[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Watchmen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Okay, /tv/...

wtf did I just watch?

>fedora wearing autist who is LITERALLY anonymous
>big blue demigod getting LITERALLY cucked by Night Owl.
>2edgy4me punisher ripoff
>muh strong female character
>le intellectual pirate cartoon shoehorned inside

The only character that made any sense was Adrian. But seriously? This movie was fucking terrible. I was told this was supposed to be "a thinking man's capeshit" but honestly? GotG was way less reddit than this movie.
>>
The bait is weak
>>
>>67180659
you were supposed to post this at /r/movies
>>
>>67180659
love silk spectre's ass. Thanks m8
>>
>>67180659
>The only character that made any sense was Adrian.
that's why he is best boy
>>
Literally not baiting. But for real, if you can counter any of my points, please, feel free.
>>
Also, can someone explain Warshack's powers to me?

Was it just the ability to make his mask look different?
>>
>>67180659
Pirate cartoon wasn't included in the theatrical release.

Try harder.
>>
>>67180659
Okay, here we go:
>fedora wearing autist who is LITERALLY anonymous
Technically every other member of the Watchmen except Adrian Veidt and Dr. Manhattan is anonymous seeing as they were the only two who went public with their real identities.
>big blue demigod getting LITERALLY cucked by Night Owl.
The reason for this is because Dr. Manhattan was loosing all touch with his emotions and humanity, and the Silk Spectre who was currently involved with him needed someone who understood her and someone she could confide in. Dr. Manhattan could no longer provide that for her, and Night Owl could.
>2edgy4me punisher ripoff
I understand that The Punisher was published some 12 years before The Watchmen, but I don't see what you're saying.
The cast already features 5 strong male protagonists. The Silk Spectre was an only child who grew up under tough circumstances, it only makes sense she'd mature to be a strong woman. And this is a movie about super heroes after all...
>le intellectual pirate cartoon shoehorned inside
Not part of the theatrical release I believe. That was added in one of the cuts released on DVD well after the movie had been.

Some people liked the movie, some people didn't, just like every other movie in the history of time. If you don't like it, I don't know what to tell you.

>>67180786
His mask doesn't actually change appearance. Just as different people see different things when they look at Rorschach tests, his mask changing in appearance is supposed to convey that concept. Instead of giving it a static image, it's constantly changing to convey the sense of what an individual rather than yourself may see.

The only character to really have any powers was Dr. Manhattan, the others were just well trained, intelligent, physically fit individuals who took it upon themselves to fight crime.
>>
>>67181205
I watched the ultimate cut.

...this movie came out in 2009, why the fuck would you assume I only watched the theatrical release?
>>
>>67182964
I say this because this wouldn't of been a complaint if you had paid to see it in theaters or just chose to watch the theatrical release. Watching anything but the theatrical release is a choice. Like watching the directors cut of LotR.
>>
>>67183339
Sure. I'll concede that.

But does the theatrical release still include massive amounts of blue cock and all the other general faggotry?
>>
>>67183642
Yeah, his wang is hanging out either way.
>>
File: 1456610078279.jpg (55 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
1456610078279.jpg
55 KB, 692x577
>>67180786
>warshack
pls kys
>>
File: b4a.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
b4a.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>67180786
>>
File: Image.jpg.jpg (40 KB, 586x429) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg.jpg
40 KB, 586x429
>this thread
>>
>>67180659
The thource material ith far thuperior *sucks saliva and air through braces*
>>
>>67183749
source of that pic? i lul'd
>>
File: old photographs.jpg (530 KB, 1920x886) Image search: [Google]
old photographs.jpg
530 KB, 1920x886
>>67180659
weak stuff anon
>>
Is this a bait, a meme or are people here really are that hateful of women?
Was she really as bad as catwoman or that chick from avengers? Because otherwise you could complain about literally every other character for being "muh strong male character"
>>
>Alan Moore irl is an atheist edgelord le randum XD practicing magician
>hold From Hell as his best work
>read Eddie Campbell's Bacchus and realize Eddie was the only reason FH was good
>>
>>67181823
>His mask doesn't actually change appearance

Yes it does, and this is explained in the book, not in the movie.
It's a fabric with a black oily substance trapped between the sealed white layers, which shifts and changes shapes based on Rorschach's face temperature and expression.
>>
>>67183968
I'm going to take a wild, shot in the dark guess and say it's from wikihow
don't worry, i only use this amazing power for good
>>
>>67180659
yeah i mean, it has some big problems but it's way more interesting than any other capeshit made in this generation. capeshit is garbage but this was on the edge of being an actual movie instead of just garbage
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.