[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Directed by Villeneuve >Based on the award-winning short
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: heptapod.jpg (123 KB, 1600x297) Image search: [Google]
heptapod.jpg
123 KB, 1600x297
>Directed by Villeneuve
>Based on the award-winning short story "Story of Your Life"
>Starring Amy Adams

Based Villeneuve making science fiction relevant again.
If you don't mind the spoilers, read the short-story. It's fucking mind-blowing.
>>
>>67186509
>Villeneuve

Quite objectively reddit: the director
>>
>>67186509

link
>>
>>67186531
https://mathisgasser.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/ted-chiang_story-of-your-life_2000.pdf
>>
>>67186509

You didn't even give the title of the movie.
>>
>>67186531
>>67186558
When did this board become so disabled? Can't you niggers use google?
>>
Bump.
>>
>>67186628
>using a botnet
>>
File: I laff.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
I laff.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
>>67186509
>Directed by Villeneuve
>>
>>67186628

>walk into bar

>"Hey guys, I'm so pumped about that new thing I just heard about and I want all of you to know about it and check it out."

>"Oh, cool, so what's that thing? I want to know more about it, but you didn't give me any details that would help me learn about it and you didn't even really describe it very well, either, but I'd love to have a discussion with you if you provide some information."

>"GOD DAMMIT YOU DISABLED FUCKING NIGGER I'M NOT HERE TO SPOONFEED YOU JESUS CHRIST CAN'T YOU EVEN USE GOOGLE WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU"

This is what you sound like. If you want to share something with people, give them some fucking details. It promotes discussion and helps people know what you're talking about in the first place. Based on the information in the OP I might end up finding something that isn't even what you're talking about and I wouldn't know.

If you're going to bring something to people for discussion you should give them key information. Like the title of the movie you're talking about. Is the movie out right now? Is it coming soon? Is it just some announcement? Is there a news story we should know about? Give these details so people can have context and be able to form some amount of discussion without first spending 20 minutes going outside the thread and researching it based on the clues you were gracious enough to sprinkle for us.

If you're going to leave out details like that don't get butthurt about people needing more information. You're the one being vague for no reason and that vagueness is the reason that anyone who reads this thread will just move on without even knowing what movie you talked about or why they should care, which means they won't even think about going to see the movie you're clearly trying to encourage people to see.
>>
>>67186526
>>67186825
Fuck you guys
>>
>>67187034
Not only /tv/ is full of disabled niggers but also diabled plebeian niggers. If you're browsing a board about television & film, it's expected of YOU to know about the upcoming movies of known directors and such. If you haven't heard about Story of Your Life yet you're literally a dumbass and a pleb.

But since you asked nicely.
>Taking place after alien crafts land around the world, an expert linguist is recruited by the military to determine whether they come in peace or are a threat.

>Dr. Louise Banks is enlisted by the military to communicate with a race of radially symmetrical aliens who initiated first contact with humanity. Woven through the story are remembrances of her daughter.

The heptapods have two distinct forms of language. Heptapod A is their spoken language, which is described as having free word order and many levels of center-embedded clauses. Understanding Heptapod B, the written language of the aliens, is central to the plot. Unlike its spoken counterpart, Heptapod B has such complex structure that a single semagram cannot be excluded without changing the entire meaning of a sentence.

When writing in Heptapod B, the writer knows how the sentence will end. The phenomenon of Heptapod B is explained by the alien's understanding of mathematics and Fermat's principle of least time.

Dr. Banks's understanding of the heptapods' writing system affects the way she perceives time and suggests a deterministic universe where free will is exercised by not affecting the outcome of events.
>>
>>67187277
>If you're browsing a board about television & film, it's expected of YOU to know about the upcoming movies of known directors and such.

But this is where I GET that information.
>>
>>67187277

Didn't really need full on spoilers. I just asked for a title. Thanks, though, now I don't need to see it.
>>
Great movie op.

Just kidding you're a faggot and you should die of aids
>>
>>67186509
I just finished reading, It was OK, nothing more.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.