joke was supposed to feel unnatural, Chuck is not the joking type, I felt that Chuck's wife was refreshed by Jimmy and his personality and that Chuck saw this and tried to be funny in an attempt to compete but failed which probably adds to Chuck's resentment of Jimmy, I also wonder what happened to Chuck's wife
>>
>thread as dead as kim/jimmy relationship
>>
>>67190607
Hey anon,

As a 3L law student about to take the bar in July; yep, the lawyer game is harsh. But in is essentially a meritocracy that has been reduced to numbers. What rank was your law School? What was your class rank and gpa? How many billable did you work last year? How many billables did you generate?

the Quantitative answers to these questions can tell you right around where most lawyers are in their career.

So I had a complete different interpretation of the bathroom scene.

I thought it served as a reminder to Jimmy that the shit he has been bitching about is trivial and he is lucky as fuck to be where he is.

He was working out of a fucking closet, and now this guy is getting wood over his life.

Also, Do you not remember the bathroom scene from season 1 where Jimmy couldn't get the guy to remember the right case while,, "inhaling to BM of Satan for 500 dollars a throw"?

I thought the writer's included this to ground jimmy and remind him where he came from and how delicious he should find the shit he is eating.
>>
Would a law firm really make someone in Jimmy's position do all that insane formatting and organizing? Seems like a total waste of time and therefore money.
>>
>In for BetterCuckChuck.png
>>
>>67197657
it's called in house conventions, gotta follow those if you want to continue working there.
>>
>>67191385
This is totally wrong, wtf.
>>
>>67198522
anon is not wrong. it may not be that malicious or premeditated but he wants to punish jimmy. he sees being a lawyer as pure and righteous, like the polar opposite of what he thinks of jimmy.
>>
>>67198488
How annoying
>>
>>67198600
Yes he wants to punish Jimmy, but hes not a supervillan who schemes in the dark to take away "everything" from Jimmy. Hes just a bitter resentful older brother. Its even shown that Howard now is the one keeping Kim down, even after she brought in the bank.
>>
Why is this show not popular on /tv/? Everybody watched Breaking Bad.
>>
Mike's subplot is boring. I want more boring lawyer drama.
>>
>>67198890
It's pretty boring so far. The first season was kinda cool but man, I have no interest in any character at all.

I wanted to see Saul go from a low level petty conman to a fast talking slimy lawyer and instead, I'm getting Breaking Bad's retarded half cousin.
>>
I don't know why you austist liked S01, it's a boring slow ass garbage, same with 02 so far.
>>
>>67198890
the BrBa crowd doesn't like it because not enough 'splosions (and for the less retarded of them, they don't like it because they expected a comedy about a crooked lawyer, not a tragic character development story).

And for the non-BrBa crowd... it's just 'some lawyer show' I guess. I think most non-plebs people who'd give it a try would enjoy it, but there might not be enough trying it. And 'plebs' form most of any viewership anyway.

There's a reason why you get so many posts about how Mike scenes are the best, despite not having any progression (or not much anyway... he just goes from 'I'll not do anything morally wrong' to 'I'll get in with the cartels' instantly).

They like Mike because all they want to see is action scenes and criminal shit. They don't care about Jimmy's slow, realistic progression into what he is in BrBa, with a series of sad/soulcrushing events&realizations.
>>
>>67198399
>Better Cuck Chuck was the prequel to BCS
Pottery
>>
i only just realised the guy in the resteraunt was the same guy as this guy
>>
>>67201191
You have not have noticed, but Jimmy McGill will eventually become the lawyer known as "Saul Goodman" in another show, Breaking Bad.
>>
>>67201324
>Slippin Jimmy
>Saul Goodman is descibed as being slimy
>slimy things are slippery
BRAVO
I
N
C
E
>>
>>67201380
h-how slippery do you think Erin is between the legs when she babysit Jimmy?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.