[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else remember when Quentin Tarantino made REAL movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Pulp-Fiction-036.jpg (224 KB, 1920x810) Image search: [Google]
Pulp-Fiction-036.jpg
224 KB, 1920x810
Anyone else remember when Quentin Tarantino made REAL movies instead of bloated genre pastiches and exploitation movies?
>>
I haven't seen Hateful 8, but yea Django was awful. Inglorious had some good stuff. I do miss his films set in current time, like Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill. Come back to the present, Quentin.
>>
Would you suck Tarantino's dick to stay alive in the frozen Colorado wilderness?
>>
>>67184439
l miss that Tarantino anon
>>
notice how when he fell out with avery, he stopped making REAL movies...hmm wonder why.....
>>
>>67184439
>bloated genre pastiches and exploitation movies
Isn't that what Pulp Fiction is, minus bloated?
>>
>>67184439

I liked Hateful 8, but he just had to end on a bloodbath.

I kind of hope his next film with be another Jackie Brown
>>
File: reservoir_dogs_city_on_fire.jpg (32 KB, 450x330) Image search: [Google]
reservoir_dogs_city_on_fire.jpg
32 KB, 450x330
>>67184439
>Anyone else remember when Quentin Tarantino made REAL movies instead of bloated genre pastiches and exploitation movies?

this never happened
>>
>>67184840
This. The ending of Jackie Brown is heart gushingly sweet. Same with Kill Bill. I don't always want him to make shoot'em ups
>>
While it's true that he never made REAL real movies, his endproducts are increasingly becoming worse and worse as he works very hard on adding further degrees of separation from reality

1) postmodern film
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction

1.5) Jackie Brown

2) MOVIE MOVIE UNIVERSE XD
Kill Bill
Grindhouse (arguably, even though he never said so)
Inglorious Basterds
Django Unchained

3) I'm quoting my own previous movies and fanservicing people who worship my persona (population: one)
Le Hateful Eight xD
????
>>
>>67184473
nah I ain't gonna do it
>>
>>67184908
That's the joke.
>>
>>67184439
I remember never hearing /tv/ use the word pastiche before the TFA review.
>>
File: X3LZxpw.jpg (74 KB, 600x885) Image search: [Google]
X3LZxpw.jpg
74 KB, 600x885
>>67185038
I didn't understand the ended of JB for years. The way Max gets off the phone and the camera goes out of focus like the tears are in his eyes as he lifts his head while putting his hands over his eyes is so sad. Beautiful.
>>
>>67184439
Not only do I miss pre-Kill Bill Tarantino, I miss the time he'd write scripts for other accomplished directors to take on, like True Romance, and even when he punched up scripts for films here and there.
>>
>>67185609
Even collaborations, like four rooms, or the guest director for a scene in sin city.
>>
>>67184473
Nah not enough blood to raise body temperature above hypothermia.
>>
pulp fiction and reservoir dogs are the only good films he's made
the rest are trumped up self defecating horse shit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.