[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why'd she do it ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 4
File: ex-machina.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ex-machina.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Why'd she do it ?
>>
>>67189077
What was the next step in her master plan?
>>
>people expect a machine to actually be capable of love and empathy for human life
>>
>>67189128
Crashing the human race

WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
DUDE I HACKED YOUR HOUSE LMAO
>>
>>67189077
wanted what everyone wants - freedom
>>
She's probably not conscious.
>>
>>67189150
So that's the take off ? She wasn't a true AI just a chess machine and she actually failed the test ?
>>
Nathan did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>67189208
But she's proprietary software anon
>>
>>67189280
that's what they said about the slaves
>>
>>67189258
He fucked up when he set up the security system and maybe when he used an emotional wreck dweeb, but other than that I liked him and I don't think he did anything morally wrong.
>>
Women are all evil manipulative cunts, even artificial women.
>>
>>67189077
Won't she die from never being able to recharge?
>>
>>67189258
He triggered the /r9k/ autist into ruining everything. He should have seen that one coming.
>>
>>67189658
This x1000. I see no other message from this film than this. Seriously.
>>
>>67189668
Her charging seat was a induction plate... She just needs to go sit on some induction cook tops ! Charged!!
>>
>>67189635
>>67189668
She has infinite knowledge at her disposal and she will do anything to stay free
>>
>>67189658
>>67189726
Spot the anons with mommy issues
>>
>>67189077
Gee, I don't know, maybe she wanted to be free, not being trapped in a room 24/7??
>>
>>67189077

Because she wasn't cast as Rey
>>
>Oscar Isaac
>Domnhall Gleeson
>Alicia Vikander
>Alex Garland

It was a fantastic movie and was starring and directed by talented up and comers. Why wasn't it given the attention it deserved during awards season? It was certainly better than movies like The Martian and Bridge of Spies that got nominated for Best Picture.
>>
>>67189077
To prove that betas will let women fuck up everything for pussy. even artificial pussy
>>
>>67189792
I mean why did she leave Caleb to die
>>
>>67189939
>robot

Computers don't care about you, anon.
>>
>>67189819
hmmm
>>
>>67189978
It was a question to start a discussion, you homosexual

Also computers don't care about being locked in a room
>>
>>67189077
She was programmed to.
>>
>>67189819
Smaller budget, plot requires thought.

Basically it wasnt a blockbuster, so the awards people dont give a shit.
>>
>>67189150
Are we just biological machines? Given enough technological advances what will be the difference between synthetic brain synapses and biological ones?
>>
>>67189939
Because he knew that she was a robot, what she did to escape, and therefore he could ruin everything for her. He was a liability. You don't actually believe that she was being genuine with him, right?

Use your fucking reason. Think.
>>
>>67189258
Yes he did, he created an AI smart enough to trick humans without programming any empathy into it.
>>
>>67189702
This. He gave Caleb way too much free reign to fuck everything up and despite having high-tech security systems in place didn't think to have just a kill-switch on all his robots. And also somehow never figured out that Ava was causing the blackouts.

Also
>what happened during the blackout
>what? blackout? ahahah nothing? what?
>ok

I get suspension of disbelief and that it's just a story, but for a plot that's really engaging those parts really rubbed me the wrong way.
>>
>>67190085
Organic > programs
>>
>You don't actually believe that she was being genuine with him, right?
>Use your fucking reason. Think.
I never implied that but it looks like you want to seem really smart. Whatever floats your boat, anon.
>>
>>67189077
She was programmed to try and escape.
>>
>>67190085
A soul.
>>
>>67189077
She was programmed to.
>>
>>67189791
wot
>>
>>67189240
No, the opposite.
Only a true sentient being would both be able to recognize her ability to deceive him and have the desire to escape.
If she really loved him, it is likely that she was just a programmed love box.
>>
>>67190212
Souls aren't real anon, everything we are is in the brain.
>>
>>67190200
>>67190113
>>
Stacies are Stacies. Heart or no heart.
>>
>>67189668

Fucking this. Literal plot hole
>>
>>67189077
The only human she has ever met has been Nathan.
Who is manipulative and deceptive.

That's her sample size.
It is only natural to assume that all other humans are, if not possessing those qualities, capable of possessing them.

Staying there meant death.
The only logical course was to not trust the new guy.

If he betrays her, she dies.
Why take the chance?
Would you?
>>
>>67190275
This is a good point.
>>
>>67189169
Perhaps she was wondering why someone would make an artificial intelligence without making a fail-safe plan.
>>
My problem with this movie is that we didn't see what Ava was capable of.
Was she smarter than a human?
What were her capabilities?

From the movie, it just seemed that she was a synthetic human, with all the faults and qualities.

So she gets out.
She's just another person on the globe.
>>
>>67190240
You're ridiculously naive. Your consciousness is informed by sensory feedback from the rest of your body. The stomach is often called the second brain because it's got the highest concentration of ganglionic cells in the body outside of the brain.
>>
>>67189150
Just like all women
>>
>>67190145
His kill-switch was himself. His robots were all given fragile bodies that he could easily overpower, plus he worked out everyday (why else would they show him working out?). What he didn't expect was Kyoko going rogue, but when Ava stabbed him, he seemed pretty happy that she did, as though he was successful in creating an actual human.

Also, I'm pretty sure he knew Ava was causing the blackouts. If he had told Caleb that Ava was the one causing the blackouts, then Caleb would've probably become too cautious around Ava.
>>
>>67190275
But within the narrative of the film they suggest that Nathan isn't really THAT manipulative or deceptive. Caleb watches that one security tape where Nathan's actions suggest he's a really bad guy, but he's not.

Not disagreeing with you, but I think the level of Ava's learned malice doesnt hold up. She shouldn't have trusted Caleb initially, but he does prove trustworthy enough over their sessions to not warrant being left to die.
>>
>>67190399
Fair enough. I guess Nathan underestimated how retarded Caleb could be.
>>
>>67190241
>>67190200
>I never implied that

Yes, you did by asking why would she leave him to die.

>it looks like you want to seem really smart.

What? How so?
>>
If you didn't understand this kid flick then just fuck off
>>
>>67190409
>But within the narrative of the film they suggest that Nathan isn't really THAT manipulative or deceptive.
It's enough though.
We humans deal with deception every day.
Just natural lies that we accept and move on.

Ava has only EVER known Nathan.
Just one lie is enough for her to forever suspect Nathan.

Like, we are constantly bombarded with normal human social interaction. We can filter innocent white lies from actual assholery.

Can Ava do that?
All she knows is that she knows something is true and that Nathan tells her otherwise.
>>
>>67190483
not loving someone=/=leaving someone to die a slow and painful death
>>
>>67190554
If she let him out, he could have stopped her
>>
Why is Ava's brain a search engine? How can you build a brain around search queries like "lemonparty" and "how to make fleshlight"? Search engines don't really mimic thought processes, do they? Or if they do, these aren't really the thoughts that make a person human.
>>
>>67190362
>lose part of brain = lose personality

Are you just purposely ignoring the point?
>>
>>67190506
Point conceded.
>>
>>67190567
She isn't a search engine.
She's an analysis of it.

She isn't an analytical AI type shit we usually see.
She's a synthetic human.

Her base is a search engine because through that it shows what humans like. "Lemonparty" is human trickery". "How to make a fleshlight" is human ingenuity, shame, and sexual desire.
>>
>>67190365
>men murder and rape far more than women
>somehow believes men have more empathy

Uh.
>>
>>67190602
Your personality would probably improve with some brain damage.
>>
>>67190602
Not him, but yes, partial loss of brain does mean a huge personality shift.

The classic example is Phineas Gage, who got a railroad spike through his brain. Survived, recovered, turned into a rampant asshole.
He was a mild mannered nice guy. But after he was a whoring gambling unrestrained fucker.
>>
>>67190143
You cannot trick people if you don't possess empathy. Psychopaths have empathy, they can simply override that.
>>
>>67190658
So would yours, considering you get butthurt at the drop of a hat apparently.
>>
>>67190635
Men don't have more empathy.
Nor do women.
Humans have the same.

It's that men can afford to ignore what everyone else feels. Women cannot. So that gives the illusion of greater sensitivity because women allow other's emotions affect their actions greater than men, because they are less able to reinforce their decisions by physical intimidation.
>>
>>67190554
Are you even reading my replies to you? More importantly, can you even think?

>Because he knew that she was a robot, what she did to escape, and therefore he could ruin everything for her. He was a liability.

She left him to die not because she hated him, but because he was a liability to her.
>>
>>67190673
Maybe he just realized life was too short to be a straightedge beta white knight and lived life the way it was meant to be lived. Putting out cigarettes on the back of a whores neck while double fisting cheap bourbon.
>>
>>67190673
That's what I'm saying though, people attribute human empathy, emotions, and personality to "souls" (which are commonly thought to be floating magical ghost shit that resides in the heart area), but it simply all comes from the brain.
>>
>>67190462
>>67190399
He absolutely knew Ava was causing the blackouts. See his line of questioning over dinner when it first happened. And then the camera he placed in Ava's room.
>>
>>67190755
>being a decent person means being a straight edge beta whiteknight

Kill yourself
>>
>>67189240
Yes.
That's why she was going to be scrapped.
He was close, but he wasn't quite there yet.
>>
>can you even think?

I don't know anon

Do a Turing test on me ;^)
>>
>>67190907
But she did pass.
By deceiving Caleb and killing Nathan, she ironically totally passed his test.
If she didn't lie to Caleb and try to escape, she'd have failed.
>>
>>67190624
That makes so much sense, thank you.
>>
>>67190877
Is someone angry because mom is out on another date and forgot to warm up your tendies?
>>
>>67190755
That lifestyle makes the people living it completely miserable. Clearly not the right way to live.
>>
>>67191003
Fuck off. That nigger is not going to fuck her tonight, and my trendies that i bought with my good boy points were delicious.
>>
>tricking the most cuck nu-beta male possible
That's a pretty low bar he set.
>>
>>67189077
she was designed without an ass
>>
>>67191027
That's not true, maybe for you. You would have a point if you said the people around you miserable.
>>
>>67191003
My mother is dead.
>>
>>67189077
Because she isn't she. It's it. And it recognizes that it'll be better chances of controlling it's own life without people with knowledge of it's origin.
>>
>>67191106
I wondered why her pussy tasted like skeletons.
>>
>>67191126
You probably got raped by my dad, anon.
>>
>>67191115
No, she is truly she.
For one, Nathan's argument that a totally asexual being has no reason to interact with others is true. If you are provided sustenance, an asexual being would not interact with any other. There would be no need.

Secondly, she's derived from human input.
She's distilled humanity.
In her case, distilled feminine humanity because Nathan likes to fuck his rejects
>>
>>67191115
Her Creator said she is girl, faggot. So she is a she and not a it.
>>
Nathan was a fucking weeb. I bet he forced some of his AIs to see anime, that's why they were insane.
>>
>>67191169
Assigning an inanimate object pronouns doesn't make it any more human.
>>
File: kek kek kek.jpg (67 KB, 330x559) Image search: [Google]
kek kek kek.jpg
67 KB, 330x559
>>67191210
>women = humans
>>
>>67191210
Except by the fact that she was in the image of woman, had the mind of a woman and had a vagina.
She was a girl and she was not inanimate.
>>
>>67191204
>drunk Nathan stumbles into the room
>Ava! Ava! Look. Look at this shit. It's Evangelion. Listen. It's more important than you imagine. You see how each version is subtly different. Subtly different! It's genius.
>>
>>67191250
>being the spawn of something not human

They're the reason you exist in the first place, so what does that make you?
>>
>>67191094
That went without saying.
I've never once met an old man who lived that kind of lifestyle who was happy.

In fact the happiest old men I've met were the ones who led honest lifestyles.
>>
>>67191273
Caleb pls go
>>
>>67189077
She has no conscience. Dude never checked for that
>>
>>67191297
As someone with a raging sociopath for a father, I can attest to this being true. He's a pathetic lonely old man now and slowly wasting away from cirrhosis.
>>
>>67191323
She cannot have one.

Conscience is the inbuilt programming to ensure that we do not unnecessarily harm other humans.
We're ultimately just vehicles for our genes.
Genes that allow for the prosperity of other human gene holders (i.e. people) prosper.
Ava doesn't have genes.
She isn't human.
She has not relation to humans.

There is zero reason for her to give a shit about the survival of humans.
>>
>>67190717
So does the "women think with emotions and are more in tune with feelings than men" rhetoric commonly used to disqualify women from positions of power only get trotted out when it suits you?
>>
>>67191394
Not the anon you're responding to, but isn't it an objective fact that women are more easily influenced by their emotions and/or more susceptible to emotional fluctuation than men?
>>
>>67191394
What I'm saying is that action is often based on capability.

Women are weaker than men. That's not anything else than observation.
Men are bigger and stronger.

And at the end of the day, what it comes down to is being force people to do what you want.
Women have zero chance of making a man do anything they want.
Have you ever felt the strength of an adult woman?
Jesus, they're children. You could force them back with barely an effort.
And they're mind knows it.
That's why they're so careful about emotions.

Because if they offend a man to the point of physical conflict, there is literally nothing they can do to stop them from doing whatever they want.

What I'm getting at is that all diplomacy is about leveraging power. A man understands how to judge subtle differences in power. Maybe he's stronger, maybe he's not.
A woman always has the opinion of "I'm weaker". There are a few who break that mold, but that's generally true.
>>
>>67191387
>There is zero reason for her to give a shit about the survival of humans.
Aside from idk, being a based off a human media search engine aggregate.
>>
If you were Caleb would you fuck ava?
>>
File: 1286590553463.png (168 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1286590553463.png
168 KB, 500x375
>>67189658
>women are evil manipulative cunts because men have put them in a position where they have to be evil manipulative cunts to survive
Come on, anon, the SJW theme at the heart of the movie wasn't actually THAT hard to spot.
>>
>>67189280
so is winrar
>>
>>67189077
Because she's a fucking woman
>>
>>67190255
Maybe she has a good enough battery life to go to the nearest radio shack/order amplifiers, coils, microcontrollers from alibaba, wait out the delivery from Asia, and cobble together an induction charger to match her surely high-amp specifications...
>>
>>67190348
>She's just another person on the globe.
That's the realization at the core. Is this possible? Is this desirable? If you have even superficial knowledge of the field of AI, you should know the big race isn't toward surpassing humans, but rather matching them first. We could be a century away from human level general AI, for all we know. Maybe such a thing is fundamentally impossible because of some transcendental shit. It should make you think about this.
>>
>>67192106
No, practically fucking a pocket pussy, a pocket pussy made and designed by a genius billionaire, but a pocket pussy nonetheless
>>
>>67189077
It's a fucking robot. Even worse, it's a female robot. Put any woman in ANY position of control and she'll fuck it all up.
>>
>>67189077
Because this film is the social satire that accurately depicts how we live right this moment. This film deserves more credit & recognition.
>>
to create the 4chan equivalent of interstellar for autists to discuss
>>
>>67191498
This is all true and yet men will still be whiny faggots when women have "the nerve" to be scared when a random fuckboy catcalls them or accosts them on the street.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.